Please pray for Ariel Sharon

Dieses Thema im Forum 'Spirituality & Religion' wurde von Amerikaki gestartet, 4 Januar 2006.

1. christopher d

christopher d New Member

11 Juni 2002
    Weehawken, NJ
    Nah. It's more amusing to see you whine about it every third post.

2. christopher d

christopher d New Member

11 Juni 2002
    Weehawken, NJ
    On the other hand, keep it civil, kids. There's a thread already open to discuss Sharon. This one was to ask for prayers for him. Big difference. Show some respect to the poster who opened the thread by keeping it in that spirit, please.

3. christopher d

christopher d New Member

11 Juni 2002
    Weehawken, NJ
    This is really not the thread to go into this, but the deity worshipped by Jews, Christians and Muslims is exactly the same deity. So, no. By using the name Allah for this God (or Jehovah, for that matter), one would not be breaching the bounds of monotheism. But that is *so* off topic.

4. HapoelFanNYC

HapoelFanNYC New Member

25 März 2005
    israel
    man i just see the posts of people here and i am amazed by how ignorant and how disrespectful people may be. i am not going to talk about peoples posts here and why they absolutely make no sense, but i am going to respect the person who started the thread and say that my thoughts and prayers are with the sharon family. no one asked u to go to church or put a skullcap on, or even go to a mosque, just asked u to be respectful and if u dont want to do that than just dont post here.

5. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

28 März 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Thanks. Would you mind removing the sticky from the guidelines thread then since we're allowed to ignore it now? :D

6. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    21 Oktober 2004
    Daly City
    it's really simple. If you don't want to post anything relating to feeling grief for Sharon's family, then don't post. If you do post disrespectful comments, Mods should delete that. If you want to accuse Sharon of things, do it in other threads.

7. Nimrodg

Nimrodg New Member

15 Dezember 2005
    ISRAEL
    What ********ing massacre????????? Oh, it's the one that people had faked funerals and fell off while their dead, and start walking.

It was an Operation after innecent people were killed in passover meal.
    Actually, the palestinians brought theirselves to that point, and actually Sharon succeeded to stop most of the terror. And he gave up on Gaza strip, without wanting nothing from the palestinians, there aren't much leaders that would've do such thing!!

On the other hand, Yasser Arafat was related DIRECTLY to terror and he is responsible for death of many innocent people on purpose , and was related directly to the Atheltes Massacre in Munich 1972

8. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

3 Mai 2002
    Orygun coast
    WOW..! Did you get dizzy and fall over after spinning this.
    Or is that what they teach you in schools nowdays.
    Just totally freeking amazing..!

And back on topic: I'd feel just as bad if it was Bush who had suffered as I do about Sharon.

9. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

8 April 2002
    How so?

10. chiladd

chiladd Member+

21 März 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    who can forget in 1988 during the "infitada" when an Israeli Minister told security forces to "go in and break their bones".The world was agasp at this , how can a member of a "civilized" nation's government say such a thing.The man who said it was Yitzakh Rabin , he was condemed by western liberals at the time.when he was assasinated in 95 , he was seen by the same people as practically a saint for his role in the peace process.
    Rabin_like Sharon knew the stakes in the region.He knew the consequences of failing to quell uprisings and force by Palestinians, Syrians and so forth.Now, Im not comparing the two completly.I personally dont hold Sharon in the same regard as Rabin.But to classify him as a monster and a maniac is disingenous.The same people who are doing this cheer for men who train children to massacre innocent civilans while they hide in compounds.
    Sharon deserves respect as a man who has lead from the front.when he fought he was there on the lines_leading IDF forces into victory over his nations enemies.In his age and stature he has begun to see_like Rabin_ that Israel may need to give a little to acheive some peace.
    I find it odd that so many are cheering the suffering of the man who handed them the settlements_and threatened his own hold on power by doing so.When he passes Israel will lose one of its great Warriors and leaders_ he was no saint, but how many men really are.He didnt send men to places he wasnt willing to go when he was there age.He fought for his people on the battlefield and in the Parliament.
    I dont knwo if Sharon would want many to pray for him_maybe he would want them to pray for the region and what direction it will take once he is gone.

11. HapoelFanNYC

HapoelFanNYC New Member

25 März 2005
    israel
    na, we dont learn to hate palestenians in our schools, its just the opposite, go look at what palestenian kids r being tought by their parents and then you would understand why this peace process isnt going anywhere and why it would stay like this when the next generation is in office...

about the jenin "massacre" nimrod is right, most of it was fakes and over exaggerated. im pretty sure though that other countries would do the same and take military action if someone blew himself up and killed people enjoying their christmas meal...

12. HapoelFanNYC

HapoelFanNYC New Member

25 März 2005
    israel
    one more thing, i always here about the jenin massacre as an excuse for attacking israel, but i can name so many masscres where innocent men, women and children were murdered by palestenian terrorists...

13. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

18 Januar 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Allah literaly translates into English as God. So if you believe in God, then yes, pray to Allah. It's the same damn thing in a different language.

14. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

28 Oktober 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You'll all be happy to know that our good buddy Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has joined us in prayer for Mr. Sharon.

Of course, Mr. Ahmadinejad is praying for Mr. Sharon's death. What a lovely man.

http://www.newkerala.com/news.php?action=fullnews&id=79803

15. DJPoopypants

DJPoopypants New Member

and Pat Robertson sings the praises of his friend...

http://mediamatters.org/items/200601050004

From the January 5 edition of CBN's The 700 Club:

Woohoo - which islamic fundamentalist imam can top that - sticking the knife in the back of your friend on his deathbed?

(And, uh, was the Gaza strip ever really part of the kingdom of the ancient hebrews?)

16. superdave

superdave Member+

14 Juli 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pat Robertson's god is a big puss. I mean, how much supernatural power does it take to give a morbidly obese, near 80 year old man a fatal stroke?

My God could kick Pat Robertson's god's ass.

17. Rostam

Rostam Member

11 Dezember 2005
    :D :D

18. Rostam

Rostam Member

11 Dezember 2005
    most people know that but they pretend to be ignorant to make it easier to ridicule.

thesame thing appplies with purposefully misspelling "shia" moslem, as "shiite". Considering the origin of these melacious acts, it shows the lack of moral values.
    Real life is becoming more like Hollywood, "Make em Believe".

19. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

2 Mai 1999
    What a wonderful post. Thanks.

20. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

2 Mai 1999
    Actually, everyone in the world community now realizes there was no massacre. So please don't sully this man's name with such garbage. If you want to discuss this further, do it in another thread, where we can refute your garbage.

None of us are perfect. None of us are G-d. I pray for Ariel Sharon, his family and the people of Israel.

21. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    21 Oktober 2004
    Daly City
    i think you responded to the wrong poster.

22. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

2 Mai 1999
    oops, sorry about that

23. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

2 Mai 1999
    Statement from Rabbi Eric H. Yoffie, President, Union for Reform Judaism

Reform Jews of North America join with Jews throughout the world in praying for the swift and complete recovery of Prime Minister Ariel Sharon from his current illness. Tomorrow you will receive prayers that may be included in Shabbat services this week.

Mr. Sharon occupies a unique place in the hearts of the Jewish people and in the history of the Jewish state. Throughout his life, he has been a strong and determined leader of Israel and a valiant fighter for Jewish interests everywhere. As a soldier on the battlefield, he demonstrated remarkable courage in each of Israel’s wars; later, as a politician, he demonstrated equal courage in the political arena, overcoming voices of extremism with a message of reason and moderation.

As Prime Minister since 2001, Mr. Sharon has been a man from whom we have come to expect the unexpected. A one-time champion of settlement building, he made the daring decision to dismantle settlements in the Gaza Strip and end the occupation of Gaza’s 1.3 million Arab residents. A man of the right, he abandoned the rightwing party that he helped found to create a centrist one, and to give Israel’s centrist majority a political home. A long-time opponent of a Palestinian state, he embraced the idea of such a state as part of President Bush’s Road Map.

The changes that Mr. Sharon has wrought are of historic proportions, enhancing Israel’s standing in the world and keeping alive Israel’s hope for peace. Deeply committed to keeping Israel strong, military and diplomatically, he has also maintained excellent relations with President Bush and the United States and has responded forcefully whenever Israel’s citizens have come under attack.

A master politician who is acutely attuned to the pulse of his people, Mr. Sharon has dominated Israeli politics like no Prime Minister since David Ben Gurion. No other Israeli leader possesses his daring, political skills, and credibility.

Israel is a strong and vibrant democracy, and its fate is not dependent on any one person; it will survive this transfer of power, as it has all others. Nonetheless, the Prime Minister’s illness and his likely withdrawal, at least temporarily, from public affairs, are a great blow to Israel’s political life. We offer our support to the people of Israel during this period of transition and uncertainty.

24. Hard Karl

Hard Karl New Member

3 September 2002
    WB05 Compound
    war for peace is like fu.cking for virginity.

one is brought about by the lack of the other not as a result of it.

as for sharon, never met him and I don't really pray so.....

25. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

2 Mai 1999
    so...why are you posting on this thread. I think the originator of the thread made its purpose quite clear. Go away.

Die Seite empfehlen