Czech national team [R]

Discussion in 'Czech Republic' started by Canadian_Supporter, Aug 14, 2008.

1. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    We will be lucky to win this.

2. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Vaclik moved his heal at just the right moment

3. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Defense was all over the place, but we also could easily have had more goals but Provod didn't and Boril had 2 good chances.

Overall though the lack of depth and a true play-making midfielder was very evident.

4. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Good result to now pull away from the bottom two of the group along with Scotland, but that was not a good performance at all.

I was not that surprised that our defence struggled the way it did, especially against a few quick attacking Israeli players (I think they're more dangerous than Scotland for this reason), and our midfield performed below expectation I thought.

Can't really fault our attacking options because we are currently so thin there, although Masopust certainly disappointed.

Biggest positives are Vydra scoring and Provod's MOTM performance.

5. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    The positives:

Vydra finally gets a goal
    Provod 2 good performances this break, any winger improving is a good thing
    Vaclik mostly sharp despite loss of club minutes from injury and his status at Sevilla being uncertain

The negatives

The zone marking really struggled with the Israeli press at times
    Very little attack through the middle

adam CZ repped this.
  6. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I would line up like this against Scotland:

Vaclik - Coufal, Celustka, Hovorka, Boril - Soucek, Kral - Sevcik, Darida, Provod - Vydra

I think Sevcik can help with that creativity issue since he is a more central player naturally anyways and has good vision.

I thought Kudela was shaky and the one defender really out of position at times.

This is all of course if this team is even allowed to play Scotland..

7. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Ideally this squad would be able to go to Scotland with a couple of reserve list players added as we really were limited in adjustments with that bench.

Scotland apparently beat Slovakia 1-0.

8. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I think Silhavy will need to reconsider continuing with this midfield trio in November. I suspect he prefers Dockal over Darida anyways, but I'd even like to see more of Barak, or perhaps that formation change we've been pondering.

Our midfield did not perform the way I'd have envisioned today, particularly going forward in the final third where we spoiled lots of solid pressing that created turnovers.

Even defensively, I thought Israel were finding space in behind them way too often and they didn't look anywhere near as dominant (like the England win) as they've shown to be.

I noticed Darida was the lowest rated player on iDNES and I'd agree with that assessment. He runs a lot, and so does Soucek honestly, but I feel his lack of cutting edge passing/shooting is further highlighted without Schick and/or Dockal.

Silhavy has to eventually try Hlozek and Schick together. There is just too much potential in that pairing not to experiment with it.

9. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Scotland will be without Andy Robertson their best left back.

Scotland also did not play particular well against Slovakia.

10. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    We will be down a Silhavy and one more player from the Israel squad. So Holoubek and 4 players from the reserve list will be joining the remaining players/staff.

Better than a full team change at least.

11. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Well, with what happened in September and how this situation was developing, this news is almost worth celebrating... In all seriousness, best wishes to Silhavy and our other positive players for a smooth recovery.

I'd sincerely hope it's not one of Vaclik or Vydra that tested positive (since we have zero suitable back ups in those positions). If the former, I'd probably just have Soucek and Petrasek stand in front of our goal the entire game.

Looking at that extensive, but not really assuring reserve list, my four picks would be Cermak, Sacek, Janos/Travnik, and Rabusic/Ostrak. This is just based on the Israel squad though and may be subject to change depending on the position of the player withdrawing from Covid.

All of the other available strikers are shite, but I'd likely pick Rabusic in current form. I'd also consider Ostrak as another wing option (he should be in the current U21 team).

12. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    #1887 ASU55RR, Oct 13, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2020

Weak up front still, but at least we'll have a spine of A team players to work with. We do need more from the midfield, maybe put Kral at the playmaker spot and Darida as the 2nd holding midfielder.

A lot of criticisms of the alternate selection, and its understandble seeing as how Malinsky isn't playing at Slavia and was the weakest link of our last reserve team 11. That said, I think other than one of the backup strikers the reservists are just being brought to fill out numbers.

Edit: for clarity, Holes was the additional withdraw for Coronavirus.

13. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Yeah, we'll still be able to field the same near A team (sort of) even if our bench is like a C/D/F team (excluding the defenders who are fine), and realistically only Rabusic would play out of those four additions (unless we plan to sic Malinsky on Scottish players).

Novak was the player that had repeated inconclusive tests, but was found to be negative after all, so he has rejoined the team.

That means in addition to Barak (already confirmed), Dockal and Hlozek were our other positive cases. Hopefully they are cleared to play in time for Sparta's first Europa League match with Lille next week.

14. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    The U21s kickoff in Lithuania shortly in what is a crucial qualifier. Krejci has decided to change formation and set up in a 3-5-2.

I think it's a positive change, but whether it translates on the field is another story.

15. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Obviously the entire country is struggling but Prague especially is a major emerging hotspot, so I'm almost more surprised that only 1 Slavia player has been withdrawn. There is actually a BigSoccer poster with a son in the Slavia youth academy and he shared some related news on that recently.

16. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    That formation makes a lot more sense with the players, but I feel its only because Krejci is now very much facing a termination if he fails to qualify in this group.

I presume that with a good performance in Scotland that Holoubek would be the front-runner for the next U-21 manager.

17. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Interesting thread. I'll be sure to keep an eye on that going forward. Thank you for sharing.

Actually, our assistant coach Jiri Chytry will lead the team tomorrow. Not sure if Holoubek will be present, but yes, I'd imagine he is a candidate to replace Krejci at the U21 level.

18. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I'm already cringing at the the thought of British announcers pronouncing that name.

19. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Also, there is a good Youtube stream of our U21 game on the channel Delfi Sportas. I think it's a Lithuanian channel but I honestly have no clue.

Skevin and ASU55RR repped this.
  20. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    The pitch looks dreadful.

21. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Could almost see an own goal like the one in Israel because of it and judging by the way we've started, I think we'll take it.

22. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Ah, well-timed critiquing it seems. 1-0 for us.

23. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Good header from Sasinka, although still feels like the only difference from our performance against Scotland is one of our many crosses actually worked. Otherwise we've shown about as little creativity.

Lithuania have completely bunkered from the start so maybe we'll benefit from some space now.

24. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    That more or less sums up Matousek's form this season.

25. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Matousek is well on his way to becoming a seasoned senior team winger with that touch / finishing.