ESC: Metro Home Playoff Game- The Empire Strikes Back

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Empire Supporters Club, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Empire Supporters Club

Feb 7, 2000
    NYC
    "We, the members of the Empire Supporters Club, hereby vow to stand and deliver unwavering support and a unified voice, vigilant in belief that our Metro Boys will fight to the final whistle and ever honor their red and black army."

Those are the words of the ESC Declaration of Support.

We need your help to turn this weekend, this playoff run, into a passionate display of our love for this team. To turn the words above into a demonstration of our support for the players fighting for our team. To payback 9 years of DC hatred, with INTEREST.

It is clear, the most important game of the Bradley era is upon us. You know the enemy, and the history of the Metrostars- DC United rivalry.

The season is on the line and the red and black army needs to be in full voice. Saturday will be a watershed game for the ESC. We are gathering in Lot 16A starting at 3pm. We urge you to arrive early and help sign the Declaration of Support you see above. We have commissioned an 11x17 inch, professionally drawn document to be signed by all supporter's club members in attendance. It will then be framed and presented to the team at an ESC event in November. This is our chance to show the Metro Boys that we forever support the lads that wear the shirt… IN WRITING!

We need to pack the section, and to show this team what we are all about. Simply stated, there is a challenge before us to put our passionate support to the test, and to make a statement in front of these players. We are the Metro Army. Let's go out there and win the battle.

Bring your friends, family, strangers, whoever. Section 101 must be rocking for our team.

If you have any questions, please send an e-mail to empiresc@verizon.net.

Also, please see the bus trip thread for additional details, but this Saturday we will also be selling spots on the playoff bus to RFK for the return leg of the conference semifinal, Sat. Oct 30TH. Tickets will be $ 40 for early bird purchase BEFORE 7pm Sat. (After the game the price is $55, so don’t sleep). For those who weren't among the few that made it down to DC for the last away playoff game in ’96, we can tell you it was one of the most intense atmospheres of any soccer game seen on US soil. Last and least, we’ve been told 200 DC fans are coming down for the game this weekend, so in their honor we will be grilling 200+ Screaming Chicken wings, well done of course.

There’s a lot on our plate this week… SO COME GET SOME!

Soy de Metro

2. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Any plans for some Tifo?

I'm sure flares are on the cards.......

3. kerowack

kerowack Member

May 14, 2004
    Patchogue, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where is the bus thread? I'm interested in taking the bus(by myself..boo hoo. Girlfriend won't go to DC again), but I don't have playoff tickets at DC yet and I'm not buying them without definite transportation(I don't feel like driving again).

Thanks for any help!

4. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Bus thread is here. Cheers, meatpie, oi oi oi.

5. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
  6. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    LOL. Thanx guy! :)

7. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    This may be the most important league game in the BB era. The most important game in this era was last year's USOC final at home, because victory would have actually given us a cup.

8. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    I got a call at work from MFO: game time moved to 19:30 (7:30 pm for the 24-hr challenged). So -- meet in 16 starting at 6 pm (18:00 for the 12-hr challenged) ????

9. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    We'll be there at 15:00.

Which is 19:00 Zulu.

Roger, Roger.

10. Frieslander

Frieslander Member
    Staff Member

Feb 14, 2000
    North Jersey
    what's your vector, Victor?

11. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    right! Who's bringing the tifo?

12. Metrohooligan101

Metrohooligan101 New Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Orlando Fl
    man i wish i can make it i was actually going to fly up to see this game but my freaking car broke down so i have to get that fixed, but i'll be watching it on my computer thru mlsnet eating some screaming chicken wings!!!!!! its been a long 9 years...... DC SUCKS!!!!!.......GO METRO!!!!!

13. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Come up for the return leg down in DC.

14. OriginalAEK

OriginalAEK New Member

May 6, 2003
    Syracuse, NY
    Come On F*&^ing Metro!!!!

15. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I repeat....... Get yer a$s to the fvucken game !!!

The ESC and 101 needs you! The team needs you!