Match the current USWNT with mario kart characters

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by McSkillz, Oct 21, 2019.

1. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

ANGEL CITY FC, UCLA BRUINS
    United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1 McSkillz, Oct 21, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    I thought it would be fun this week to compare the current team members with classic mario kart characters while we wait the next coach and the next cycle of players, I'll go first and I'm using qualities based on the mainly 1990s Mario Kart games, the super nintendo one and the nintendo 64 version. The relatively current ones on the recent nintendo systems I've played but never owned or cherished as a child so they don't have the same nostalgia for me. So here's the basic characters if anyone wants to add additional characters or associate more players into these characters that's fine too of course.

Mario: Carli Lloyd, Alex Morgan, Christen Press
    Luigi: Alyssa Naeher, Ashlyn Harris, Adriana Franch, Jess McDonald
    Princess Peach: Crystal Dunn, Alex Morgan
    Yoshi: Mallory Pugh, Kelley O'hara
    Toad: Tobin Heath, Megan Rapinoe, Rose Lavelle
    Bowser: Lindsay Horan, Julie Ertz
    R.O.B. the robot: Sam Mewis
    Koopa Troopa:

Semblance17 repped this.
  2. Semblance17

Semblance17 Member+

United States
    Apr 27, 2013
    Lighthouse Point, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have no idea how you're making these associations, or what prompted this idea, but I will concede it is a fun one. The completionist in me noted 7 players missing from the WC roster (Brian, Davidson, Dahlkemper, Krieger, Long, Sauerbrunn, and Sonnett) as well as 2 characters missing from the classic Mario Kart 64 roster (Donkey Kong and Wario). Care to complete the list?

I would think Tobin would be more of a Yoshi myself. And Alex Morgan gets two characters? What gives? :ROFLMAO:

Also I would the GKs would by nature correspond with the heavyweight kart characters (ya know, as the anchors of the defense)?
    [​IMG]

3. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    I know Kelley O’Hara is a racing fan..
    Met her at Daytona in 2015.

Semblance17 repped this.
  4. Semblance17

Semblance17 Member+

United States
    Apr 27, 2013
    Lighthouse Point, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Comparing Mario Kart to NASCAR is analogous to comparing Super Mario Strikers to FIFA. :D NASCAR drivers don't have to worry about these little beauties, for one thing.
    [​IMG]

McSkillz repped this.