Alex Morgan Says She's 'Scared' of Delivering Daughter Without Husband amid Coronavirus Outbreak

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by FanOfFutbol, Mar 31, 2020.

1. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  2. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know there's a thread for random news articles, right?

jnielsen repped this.
  3. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes and I believe things get lost there. If it were important then some moderator would notify me. I personally prefer separate threads or at least separate subjects.

4. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    This board hasn't had regular moderation in years. It's up to the regular posters to help each other out with these things.

5. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    This thread's fine -- it isn't a light news story. And it's at least as newsworthy as several other OPs over the years...

https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/match-the-current-uswnt-with-mario-kart-characters.2107000/

https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/179-days-later.2027764/

https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/soccer-movies-u-s-premiere-at-afi.2109034/ :)

From the random thread post #1:

With no soccer on the agenda for months, a forum needs some more things to discuss/read (maybe differently from the usual times). I dunno if a general Alex Morgan thread would work any better(?)

6. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

ANGEL CITY FC, UCLA BRUINS
    United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Hey, I'm totally proud of my mario kart comparison OP. I'm still waiting for someone to tell me that Rapinoe and Heath = Yoshi and Princess Peach, Bowser could totally be either Horan or Mewis, and Mario and Luigi could be like Alex Morgan and Carli Lloyd.

My favorite character on the N64 version was either Koopa Troopa or Toad so I would put Christen Press as either one of those. They were always the most consistent and reliable characters in the game.:p:p:p:p

sbahnhof repped this.
  7. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I only commented after there have been multiple threads of a random article that no one felt merits discussion. And even in this thread with multiple posts now, no one is talking about the article. That's exactly why there's a catch-all thread. Plus, in the instance of this article, there's also already a thread on Alex Morgan's pregnancy.

Multiple threads with no discussion push down threads that people were still discussing. But fine, its not that big of a deal. And in any case, there's not that much movement in this forum right now anyway.

sbahnhof repped this.
  8. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are they living back in California now?

9. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia

Cliveworshipper and McSkillz repped this.
  10. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    Kid looks six weeks old

zdravstvuyte repped this.