Gerrard's negotiations with Liverpool stalled!!!

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Real Madrid rocks!, Jul 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Real Madrid rocks!

Jun 28, 2005
    Hey guys, I just watched on Sky Sports that Gerrard's negotiations with Liverpool are going nowhere. That might help are chances of hiring him. I believe his a better signing than Robinho now. Gerrard is ready to play now whereas Robinho is still wet behind the ears and you know what happens when a South America based player spends his first season in Europe....

We should know soon as the Champions League season starts in about a week and Gerrard can't be cup tied.

2. 10_Ronaldinho_10

10_Ronaldinho_10 New Member

Dec 4, 2004
    Isla Macacos
    Don't get your hopes up, it's not gonna be easy.

3. MrMan

MrMan New Member

May 20, 2005
    Much rather Robinho than Gerrard.

Gerrard is a good player, but we have all these english players now.. hell, more english players signed for the first team than spanish!

Where is the "Madrid" in real madrid, going..

4. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just like Owen last year.

6. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Chelsea make British record bid for Gerrard-reports

LONDON, July 5 (Reuters) - Chelsea have made a British record 32 million pounds ($56.28 million) bid for Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard, British newspapers reported on Tuesday.

link

7. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    The odds makers have Chelsea as favorites.

Owen better do something about that :)

8. galacticos

galacticos Red Card

Jul 4, 2005
    too early to tell. i doubt it whether gerrard will leave liverpool

9. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, tell Gerrad not to come.... "they made me a sub even through I kept scoring goals and I am for sale too...." :)

10. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  11. Zoltar60

Zoltar60 New Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Latest news taken from Liverpool's website:

"The club has made it crystal clear we want to keep Steven at Anfield. Sadly, he has told us this afternoon that he will not accept our offer of an improved and extended contract because he wants to leave Liverpool. We very much regret the decision he has taken."

12. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    That really is a big shock. Madrid and Chelsea will be battling it out for him, hopefully he will choose to link up with Owen and Beckham.

13. LFCfan

LFCfan New Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Steven Gerrard has officially handed in a transfer request to the club.

Its inevitably come as a disappointment for all reds but we will simply look forward and aim to improve using the financial compensation we receive for any transfer of the player and in Benitez we trust.

Despite what it may look like outside of the club, the club is bigger than Steven Gerrard and in our minds Rafael Benitez is more of an important factor than Gerrard and he will rebuild well.

I just wish he doesn't go to Chelsea and moves to Either Real or Barca. The only clubs Gerrard will sign for are Chelsea, Arsenal, Barca and Madrid but Madrid and Chelsea are the only ones who can realistically afford him.

You guys just make sure you don't offer us that spanner Walter Samuel because if you do, we will slap you and sell him to Chelsea. Wouldn't mind Gutierrez and Juanfran, though.

14. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, Benitez has really put the screws to RM in the last couple of deals. I say it time to repay the favor. Perhaps RM have an edge in the fact that Chelsea will not want to give all that money to Liverpool, & Liverpool probably doesn't want to strengthen an EPL rival.

And who drops out of the starting line-up for Gerrard?

15. LFCfan

LFCfan New Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Cheslea don't have a problem giving money to Liverpool. We turned down an OFFICIAL 32m pound bid this morning and i can guarantee you they will come back with a bigger bid tomorrow.

I think he will go to Real and its not my problem what you do with him. I just hope your manager isn't so stupid as to turn him into a defensive midfielder for the good of your own team.

We are on the look out for a right sided playmaker so hopefully we ca get some kind of player plus cash deal with Juanfran coming to us as Rafa wanted to get him last summer but you guys screwed us with Nunez.

16. Zoltar60

Zoltar60 New Member

Jul 5, 2005
    I reckon we've got a good chance of getting him. Liverpool would surely prefer to sell him to a club abroad rather than a Premiership rival.

The only trouble is that Chelsea have endless amounts of cash. If it becomes a bidding war, then I can only see Chelsea winning his signature.

17. LFCfan

LFCfan New Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Chelsea won't take part in a bidding war. Chelsea's interest is a result of Peter Kenyon and Avramovic, if a war ensues, Mourinho will advise them not to bid over the odds.

Gerrard has said in the past that he wouldn't want to play against Liverpool for another premier league side, so i hope he honours that and signs for either Real or Barca (if they have to courage to spend so much money).

18. My only worry is the bidding war that is sure to ensue between us and Chelsea. Prudence is the abiding word in matters FINANCE and we can never afford to over-pay anymore as we did with Samuel and Woodgate.....among others.Granted Gerrard is very good quality but are we saying that we need to break the bank to get him? Essien would certainly have been a more prudent buy and in my opinion he can do anything that StevieG can...EU issues notwithstanding.Mascherano?By the way the bidding war looks to start at £32 million...and this is not the way I'd go....

19. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    He also said he wouldn't leave Liverpool

Since we don't have to worry about our non-EU maximum, Mascherano and Essien would be cheaper options than Gerrard seeing as that already big Chelsea bid has been rejected. If the price gets much higher, we could probably buy both players for the same amount.

I don't like it at all where this is going, where we'll probably end up paying an inmense amount for this player, if we do get him.

20. LFCfan

LFCfan New Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Gerrard handing in a transfer request, i think, is as a result of something already happening with Real Madrid trying to take him over to Spain. Is it just a coincidence that hours after Sky report that Real would want Steven to make an official transfer request, that news comes from Afield that he has done exactly that.

21. KopThat!

KopThat! Red Card

Aug 16, 2004
    Isle of Wight, UK
    Come on Real, give us all your lovely money. £40 million should just about do it. After all, you screwed us on Owen and got Macca on a freebie. You owe us big time.

As for Gerrard, piss off. Better players than him have left LFC and none have furthered their careers.

22. 10_Ronaldinho_10

10_Ronaldinho_10 New Member

Dec 4, 2004
    Isla Macacos
    One thing: What happened to the agreement that Florentino and Abramovich had? Remember? About not chasing the same players? Well, if this is true, and Chelsea have already made a new bid, that leaves us out of the way, doesn't it?

23. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Hehe, nice one, Oscar! :D
    Mascherano has an italian passport by the way... Essien only has a ghanian as far as I know...?

24. Real Madrid rocks!

Jun 28, 2005

We need the best players. It doesn't matter where they're from. Let's welcome everybody into the team as long as they're good and willing to give 110%