Metro playoff road trip, Sat Oct 30th- Metro at DC United

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Empire Supporters Club, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Empire Supporters Club

Feb 7, 2000
    NYC
    Metro playoff road trip, Sat Oct 30th- Metro at DC United

After the home playoff game this Saturday, we will hit the road for the biggest, loudest, most intense road trip in 9 years. You will not want to miss this game.

PLAYOFF BUS TRIP TO WASHINGTON, DC- Saturday October 30

What: Playoff Bus trip to RFK Stadium- Washington DC
    When: Saturday, October 30th
    Time: Leave NYC at 11:30 am, Giants Stadium in NJ at 12:00pm
    Return to Jersey around 12:30 am/NYC around 1:00am

Bus trip details:

Game: METROSTARS vs. DC UNITED, 7:00PM

Cost: $ 40- If paid by 7pm on Saturday, Oct 23rd
    $ 55- If paid after 7pm on Saturday, Oct 30th

Meet up with us at the ESC tailgate on 10/23 to register and pay for the bus trip.

Trip Details:

The bus will leave from 28th street and 7th ave in Manhattan promptly at 11:30 AM on Saturday, October 30th. It will then head into Jersey and arrive at 11:50 am at Giant's Stadium, meeting up in Lot 18C. Please click on this link for more information about the parking lots at Giants Stadium. From there we will leave for Washington DC, arriving around 5pm, about 2 hours prior to kick off for the Metro game. If all goes well we will arrive at NJ at 12:30am, back at NYC at about 1:00am.

The bus is no smoking and BYOB food and beverages. (btw, wear red, wear black, wear a jersey).

We will be sitting in Section 322. If you are going to DC on your own, please contact DC United at (703) 397-5459 for tickets.

Payment Details:

If you would rather pay online, you can go to paypal.com and send a payment to escgear@yahoo.com. If you do this, please also send an e-mail to this address, empiresc@verizon.net to let us know that you've sent a payment. We will need from you: your name, a phone number where we can reach you and desired pick up location, either New Jersey or Manhattan.

Rates:

$ 40 All tickets paid by 10/23- 7pm
    $ 55 All tickets paid after 10/23

If you are interested, please reply to this email or meet up with us in lot 16A

Bus Itinerary:

Bus Arrives NYC ~11:15 AM
    Depart NYC 11:30 AM
    Arrive New Jersey 11:50 AM
    Leave New Jersey 12:00 PM
    Drive to Washington DC.
    Arrive RFK 4:30-5:00 PM (traffic depending)

Once we are in RFK, everyone can get off the bus and stretch. We will distribute them to you. From there, you are on your own. Go in as early/late as you'd like, though we'd like to do a march in at 6:30.

Game Itinerary:

Metro vs. DC United 7:00 PM
    Metro win ends 9:00 PM
    Bus leaves 9:30 PM

Please be respectful of your fellow fans and get on the bus as soon as possible.

Bus Itinerary:

Leave RFK at 9:30 PM
    Arrive New Jersey about 12:30 AM
    Arrive New York City about 1:00 AM

Notes on food:

Bring whatever you want to eat. We will likely not stop in either direction. Whatever you bring onto the bus, you take with you as garbage when you leave, as the NYC boys have to make sure the bus is clean before we get off it. Make sure you don't leave your mess for someone else to clean up. If you want to bring a cooler, make it a small one that will fit under your seat or over your head. If you bring an entire refrigerator with you, we will ask you to stow it so that we can get up and down the aisles. If you want to bring food to grill at the tailgate, fine, but we may not have time to grill. There will likely be Metro fans at the game that will let you borrow grill space if you ask politely.

It is a no smoking bus.

Notes on the trip:

A. Again, if you are paying on the day of the trip, Cash only.

B. If you have any questions, send an e-mail to empiresc@verizon.net.

C. Again, if you are buying seats on your own, you will need seats in section 322. Please contact DC United at (703) 397-5459 for details. The ESC is not selling seats to people not going on the bus, so please arrange the purchase yourself. We will update you if there are any changes.

2. Frieslander

Frieslander Member
    Staff Member

Feb 14, 2000
    North Jersey
    you all best be getting on the fuking bus. I will not accept a less than full bus.

3. kerowack

kerowack Member

May 14, 2004
    Patchogue, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since your both a Metro and Westham fan(throw in my new love for Norwich and you'd have the trifecta), I'll be on the bus.

I wrote an email to the esc last night with my questions...

I'm telling you. If ANYBODY reading this thread is on the fence or slightly interested by the bus trip, let me say this. I went to DC on July 3rd for the first time and the stadium is so small and their support so good that the place was rocking. Throw out the loss, the metrosexuals banner, and the drunk spanish clown and it was perfect day for some soccer(or football if you prefer).

Just trust me.....I can't imagine the playoff atmosphere.....

4. Frieslander

Frieslander Member
    Staff Member

Feb 14, 2000
    North Jersey
    There are few things in this world better than a ESC road trip to DC. I'm not exaggerating.

5. kgold54

kgold54 New Member

Oct 21, 2004
    New Yorker in DC
    i've been reading these boards for a while, figured it was time to jump in. i'm a big metro fan temporarily relocated to dc for college and therefore can think of nothing better than metro/dc playoff games. i was at rfk last week, i dragged two of my roommates and decked them out in metro gear and had a great time taking on the screaming eagles with just the three of us (someone had to represent). can't wait for everyone else to come down, i'm of course getting tickets in the section, it'll be nice to have a little more backup this time.

if anyone hasn't been a metro fan in rfk, listen to everyone and get your a$s on that bus, it's ubelievably fun.

6. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I think I might be getting on the bus !!!!!!!

7. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    any age restrictions ?

is it all guys on this trips or its mixed?

beer on the bus ?

like is it safe for a family to join ?

8. Congorilla

Congorilla New Member

Feb 18, 1999
    If you are old enough to get admitted to an "R" rated movie, don't mind taking kids to an "R" rated movie, or are okay with some "R" rated langauge and behavior in the back of the bus, then you should be okay. Quite a few females have lived to tell about it.

9. halfnelson31

halfnelson31 New Member

Jul 23, 2002
    NOVA
    how many people do u think will be goin with yall?

10. soccerfan

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so this is an "R" rated bus then
    no PG 13 bus, well i 'll think avout it
    would love to go but safety must come first

11. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    There is no safety issue. Just a R rated language issue. No violence. Just lots of Fvck DC comments!

12. soccerfan

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

ok we coming,

trying to get some more people to join me but i'll be there

13. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Excellent.

Hey ESC.... nice job on the post card. Classy touch. :)

I am in !

What's the word on bus price for my non ESC friiends?
    The fee includes bus and match ticket right?

14. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Fee includes bus ticket and match ticket. Same price for all, as long as they pay on time. The bus holds 49, so hopefully we can fill it.

Just as an FYI, on a trip last year a 45-ish year old woman brought her 13 year old daughter, and they had a great time (with the possible exception of the 4 minutes of Jackass we fast forwarded through (voluntarily), d'oh). So, there are families that get along quite fine.

15. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Thanx for the info.

Let's fill this fvucken bus up! If I of all people can get on the bus, so can you!! No excuses!

16. kerowack

kerowack Member

May 14, 2004
    Patchogue, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just paid for the bus and the ticket.....yes, ticket. I have nobody else to bring(girlfriend refuses to go to DC again....and she hates buses).

But screw that! BUS AHOY!

17. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Bring Jack or Johnny with you. I'm sure nobody else would mind. :D

18. kerowack

kerowack Member

May 14, 2004
    Patchogue, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What about my friend Bud?

Okay...Bud Light...

I'm a woman...

leave me alone....

:(

:D

19. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Only if your light headed friend Bud comes with 23 friends of his. :)

20. SteveB

SteveB New Member

Jun 13, 2003
    Nanuet, NY
    Is the bus trip open to non-ESC members or is it an ESC only thing?

21. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    The bus trip is open to everyone. So if you were thinking about getting on the bus..... well..... get on the bus! :)

22. Congorilla

Congorilla New Member

Feb 18, 1999
    Whew! I'm just glad somebody got the damn thing on time. I sent it directly from the main NYC P.O. (where all the mail is sorted) and two days after mailing it a mere 25 blocks from home... the tester I sent myself STILL hasn't arrived. <G> Guess the bastids eyes were fulla tears for the Jankeeze and they couldn't sort straight.

23. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Hopefully after today, the bus will be filled and work can be started on an accompanying caravan of Yugos or Gremlins or something. :)

24. Frieslander

Frieslander Member
    Staff Member

Feb 14, 2000
    North Jersey
    I got the postcard in Hawthorne today.

25. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Pony Express just arrived in central NJ!
    Don't know when you mailed them, but mine is postmarked 10/21 = Thursday.