Arsene Wenger...

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Lanesra, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Lanesra

Lanesra BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 13, 2003
    LONDON
  2. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    4 more years of missing incidents.
    4 more years of bitter ranting.
    4 more years of European failure.

That is probably as close as I have came to trolling. :p

3. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm not quite sure what your problem is. You have many times stated that the Premiership is a poor league, but you still obviously watch it and continue to take enough of an interest to post on Premiership teams' boards. You seem to have a real dislike of Arsenal and Theirry Henry in particular, but constantly sniping at the team in this forum of all forums doesn't constitute any kind of poor behaviour in your eyes. For someone who purports to support Livingston and no other team, how has this Arsenal hatred come about? Is your life so sad you have taken an irrational hatred of all things Arsenal and have nothing better to do than just wind up people on this board for the sake of it?

4. topcatcole

topcatcole BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 26, 2003
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From SAF
    From Tesos Dos Bichos
    From Livingston and ManU

Oh, give your whiny little self more credit than that! We certainly do. Your bridge is waiting!!

Anyway, I for one am very glad Le' Boss has signed. Here's to 4 more successful years!!

5. Lanesra

Feb 13, 2003
    LONDON
    Just another bitter Jock, living in the shadow of his more succesfull neighbour.

6. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    The problem that I have is the English press and broadcasters. It is everywhere. In Scotland, we hear everything about the Premiership first, then about the Old Firm and finally a few lines about everyone else. The way everything is setup, you will be very lucky to hear anything about Livi at all, let alone some decent highlights. I am aware that the Prem is the poor relation of at lest 3 other leagues. Despite this, all I hear and see is the English media promoting and hyping the EPL. The same thing happens with Arsenal. All I have heard is Arsenal this, Wenger that, Henry something and words like immortal being throw around. They were even proclaiming Arsenal to be the greatest English side ever! I know that Henry is over-rated due to his poor form in continental and international football. Despite this, the English press would have you believe that he is the greatest player ever. Wenger, despite a lack of European success is labeled the greatest manager ever. Despite people like Sir Alex being more successful. Arsenal the greatest? What for? Winning one league? Do you see my point, that is what we get force fed up here.

Unfortunately, most Arsenal fans have started to believe all of the hype. That is why I respond. To counter and add balance to the biased ranting of Arsenal fans. If you look at Arsenal related threads in other forums, you will see that I am not the only one who is sick of this over-hyping. Poor behavour? I strongly diagree. Like I said in another thread, if you cannot hack people saying negative things about Arsenal, then bigsoccer is not the place for you. Go find a separate Arsenal board.

Oh and I am a Livi supporter, Scottish and if I have an irrational hatred of anything, then it is the English press and ignorant fans.

7. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
  8. topcatcole

topcatcole BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 26, 2003
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Absolutely serious question for you here. What does a club have to do to be a force in European football? Do you have to win the CL three or four times in a row? Once? Or is making it to the finals required? Semis? Quarters?

IMO we are definitely a force in European football. We have consistently finished in the last 8 in Europe. Could we have done better? Probably, but I am really intersted in your definition of what it means to be a force in European football. And thanks for the props.

9. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004

I dont think anyone has ever said Henry is greatest player ever

Arsenal are being called great because they went 49 undefeated in the league

When Livingston go 2 games undefeated..perhaps they will also be a great side
    thats no easy feat

10. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    I would say that to be a major force, you must be consistantly progressing to the knockout stages and threatening. There are very few "elite" teams like this. I would say that Arsenal comes into the second group. This a a big group of very good clubs who are reasonably consistant but are unlikely to make the next step without a great run or good luck.

11. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats to you Arsenal fans. I'm sure you are buzzing with the news today.

They were probably waiting to announce this after your 50th unbeaten match in a row.... shame that. ;)

12. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    It isn't far off saying that. They are all saying that Henry is the best footballing playing today and that he should definately win the top awards. Just look in the various Henry or award threads to see what most people think of that. Arsenal are a great team, but the whole immortal and greatest English side ever/possibly one of the greatest teams ever is definately over the top. After all, it is only the league and when you look at things, you lost more games than Man Utd that season overall. Of course you are a great side, but not the best ever (etc). I don't see what Livi have to do with anything. Although we did win the same amount of competitions as you did last year! :D

13. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    what did Livingston win?
    The Scottish Cup?
    Accrington Stanley could win the Scottish Cup
    now thats saying something

14. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    The CIS Cup. Not bad considering we had just been put in admin and lost a fair few players. For a club only 9 years old, it is not a bad achievement. A bit of a bastard that I missed the final and had to watch it in Melbourne though. :(

15. Lanesra

Feb 13, 2003
    LONDON
    Nevermind there will be another one along in 30 years. Scotish football, now there's a contradiction.

16. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hey Teso,

I have a question for you. Who exactly do you want the English media to write about? Are you seriously expecting the English media to cover the Bundesliga, or Seria A? The Premiership is what the English have to talk about, so it's hardly a surprise that they cover English teams. I understand your gripe, growing up in Washington DC, the media always covered the Redskins. I am a Cowboys fan, my brother a Lions fan. Did we ever get much in the way of Dallas or Detroit coverage? No. But what is the Washington Post supposed to do?

Now, for me, that was in the days before the internet. I could subscribe to Pro Football Weekly and that was my sole recourse to learn about my team. You've got the internet, Teso, so if you want to read up and learn more about your superior leagues, you're free to do so. And if we're in this backwater called the Premiership celebrating the second rate of achievements of our team, what's it to you?

Look, I'm certainly willing to discuss our weaknesses and failings, and if you check my posts, I think you'll see that I, and many others here, are completely rational. It was a big game, we lost. We are, contrary to popular opinion, trying to deal with it. Your coming here, ripping going undefeated just because it's a second rate league, and proclaiming Man Utd's treble to be a grander achievement, is tiresome. I've got limited time to be on the boards. I like it here. I'd consider it a great favor if you would just haunt the boards of the superior leagues. Make some friends on the Barca boards...

17. SLO-Gunner

SLO-Gunner New Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Baltimore

thanksgiving must be big at your house then, eh?

18. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I for one, am glad to hear that Wenger has commited to another 3 years and all the contract talks are out of the way. Hopefully it will calm the players to know the boss is sticking around, and it should held the club grow.

As for Teso, don't forget people, "If it's not Scottish, its, Crrrrapp!!"

19. VP what a player

VP what a player New Member

Oct 27, 2004
    You're not very knowledgeable are you re: 'Henry is over-rated due to his poor form in continental and international football'
    2 against Inter Milan in the San Siro (pre-competition favourites) last season
    Hat-trick against Roma the year before in the Olympic Stadium
    5th Top scorer in Champions League history
    France's top scorer when winning the world cup in '98
    Top scorer in European Championships in 2000 when France won the tournament

And as for Alex Ferguson being more succesful - How many trophies did he win in his first 8 years at Manu (3 I believe including one Championship) and how many has Wenger won in the same time period at Arsenal(6 is the answer including 3 Championships).

Despite your claim of being a Livingston supporter we all know you're just another sad cheating manc supporter.

20. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    I understand your point re media. However, we got it shoved down our throats regardless. The internet is indeed a great resource, but most of the main "British" sites are still far to heavily focused on the EPL. Where does that leave the lower English leagues? I'm not asking them to focus on anything else, just to tone down the bias/over-rating and give everyone a fair shout. There's little wonder most people hate the English based media. I'm just here to give some of your posters some perspective. I've now got an "interest" in Arsenal due to the media and various posts in the main boards on bigsoccer. I cannot escape you lot, so I have stopped running.

21. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    That's a very big post for someone who is new. Due to that, I will contain the majoity of my contempt for that pathetic waste of memory that I had to read though. For a start I (and a lot of other users) have already went into great detail about Henry and his various exploits. Without wanting to have a dig, I can say that your post is irrelevant. Go and look at the various Henry threads, read my posts and then add whatever you want in there. I'm sure Rick doesn't want another Henry debate here.

As for your Wenger vs Ferguson comments. Again, it has been done and my comments are very clear. Here is a site for you to look at. Sir Alex Ferguson. If you want to continue this, then feel free to PM me or add you comments to this thread.

I can assure you that I am a Livi fan. Would you like me to upload some pictures for you? ;)

22. Lanesra

Feb 13, 2003
    LONDON
    Tell me, would you rather look at Kylie Minogue in the nude, or Rosanne Barr ?

I rest my case !!

23. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    You will need to post pictures of both so that I can make a fair and informed decision. :cool:

24. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everybody thinks they have the prettiest wife at home...