EURO 2020 - Team Sheet and Tactics

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Orange14, Nov 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Owen Wijndal... time to shine, baby!!!

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/article/owen-wijndal-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics

Here's a balanced in-depth analysis on him. His attacking tools (passing, crossing, link-ups) are quite developed for his age. His defense needs polishing, as does any other 20-year defender. He seems to have the right attitude and coach-able young kid, so I am quite optimistic in 2-3 years time he will be the long-term answer to Oranje's LB problem.

wilson00 repped this.
  2. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Intresting comments. This remains of unknown Buttner at that time whom Man United signed some years ago. He was also young defender in making until van gaal arrived at old Trafford. The reason why there Is no depth at LB in NT is because of Van gaal and danny blind. Its a pity and shame that buttner never received the same preference as what van gaal gave it to Depay and Daley whom both flopped at united.

3. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
  4. :DYou couldnot resist it, did you?

5. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Lol... wasted no time, the moment your posting was up - I was on it!!

6. And the first shots have been fired.

https://www.reuters.com/article/hea...uefa-executive-committee-member-idUSL4N2CI1O7
    Soccer-Virus can affect calendar for years: UEFA executive committee member

April 30 (Reuters) - The COVID-19 crisis could hit soccer’s international calendar for “two to three years” and potentially affect the 2022 World Cup in Qatar, Lars-Christer Olsson, an executive committee member of European soccer’s governing body UEFA has said.

The novel coronavirus, which has infected over 3.13 million people globally causing more than 218,000 deaths, has wreaked havoc on the soccer schedule with Euro 2020 postponed to 2021 and national leagues and continental club competitions on hold.

The Qatar World Cup is set to take place from Nov. 21-Dec. 18, 2022 and Olsson said it was a case of “wait and see” if the quadrennial event would be hit.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/s...ts-football-faces-three-years-disruption.html
    Now coronavirus could hit the World Cup: UEFA chief admits football faces 'two or three years' of disruptions... with the Qatar tournament in December 2022 at risk
    • Coronavirus has brought football to a halt across the world in recent months
    • UEFA chief believes international game could be affected for 'two or three years'
    • That means the 2022 World Cup in Qatar could be at risk due to the pandemic

7. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Corona as a blessing for the national team.

Imagine the euros starting over a month. Your attackers are kaputt and the national team coach in the hospital.

;)

8. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  9. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
  10. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
    I just wonder if people are interested in one more threads where you can share either the favourite or the best Netherlands match or the best Club (Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord, AZ or perhaps extend to include Barcelona, Milan, Liverpool match that include Netherlands player). If there are perhaps admin can create those threads. Perhaps some are watching old matches like I do.

11. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Ajax have their own YouTube channel and you can find a lot of Ajax matches there.

12. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  13. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
  14. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  15. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Netherlands would have been the favorites to win it all had EURO started today

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  16. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Even though I appreciate what you have to say.........but no!!!
    France would still be favourite.
    Especially with Mbappe running the flanks

17. Second favourite would be Belgium. Last chance for the golden generation together.

18. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    #144 wilson00, Jun 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    Portgual. They would have continued with the same squad from the NL. A well balanced team with all the ingredients to win.

19. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    If COVID-19 didn't happen then Netherlands would probably be playing today or tomorrow if EURO got started

20. Please don't do this kind of postings here that isnot informative or nice to know.

21. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    However, seeing Netherlands with their group draw of Ukraine, Austria and the playoff path winner who could be from Path A or Path D well judging from the playoff allocation that I'm looking at, Netherlands could end up with Iceland, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Georgia, Belarus, Kosovo or North Macedonia. But I have to ask all you Dutch fans, out of all those playoff teams who would you want in the group with you guys, Ukraine and Austria?

22. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I think you are underestimating other teams here. Ukraine topped their group undefeated that had portgual and serbia with them. they certainly wouldn't have been a walk over team for sure. Euros are known to be tougher than the world cup so you cant just tick the boxes on paper like that .Same goes for Austria, whom most of their squad players are playing in bundasliga including, RB Leipzig,Hoffenhiem , leverkusan contingent, alaba (Bayern) and others like Alessandro Schöpf (schalke). so again, this would have become a very competitive group if you throw in iceland there as well.

23. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    I think Iceland qualify again and they end up in the group with Netherlands, Austria and Ukraine

24. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    being said this, alot will change now come 2021 with everybody available.