Real MUST buy StevieG!!

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by gazzad_5, Nov 28, 2004.

1. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    This guy is worldclass. he ran the game today against arsenal, despite being out injured for ages.
    Today he played mainly in the OM, behind the strikers, but normally he is a DM/CM/OM all in one, just today liverpool have no strikers so he is forced to help out!
    He would be the best player real could sign right now, his drive is what real need, not another player with fancy tricks!
    He will cover more blades of grass than anybody else in a match guarenteed, that is what real need.
    If Real choose not to sign him they will regret it big time in a year or two.
    in my opinion he will leave in jan or at the end of the season, if he goes to chelsea or another big club he will only improve, and real will wonder what could have been
    perez is a fan, and has hinted it before
    personally i would like to him to stay at liverpool, but as he is likely to leave anyway, it might aswel be real!

2. Tarka

Tarka New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Maryland, US
    a Chelsea vs Madrid showdown for Gerrard, will definately bring a ton of money for Liverpool ;)

3. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    That's assuming they sell - if you were Liverpool and have a central midfield pairing of Alonso and Gerrard why would you sell????? It looks like Liverpool will soon benefit from a cash input to the club to fund new player purchases etc so I can't see it happening.

And again, if he was to leave Liverpool I cannot see him going any further than Chelsea.

4. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston
    While the Alonso-Gerrard CM partnership could obviously develop into an awesome partnership (they could even revolutionize the 4-4-2; two CMs that both can attack and defend very well), I think L'Pool might be happy with XAlonso and Dietmar Hamman, and anther top-class striker and midfielder with the cash from a Gerrard sale. If Real offered L'Pool as much as Chelsea, I have to think L'Pool would rather sell to Real, as then they wouldn't have to play against Gerrard. Unless Gerrard wants to stay in England...

5. Johnlong

Johnlong New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Gerrard is easily the best ALL ROUND midfielder in Europe IMO,sure Ronaldinho and afew others like Nedved are class going Forward but so is Gerrard and he can go back too and tackle and he works for the whole 90 Minutes covering the pitch and scores and assists and takes corners.He is the complete player almost imo and thats why Chelsea offerd £35 Million in the summer.Lucky for Liverpool Gerrard changed his mind at last minute.Gerrard will win World player of the year in the next Few years and it is no wonder that the likes of Barcelona,Real Madrid,Ac Milan,Inter,Arsenal,Man Utd,Chelsea want because with this guy in your team you will win the Champs league imo_Only 24 too.Amazing !

6. Tarka

Tarka New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Maryland, US
    Either team he goes to theres great combination for him, with Lampard- Gerrard playing CM at Chelsea. Or him going to RM seeing that Owen gets more playtime then coming in after 60 minutes. Gerrard knows his runs inside out, and it could be something great to bring to RM.

7. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    and you win either way...

8. anirbanblah

anirbanblah New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    India
    I saw the game and it was an incredibly dominant performance by Gerrard who I believe is England's best player. But no way we will beat Chelsea in a bidding war though I wonder why they need Gerrard when they have Lampard who plays similarly.

9. KopThat!

KopThat! Red Card

Aug 16, 2004
    Isle of Wight, UK
    Gerrard is going nowhere. He would have done so during the summerif he was going. He didn't. He doesn't want to leave Anfield. Chelsea aren't guaranteed success. They've won nothing yet. Liverpool always will be a bigger and greater club than some moneybags Russian outfit. Why swap the Anfield atmosphere for placid London when you're a former Kopite yourself? That counts for a hell of a lot and that's the reason why he didn't leave before. He's here to stay.

He wants to win with LIVERPOOL and he knows that Benitez will eventually get there. Gerrard is still young. He'd also be mad to move to Real Madrid with their fickle fans. One minute they love you then the next they hate you. At Anfield he is worshipped all the time by our loyal supporters. Why change all that? Why?

Still, if Real Madrid or Chelsea offer the Reds £50 million (we won't accept any less) then we can talk. :D

10. KopThat!

KopThat! Red Card

Aug 16, 2004
    Isle of Wight, UK
    Geez, where is your possitivity? Who says he's going anywhere? Don't believe all this press talk. 99% of it is made up. Gerrard has said nothing. Benitez and the supporters will not let him go even if he wanted to which is very doubtful. He's seen how Owen was treated at Real. I don't think he wants all that crap.

11. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    If Chelsea is in the "auction", Gerard will play with Chelsea the next year. We can't compite with chelsea/Abramovich to sign players, at least that we want to be in bankruptcy in few time.

We only could compite to sign Gerard, if he decide (like decided Viera the last summer) that he doesn't want to play with Chelsea.

Chelsea has detroyed the players market the last summers, they are the a dream come true to every player agent or seller club, They simply play out of market. You can compite against a club that has wasted around 200-250 Millions Euros in players in the last two years. Any club in the world (even the most healthy) can generate enough money to maintain that expenses.

I think that Gerard is one of favourite players of Florentino (mainly because his name has appeared a lot of time in As and Marca) probably filtrate deliberately by RM, but it is a imposible dream if Chelsea is there.

And Gerard would have a place in RM. Owen signed with Ronaldo, Raul or Morientes in RM. Gerard would sign with Celades, Borja, Guti, Helguera or Beckham, (Beckham and Guti are players "retrained" as DM, Helguera has played as CB a great part of the games in RM and Spain in the last years and he need a adaptation proccess (maybe infinite) to play again in midfield, Celades is a good Midfield, good for a long season, but anything extraordinary and Borja limited Midfielder injured the last 6 months).

12. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    if this guy wanted to go to chelsea he would have done already, last summer! if he wanted to go to real....well we dont know yet do we because they havnt tried!

owen says gerrard is facinated by his move to real and is always asking q's

Gerrard is a known keen admirer of la liga, particularly real and zizou, this came apparant in th run up to the euro2004 when he was playing against his favourite player, he also said if he could choose anybody to join LFC it would be zizou
    there is no doubt he likes real especially with 2 friends there now, and woody who he also knows
    he also says he has been in contact with macca who is only positive about his spanish experience

it is hard to tell either way, but i do not belive he is going to be at liverpool much longer, the guy is desparite for success, you can see that in his play, and in his press conferences, and liverpool isnt the club where he will achieve this! after the arsenal match he was asked whether liverpool would make the top 4, and he said ''we dont wan top for, we want more than that''
    also in midweek he said this, but more individually, saying he will not be happy with 4th, adding to speculation.
    if he loves liverpool as much as he claims then if he decides to leave he will not stab them in the back with a move in the EPL
    a january move is very unlikely as he is cup-tied for CL but at the end of the season, after another poor liverpool showing? we'll see......

13. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    it is not the 80's anymore unfortunately, player power is the key.
    if liverpool dont want to sell him its tough ******** on them.
    if a player is slightly unhappy there is no point in having them at the club, look at owen
    the harsh reality is that clubs are not in the position to block transfers, when a big club like chelsea or real come knocking its down to the player.
    it was the same in the summer, chelsea wanted gerrard, liverpool had to let gerrard talk to them, fortunately he decided not to go, for this season at least!

i also agree with one of the other posters, if real, chelsea, arsenal, barca etc have gerrard they will win CL

14. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    As long as Liverpool are competitive, he stays. He's been a Red all his life, and wants nothing more than to win trophies with the team he supports. I know that must seem crazy to Real Madrid fans, but that does mean something. That said, he's not gonna waste away on a sixth place team forever, so we have to start winning things pretty f'ing quickly.

15. TeddyBear

TeddyBear New Member

Apr 4, 2004
    Bonnie Scotland
    Gerrard is not what Madrid need imo. He is the best central midfielder in europe, but i think if he signed for RM he would just be expected to hang back and not go forward, a big part of his game is going forward and I don't think he'd be happy to do that. Real Madrid need an Emerson type player who is soley for defensive duties.

16. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    after today i feel Gerrard is exactly what real need!
    we need more life, more drive and unfortunately real havent got one player who is offerring this at the moment!

Joaquin would also bring this!

my 2 signings for jan would be Stevie and Joaquin

alltho stevie would be cup-tied for CL

17. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gerrard isn't close to Ronaldinho in technical ability or athletic ability. Such comparisons are ludicrous.

18. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    agreed, but why say this??
    everybody knows that they are 2 different players, but it is a gerrard we need, not a dinho!

19. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    They play in different positions, I'm sure Gerrard can do things Ronaldinho can't.

20. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    like help france equalize? :p

21. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Liverpool keep saying Gerrard is not for sale & they sound believable. And if a massive amount of money would spring him loose, that would be Chelsea's cue. So you are looking at a summer signing, if anything at all.

22. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i agree. no way he goes before summer. he really loves the club and i think wants to give them a chance to be a big time club.

23. LFCfan

LFCfan New Member

Dec 19, 2004
    If Real do sign StevieG it would be a real coup but i can't see Chelsea allowing it. Even if Jose Mourinho insists he can do without Gerrard, Roman Abramovich and Peter Kenyon (scum :mad: ) is a huge admirer and has been know for signing players that the manager doesn't quite want.

Gerrard isn't that naive as well, he knows that Chelsea is a better team that Real and knows they'd be a quick fix for medals in the future. But i hope he can acheive all he wants to at LFC because i wouln't want to lose the best all-round midfielder in the world altho Xabi isn't very far off him.