Post-match: MLS Matchday 10 Crew @ Queso Manure FC Sunday 6/27 8:00 PM

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Big J 0526, Jun 20, 2021.

?

RESULT?

Poll closed Jun 27, 2021.
  1. Crew win by 2 or more aka Caleb Porter Master Class

46.2%
  2. Crew win by 1

20.0%
  3. Draw

4.6%
  4. Crew lose by 1

4.6%
  5. Crew lose by 2 or more: CB9000 Disaster Class. NOTE: only to be selected for superstitious reasons

4.6%
  6. "Anyone who picks to lose is a heretic and deserves death" Big J

4.6%
  7. I hate manure! - Crew score 4 or more goals and win by two or more - worth 3 points

15.4%
  1. Big J 0526

Big J 0526 Member+

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The most highly anticipated episode of the season! Our lovable band of heroes now go into the depths of the lands of E.V.I.L., now must face their former leaders in their own turf. The decay of this barren and toxic wasteland are felt by all. The plastic and inorganic nature of their followers, oblivious to the fact they are being used by the minions of E.V.I.L., surround our yellow wearing Crew.

But they can take heart knowing that millions of citizens are supporting them, through thick and thin, in good times and bad, for glory. For City. For Us. With that knowledge, and their Massive talents, surely now there is no way our heroes can lose?

zman31 and chr1st repped this.
  2. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't want to nitpick but there's no lose by 2 and i can't possibly vote for anything else in such an important match up.

3. Big J 0526

Big J 0526 Member+

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fcuk!!!!

* PLEASE CONSIDER THE BOTTOM OF THE WIN BY TWO OR MORE OPTIONS TO BE LOSE BY TWO OR MORE. NOT THAT ANY OF YOU WOULD EVER VOTE THAT WAY FOR THIS MATCH......

zman31 and LaMacchia repped this.
  4. Robbo Crewfan

Robbo Crewfan Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jan 21, 2007
    C-busite in Indiana
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    +1

If I could, I'd vote for this option:

"Crew win by 10, the Mayor of Austin gets stuck in stadium traffic and arrives to the game 30 minutes late & is caught on the broadcast muttering about making a huge mistake getting on board with this fiasco, Two Buttons orders & stadium staff serves spoiled / year-past-expiration-date queso (remember the brats @ CCS?), and at least one broccoli fan (sick from the queso) vomits directly onto Tiny PreZima while on camera."

catfish9, Pauncho, LastOfEleven and 7 others repped this.
  5. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Edited/fixed by your friendly neighborhood Stupidface.

6. chr1st

chr1st Member+

Jan 19, 2011
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ******** YOU

7. Crew Chuck35

Crew Chuck35 Member+

Apr 13, 2009
    Gahanna, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don’t we play Wednesday in Philly?!?

8. chr1st

chr1st Member+

Jan 19, 2011
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Crew Chuck35

Crew Chuck35 Member+

Apr 13, 2009
    Gahanna, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m concerned with players making it through this game healthy. Between people storming the field playing bongos, the field being a mess, and Precourt putting bounties on anything Black and Gold….I can easily see a disaster taking place.

chr1st repped this.
  10. Big J 0526

Big J 0526 Member+

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. TRUJDUB

TRUJDUB Member+

Nov 22, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    We need 3 points , get it done

12. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm glad guys are getting healthier. But am worried a bit about the minutes Zardes and Santos have had to log, especially Zardes. Having BWP as a backup striker is great, in theory. Not so much when he's hurt, and there's no other forward on the roster.

13. zman31

zman31 Member+

May 5, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm slightly less concerned with minutes since we started this 3 games in 8 days stretch after a 2 week break. My guess is Santos might get a rest this game if Milton is ok after the Philly game. Diaz and Kitchen might be able to go, giving Ettienne (who didn't really get that break) and Frasier a day off.

Zardes will have to gut it out. You would have thought that BWP would have started in Philly if he was healthy and we don't have anyone else.

Mensah has proven he can do it. Hoping we see Josh back in for Vito.

Anyway, would love to see us grind out 3 points and shut them out. 1-0 good guys.

14. Pauncho

Pauncho Member+

Mar 2, 1999
    Bexley, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some must-win games have to be won because of how the outcome affects your team's standing on the league table. This is the other kind.

It is not enough for the Crew to win. Austin must lose.

CBusAlex, KCbus, TKyle and 3 others repped this.
  15. Kryptonite

Kryptonite Fancy Title Here

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you're going to the viewing party at the stadium, arrive early. The Nordecke is doing a sale of merch from previous years. Scarves, shirts and all sorts of goodies. All Crew fans are invited. There's even tifo to be created.

FB_IMG_1624569745608.jpg

TRUJDUB and CybrSlydr repped this.
  16. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Vito's general "not good enough-ness" has given me an appreciation for Josh Williams.

At least social media got some stills of Vito looking angry and screaming into the camera for the Game of Thrones and cosplay community of Ohio.

YITBOS repped this.
  17. TRUJDUB

TRUJDUB Member+

Nov 22, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I believe Vito was coming off injury when we got him correct me if I’m wrong. I remember saying it did not look like a great move to bring him in at his age returning from injury. While his experience at a high level in Europe and leadership sounded like a great thing to add it came at a risk. I did think he would be the captain everyone had great things to say about him but he just can’t stay healthy. I would look to unload him and add a new CB in this window as priority #1 and push the RB need to find our Afful replacement to #2

i also think getting another back up striker would be #3 on the list

18. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm a few fingers of bourbon in and I just want to reiterate - for the record - that I really want to beat Austin at Q2 by like 9 goals and I hope that Caleb and the boys feel the same but I'm also very discouraged by the fact that Caleb has one exactly one (1) road match since taking over The Crew and that makes me sad.

I don't give a sh*t about Austin but fu*k Anthony Precourt and Clark Beacom and Avin Assomull and all of the rest.

Sunday is going to suck.

TyphonInc, YITBOS and CybrSlydr repped this.
  19. YITBOS

YITBOS Member+

Jul 2, 2001
    1.3 hours from CCS
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shit's broke when Pedro out-toughs the tough guy.

20. ColumbusFTW

ColumbusFTW Member+

Jul 18, 2018
    I just got out of the Save the Crew documentary premiere at the Gateway. Between the previously-unseen footage of Precourt and the shit that the Hipster 6 said about Columbus, winning by 9 goals won't be enough.

21. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Take no prisoners.

22. chr1st

chr1st Member+

Jan 19, 2011
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #22 chr1st, Jun 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
    I just can't give one shit about Austin. Sure, Precourt is the lowest form of life. Yes, some of their fans wished our demise. Guess what? We're still ********ing here and we're winning ********ing trophies.

They're nothing. They've done nothing. They aren't worth one thought. Who ********ing cares if we win by one or 100? They do not matter and smashing them to bits won't change a ********ing thing.

Putting any emotion into this match like it means anything? What a waste. These ********ers are just roadkill on the highway to MLS Cup. Quit pretending anything about this game matters beyond the three points.

No one is going to remember who scored the first goal or won the first match at their shitty stadium. It's going to be just another random factoid that some color commentator drops every few years. All we're going to remember is when we won MLS* Cup in 2020 and 2021.

Get a goddamn grip.

EDIT:
    I originally put "the Cup" which could easily be misconstrued as a reference to the best competition in the soccering world: The Lamar Hunt US Open Cup. I apologize for potentially conflating the two competitions.

23. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh ok thanks.

24. chr1st

chr1st Member+

Jan 19, 2011
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you think Precourt is going to live or die by this match? Do you think he gives one damn about the scoreline?

He got his win! He has a team in Austin. He is still rich. This game means nothing to him. He's not spending any mental capital on it. Why are you?

EDIT:
    Some of y'all out here acting like we can hurt his feelings by flying banners or winning big. Like, no. He doesn't care.

hangthadj repped this.
  25. chr1st

chr1st Member+

Jan 19, 2011
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #25 chr1st, Jun 25, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
    Okay, so.

I understand why this game and gratuitous goals are important to you and many others. I get it. And I shouldn't poo-poo you for that. We all support this club in our own ways and we all have our own opinions. That's cool. I can't tell you the right way to be a Crew fan. I apologize for being overzealous in my response.

If womping these fools gives you peace of mind or makes your week, fantastic. I'm happy for you.