Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I like this move by both; Lamela and Spur. Lamela is only 29 and should perform at high levels. I like Sevilla b/c they are a fun team that plays offensive football and a guy like Lamela can give them options.

BTW, this would be the FOURTH ARGENTINEAN on Sevilla; Papu, Acuna and Ocampos. . . this is good for the NT that so many of our players are now playing in the same team. . . maybe we can get Dybala here :)

2. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  3. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guess I need to start following Sevilla then!

Loco repped this.
  4. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Most of those guys are irrelevant or soon will be to the NT tbh

5. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If he could discover his Roma form, Lamela can still be useful. Good move , not just because lots of Argentines at Sevilla but Spurs is basically club version of England NT.

Hopefully he doesnt just score 1-2 stunners in pre season and goes blank for the rest of the season as he often does :D

Whatever happen in Boca vs Atletico game:cautious:, I saw some chaotic scene at newsflash , its says Boca got 2 legit goals being disallowed by VAR.

6. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't get me started, lol. Absolute joke. So fixed.

Albiceleste2010 and ganapordiego repped this.
  7. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Did I not say Ostojich is a joke in the CA thread? Same dude that ********ed River hard last year vs Palmeiras... it was obvious he entered that game with a mission, and it appears he did the same last night from what I hear.

With that said, if Boca had scored their PKs none of that would have mattered. What an absolute masterclass of how not to shoot penalties

Albiceleste2010, ganapordiego and Burr repped this.
  8. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Di Maria, Papu Gomez, Paredes, LoCelso and Acuña are all vacationing together, having a lot of fun. Its all over their Instagrams. Love that they are so close, this is good for team spirit and for Qatar.

Papu is so funny and likable! And tbh i love seeing Di Maria this happy after all that suffering he went through with the NT

9. ganapordiego

ganapordiego Member

Estudiantes de La Plata
    Argentina
    Jul 10, 2021
    Makes the Copa America victory all the more impressive. Wasn’t even able to celebrate Di Maria’s goal as I was waiting the whole time for his crew to find a way to disallow it.

10. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think its harder for him & conmebol to pull that crap because they fully aware the whole world is watching and paying attention , since majority wants Messi to finally win thropy.

Messi photo with Copa thropy on IG breaks a record for sports related pic with most "likes".

ganapordiego repped this.
  11. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lol Driussi is leaving Zenit........
    ..... to play for Austin FC

What a waste of a career, although I’m sure MLS fans will love him

Albiceleste2010 repped this.
  12. pregra

pregra Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Dec 1, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    He is not THAT good though, so it doesn't really matter.

13. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He’s not Messi, but he could easily be playing in Italy or Spain. Obviously not RM level, but a Sevilla, Fiorentina, Milan, Villarreal, etc.

It’s just a wasted career. Between Russia and MLS he threw away the chance to make a mark in Europe and play for the NT. If Pavon, Ocampos, Nico Gonzalez, etc have gotten a shot with the albiceleste, he definitely could have made it. His career decisions were just terrible though, and now he’s doubling down with the MLS move (assuming it’s true, because I haven’t seen an official confirmation, just info from reporters)

Not the end of the world, just unfortunate to see him destroy his own career.

Albiceleste2010 repped this.
  14. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Cuti to Spurs getting a lot of steam hopefully that doesn’t go through. What a backward transfer

Albiceleste2010 and Cosmin10 repped this.
  15. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So many kids make the wrong choices. Or the stakeholders and agents who are interested in making money not about how their career pans out.

The AFA and clubs need to organize some body to advise players, eliminate stake holding and curb the power of agents in conjunction with CONMEBOL. Clubs are getting ripped off and player careers are suffering.

The officiating for the Boca-Mineiro game was laughable. A fix for certain. Hopefully River crush Mineiro in the next round. A very bad round for all Argentine clubs.

Burr and locoxriver repped this.
  16. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Gollini also going there so Musso will be numero uno at Atalanta. Romero needs to stick around at Atalanta and play CL football and test himself at the top level. No doubt Alderweireld is off and Romero is being cited as the replacement.

Gazzaniga has joined Fulham. No way he is ever in national consideration when we have Martinez and Musso for the forseeable future. Just think on that. Two top class keepers. I don't think we have had that for decades.

ganapordiego and soul24rage repped this.
  17. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://football-italia.net/lautaro-consulted-a-psychologist-to-collect-fewer-yellow-cards/

18. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    There is very little tradition of Argentinean soccer players going to Russia and developing into a big time player. for those that do chose to play in Russia, if they do take a leap-forward, its usually after they leave Russia. That said, the history of players going to MLS and finding their form and becoming a world player is even more dire.

I liked Sebastián Driussi when he was coming up - never should've gone to Russia

19. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Mental condition plays huge role in sport. ADM did the same after getting injured and couldnt play in 3 finals.

This is why having someone like Lavezzi and Papu also helped the team big time off the field.

Now imagine Lautaro consulting to this guy :D

20. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In case you're wondering what our buddy Higuain is up to

1419725136433975300 is not a valid tweet id

21. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    In all fairness, the play right before that Higuain ran the pitch to help out on a defensive play. He was beat after helping on defense. . . but still

Regardless, DYBALA was named co-captain of Juventus; a sign that he will be given a more prominent role this year.

22. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #11697 SupaMario, Jul 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
    Fatso has disgraced this game. He would be running if that was the ice cream truck, that’s for sure.

And lol at Driussi. I mean, we all hoped he was going to turn into something that the seleccion was going to use but he had his priorities on money, which is fine. How many talented River players have flopped in Europe in recent memory?

Lamela(Good year at Roma then vanished in England).
    Lanzini( always injured. That ACL killed his career off).
    Drissui

Is Palacios next? I hope not.

And Almada appears to be going to Atlanta for 15 million… What a joke. These clubs give no ********s about these players future, he goes to the highest bidder, no matter where it is . And the players management are probably pressuring them to go as well. Granted, times are rough back home but shit, man, I don’t these guys going to some third rate league. It is better than going to Russian, in terms of a better life but footballing? Good luck…

locoxriver and Duchene2Mackinnon repped this.
  23. Milan05

Milan05 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    MLS are low-key killing Argentinian football.

I really hope that Argentina’s league will improve once COVID restrictions are over.

24. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #11699 Burr, Jul 29, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
    I would blame the league and Argentinian clubs as well as the terrible way the economy is run over there. They wouldn't be so desperate to sell if they were in a better spot money wise. MLS teams are just going where the talent is and where they can get the best value. Ideally they would only have older guys like Valeri and Wanchope to pick from (or guys that were never gonna make it like Reynoso) and the clubs would hang on to promising youth like Almada until they could sell to real European clubs.

Ever since Tata left, Atlanta United has proven to be exceptionally dysfunctional, so it's definitely a troubling development.

SupaMario and locoxriver repped this.
  25. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The instability of the national economy honestly has a lot to do with it. Since Argentine players' salaries aren't tied to USD, their wage consistently deflates as the season goes on. It isn't only that they probably earn less than they would in MLS to begin with, but they all see their pay gradually reduce every week because of inflation.

In 2018, for example, the USD to ARS exchange rate was like 1:20... If you had signed a 4 year contract then that was equivalent to USD $200,000, right now you'd be earning around $40,000 despite having the same exact salary (rate is currently 1:96)

It's the same reason a lot of foreigners have been leaving the country recently and why it's hard for clubs like Boca to convince Borja to join.

SupaMario and Burr repped this.