Ivan Kaviedes news & comments

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by Wile Coyote, Feb 6, 2006.

1. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    Re: Jaime Ivan Kaviedes Rumors and News

"OUCH",K-freak!:eek:

2. afa10fef

afa10fef Member

Aug 13, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

couldn't agree with u more....

3. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

that's cool, you guys can think frog face is better then Kaviedes, i am just sitting here and laughing at how stupid it looks reading that.:D

4. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel

for me, its just a matter of personal taste, nothing against Kaviedes

5. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005

I have nothing against Kaviedes either... but when it comes to being a team player, Lara is the better man... Kaviedes is being marginalized by Argentina Jr. and other teams like Emelec don't even want him... He's out of luck...

I think Suarez will call Kaviedes up... but he will not be a starter...
    He will most likely ride off the bench ... I also think if Kaviedes keeps showing poor judgement he'll be marginalized for the WC...

We shall see..

6. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!

I don't think Lara is better than Kaviedes, no way.Without a doubt Kaviedes has the better talent but this is a team sport.And K-man is not being a team player right know.I think if K-man would have got his sh!t together and had grown up,he could have been one of the ELITE ecua ballers such as Spencer,Alex,Chanfle Munoz,Ivan Hurtado,etc,etc.However he has a chance to redeem himself at the WC.

7. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005

Even though I disagree with you 100%, at least you keep it as an opinion and nothing more. I think it's a graet thingk that we are going back and forth with our perspectives and this can only motivate us to bring constructive and in depth argumnets. We keep it intelligent and I speak for the majority of us.

taking cheap shots does not say anything much less proove anything i.e "frog face, Monkey" or my favorite,l "Mono."

Again, I suggest a poll but E Freak does not agree for in his opinion, we are "biased" for giving props to Lara.

People, excersise your rigth to vote.

8. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

loraz, i think you are the only one here who actually thinks Lara ha smore talent then Kaviedes, which shows how much you know about our team.
    atleast yoyri, not a fan of Kaviedes, gave his unbiased opinion that Kaviedes has more talent the Lara.
    and you don't need my permission to start a poll. if it makes you happy, go for it. i won't give "props" to underachievers. Lara's position is very competetive, and he has under performed since that game against Argentina. once Salas returns, he may not see much minutes, but then again, we all know how much of a "genious" Suarez is... :rolleyes:

9. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil

Argentinos won, but noone even knows where Kaviedes is.
    With no chance of signing with an Ecua team, it seams this guy is done, his last hopes to get in shape for the WC is finished.

http://www.futbolecuador.com/noticia18917.html

10. kaviedes_freak

kaviedes_freak New Member

Oct 1, 2004
    Toronto

this guy? whoa dude lose your additude. i know deep down u want him on the team. :D he'll be fit. he is training with his team atleast.

11. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

put a fork in him, he's done. the reality is he squandered his career as a footballer exercising poor judgements by coming to conclusions that its okay to not show up to summer training sessions and hop over to France without anyone's knowing, or getting booted off the team last year or the year before that for indisciplina (in his own country!!!!!!!) all this guy cares about is making money, and the way he is going he wont be around for that much longer to make it because he does whatever the hell he wants, he is no pele, no maradona, no becks, or ronaldo to even think about being a renegade player. even the greats showed up to their duties as stipulated under contract. as an ecuadorian, i feel personally insulted because he gives our players bad reps abroad because of his actions, we lose credibility everytime he messes up. he is too in love with himself to think about the team, when LFS put him in the game against paraguay last year he would get the ball taken from his feet like if he was some low rated sub-13 player. worst thing of all is that he never even tried to redeem himself by trying to get the ball back, he would stand in the middle of the field flat footed with a finger in his azz watching the ball move up field, the crowd was jeering his arrogance or lack of motivation (w/e you call it) and they had good reason to because he represents OUR COUNTRY! he is not a good figure to look up to for his many disappointments. while lara does not have as much natural talent as kaviedes, he does show great speed, excellent foresight of the game, and plays as a puzzle piece in a larger scheme rather than being a flat footed toy soldier. lara is also a player that younger players can look up to showing a great example of where hard work and tenacity can bring you, his humility is incredible. read his fifaworldup interview. fact is that kaviedes's time was 2002 and all the years prior to that when he meant something to alot of people, now he is washed up and cant even find work. the job he has he cant manage to be consistent with. fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, fool me a third time? no, it wont happen again. i know i share an unpopular opinion on this topic but i feel that lara is more of an asset to the team than kaviedes
    lara > kaviedes

12. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005

How the heck you make a poll? I know this is a dumb questiong but it is an authentic one LOL.

How can I explaing myself…ok….
    again you use the word "Biased"
    Is this an April Fools joke? I think My poll will be this; How many people think EcuabolfutbolFreak use of the term "Biased" is the Irony of this generation?

I mean do you even read all of our threads? Of course not because if you did, you would have understood how biased I am by preferring Carlos Tenorio over Lara to be Tin"s partner in the " Who should be El Tin's Striking Partner?" poll.
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=331532
    And unlike Yoryi, (which you meticulously pointed out that he is not a Kaviedes fan to justify your claim that he is “unbiased”), I too am a Kaviedes fan; not as much as before but nevertheless, I am fan - but because I do not agree with you, of course you do not point that out.

I'm not as fond of Kaviedes as I was before which deserves merit because of his lack of unprofessionalism. If you have read our threads (this very one as a matter of fact), you have understood how "biased I truly am", when I adamantly tried to defend Kaviedes by attempting to prevent further speculations on Kaviedes profesionalism.
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=309811&page=4
    I asked people to bring any evidence to validate kaviedes status claims. What happened? I'll tell you what happened. We got links which supported the claims of our members.
    The result = Kaviedes screwed up.What did you bring to this topic in his defense ? ..........
    ....Nada!

Can you say anything good in Kaviedes' behalf? Can you show me any thing that proves that Kaviedes is mentally and physically ready to be on our NT or any other leagues? Can you? What has he done lately to further secure his career in futbol? ohhhhh this is good,....you also claim that I don't know my Ecuador Futbol because of the simple fact that I say Lara is better than Kaviedes.

Is this your evidence?

I never claimed that I know everything of Ecuador Futbol and you will never hear me say that. However, I do my job . I do my research, I try to follow every game that the east coast can provide for me. I buy many imported periodicals and newspapers to follow up on my beloved NT.

Heck, even Zeelik (bigsoccer member) can back me up. With the help of Zeelik. It was me who found the Ecuador and Paraguay torrent that enabled my Ecuadogs to download and enjoy. Last but not least, working in a library, I am relentlessly working on bringing Ecuadorian periodicals to the library to further expand resources for my Ecuadorian Compadres. I do my Job as a True Fan like you and the rest.

You also said that Lara has underperformed since Argentina yet commentators love him. Did you even see River Plate..no excuse me, I meant to say Rip-off Plate against El Nacional? Did you hear the commentator regarding Lara as the star player? The two commentators were arguing who is the better player and here you are telling me that Lara has underperformed since Argentina. So you are telling me that you know more than these commentators because if you do, you should get a job there. I’m sure they’ll appreciate your “unbiased” comments.

The fact is,
    It is you who is biased….
    and I think I have made my point clear more than enough.

I’m not insulting you and I’m not disrespecting you. I’m just calling it as I see it. This is what you may call a “constructive Argument”

If you are going to make a claim like the above post you’ve made, make sure you have at least something in your inventory to back your word up. None of this Frog face, monkey comments - this simply does not hold weight.

I love My Ecuadorian NT. My love is deep. What is love but simply the act of making things grow. If we have players who are amazing that are sacrificing and persevering for our NT, if these players are working hard for the spot, then they have earned it in my book.

They are growing and Kaviedes is not. ;)

p.s. and I'm not the only one who thinks Lara is better than Kaviedes so don't get your story twisted.

13. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!

There is no need to cry man:p Be careful you catch a heart attack,no te emociones mucho loco.So basically,what you are trying to say is that Lara has better talent than K-man JUST because he does everything a profesional athlete is supposed to do.:confused: Yes Kaviedes is NOT looking like NT material right now,Lara is.I take nothing away from "El Diablito" he is a very special player and will most def be in Germany.But what would be of Kaviedes if he had done everything right,everything that is expected of a profesional soccer player.If he had not been f!cking himself over and over.There would have been non of this petty argument of whom is the better baller,because Kaviedes would WIN hands down.Unfortunately this is not the case,Lara deserves to be in the NT and Kaviedes does not.And not just because someone DESERVES a spot in the team means that that person is better than another baller,for example-Armando Paredes, many people say he should be in the NT instead of Luis Saritama,but Saritama DESERVES to be in the NT cause he is a profesional,but that does not make him a better player than Armando Relajo.Here's another example,many want La Metralla Caicedo to be Tins partner or at least to be called up to Germany,but many others want Mina because he DESERVES to be in the NT,and again buddy that doesn't mean he's better than Caicedo.Look at the azzholes that were called up to the last game against Japan,most of you were like yeah,yeah,I like those guys we gonna win(Figueroa,Baldeon etc,etc),What they do against Japan,,,,,,SH*T.And believe me bro there are better players in the second division than those lowlifes.The main point here is that YES,AT THIS TIME LARA IS having a better moment in his career than Kaviedes and DESRVES to be in Germany,but it doesn't mean Lara is better talented than Nine.

14. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

excellent post, i could live with that, but ofcourse i would take Kaviedes over Lara any day, even if he doesn't "deserve" it.

15. f_e_f 4life

f_e_f 4life New Member

Nov 10, 2005

accordin 2 a article i read in futbolecuador.com...kaviedez will get another "change" at the team...n no1 noes how he'll behave

16. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005

LOL don't ge me wrong, I just wanted to articulate. Forgive me for being passionate! Forgive me for defending myself. I like a good strong argument. I come from the philosophy of "know one knows Shaaeet". If anyone can prove me wrong, my head bows down to them; plain and simple. It's a debate and only a debate, and this is my point of view.

that said,

Yori, I agree with you. I agree with you 100%...no 87% lol. (TAlent wise between Kaviedes and Lara seems equal but i will elaborate more at the bottom of this post.) but this is what I was saying all along. If Kaviedes had his Shaaeet together, there would not be any argument whatsoever. Lara had two bad games but count how many good games he had. Anyone in this forum knows that. It's this bashing thing that I wanted to point out. Where is the constructive argumet behind it? Where is the constructive argument by calling one of our boys "Mono" which you and I both know it is a racist term. no red card was given. YOu see what I'm saying? How about the arrogant claim that "most of us" not just me " are biased"and that becuase of this, we will pick Lara over Kaviedes. How abusrd is that? Like is sadi before, I call it as I see it.

I want to hear a good argument for his/hers benifit and mine plain and simple; not this petty, immature cheap shots that we all have been reading.

p.s. maybe i need to be a bit clear and for the record, (this is as unbiased that anyone can possibly be as far as I see)

Kaviedes may have, May have better skill over Lara.

The question is, who out of these two are working hard to improve? We all know that we improve with time if and only if we apply to this goal. I think itis safe to say that this is Lara's agenda.

As far as Saritama, Paredes, "La Metralla", Valencia, Mina, Benitez...you name it, well lets just save that for another thread cuz we can go on for ever.

17. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!

I understand where you are coming from and it seems to me that many people in this forum like certain players better than others.But we have to throw that favortism in the garbage and think of whats best for our NT.By this time, you and everybody in this forum must know that I am VERY critical of our futbol and our players and that I really don't like all the selecionados but I have to deal with it.Even if they are not my favs I see that they are trying and are doing a pretty decent job for la tri and we have to support them.And yes Lara is moving up that latter to where Kaviedes was.And for the record I may call our ballers lowlifes,piece's of sh!t,useless,etc,etc,but I have never called any of our ballers MONO,INDIO,SERRANO,whatever.You can never say I bash players cause I usually speak the truth about them,Like I said before,,,I may be a thug,but I'm no racist.:cool:

18. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

kaviedes will not make it as a forward because tin, salas, tenorio and prolly borja or mina will take his spot. in the midfield he also has little chance of succession as many of the other younger players have probably taken his spot.

19. kaviedes_freak

Oct 1, 2004
    Toronto
  20. kaviedes_freak

Oct 1, 2004
    Toronto
  21. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005

YOu know that a good coach manages to make every player happy and also most importanlty, bring out the best in them. It's much like a good film director keeping every actor satisfied and bring out the best performance in him/her.

Sometimes coaches forget that they are dealing with human beings and just "skilled" players.

Who knows, maybe Nine is a sensitve character.

I hope we see good results.

22. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil

so kaviedes is now laying to their team? brilliant, just when u thought he couldnt sink any lower.

23. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005

"laying: I'm sorry Ladic, I'm not follwing. CAn you explaing that to me please?:confused:

24. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

who cares what you think, as long as Kaviedes gets more play time, he can help represent Ecuador, better then the frog face.

25. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil

Kaviedes told Arg Jrs staff that he had gone to Ecuador because he went with the Tri To play in Japan.
    WHen in reality he came to Ecuador to find a team (emelec) who turned him down.
    If he had told the people from Arg Jrs this, they probably would of booted him of the team.
    So he lied.