No United Matches on FSC?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by DrGuinness, Aug 24, 2006.

1. DrGuinness

DrGuinness Home & Abroad

Apr 8, 2005
    Greeley, CO
    I’m a Dish Network subscriber so the Setanta deal with the EPL has filled me with an incurable envy. According to Soccer TV, the following broadcasting rights for EPL in the US are as follows:

• Saturdays at 7:30am ET: Setanta Sports USA
    • Saturdays at 10am ET: Setanta Sports USA has the 1st and 3rd picks, FOX Soccer Channel has the 2nd and 4th picks
    • Saturdays at 12noon ET: FOX Soccer Channel
    • Sundays at 8:30am ET or 9am ET: Setanta Sports USA
    • Sundays at 11am ET: FOX Soccer Channel
    • Mondays at 3pm ET: FOX Soccer Channel
    • Tuesdays-Fridays: Setanta Sports USA has the 1st pick, FOX Soccer Channel has the 2nd pick

It’s hardly groundbreaking news at this point. I was checking out iTVN as a possible solution to my dilemma and I saw the following on the MUSCUSA site:

With the recent announcement that Setanta Sports will have exclusive rights to show more than 90 LIVE Premiership matches during the 2006/2007 season, including every United match and MUTV - USA supporters without DirecTV can still catch all the action with ITVN! Supporters can watch over your existing broadband connection to your TV without the need for a PC or DirecTV!

It would appear more and more that FSC won’t be broadcasting any United matches this season, especially seeing last weeks fixtures and this week. On “Fox Football Fone-In”, Nick and Steven were asked directly if the rumors were true and they flatly denied them. Still, one can’t help but wonder. Has anybody heard whether the Tottenham match will be shown?

2. 433tom

433tom New Member

Jun 16, 2006

I may be mistaken, but I believe you will see the Spurs and Arsenal matches on FSC in the coming weeks.

3. prymetyme

prymetyme Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Vallendar
    yes, you are correct. united vs. spurs and united vs. arsenal will be on fsc.

4. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    Setanta have first and 3rd dibs on Prem matches, while FSC have 2nd and 4th

5. 433tom

433tom New Member

Jun 16, 2006
    It depends on the time slot. Setanta does not get any games from some time slots.

6. DrGuinness

DrGuinness Home & Abroad

Apr 8, 2005
    Greeley, CO