10 am meeting at metro HQ

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Decepticon LazerBeak, Sep 19, 2003.

1. This Morning at 10 am Nick came out of his office and asked every one to get off the phones and asked every one to stop what they were doing and every one was asked to "take a seat" or "stand where you can".. Nick began to rant and rave about leaking any office information on to any public forum was a violation of our work agreement he had a pretty damn serious tone and he was pretty damn loud too. Old Nick went as far as to say that when he found out who was leaking office information that person would be fired..

Any ways this meeting for me went in one ear and came out the other.. Its 11:26 and Harrison people just came in to see Nick. When some thing worth while happens I'll let you all in on it...

2. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude, who cares.

Would you like to describe what's going on at my work? Well Faith's kid has the flu and she wont be in until 2:00 and Ken is taking an extended lunch because of it. Oh I almost forgot, the entire staff is having mexican food.

When some thing worth while happens I'll let you all in on it...

3. Haig

Haig Member+

May 14, 2000
    METROSTARS
    Club:
    --other--
    Without caring if this is a lot of bullsh-t or not, it really amazes me that Nick still has a job.

Maybe that's why the Harrison deal has stretched out so long-- it it were resolved one way or another, Nick would get canned instantly. How many more China friendlies can AEG afford? Why does he think he should have anything to do with the team itself, and should sit on the bench and hang around practices?

4. Section113

Section113 New Member

Feb 26, 1999
    Boonton
    A simple IP address check could clear this up. Moderators, get to it.

And cross reference it against the same dork who posted the springsteen fight thread. I think you'll find a match.

(how do you do it? just check the IP address against the same one that MetroFrontOffice uses. Im sure they all use the same central hub and the first three sets of numbers should match. If they match, hes posting from inside the Metro offices. If they don't, he's inside his mothers basement.

5. NICK IS JUST HANDS ON EVERY THING HE WANTS TO CONTROL EVERY THING.. THE RIFF WITH BOB IS THAT BOB WANTS TOTAL CONTROL OF THE TEAM WITH OUT NICK TELLING HIS PLAYERS TO PLAY DIFFERENTLY DURING THE GAME.. THAT WAS THE FIRST RIFF.. BOB TOLD NICK NOT TO ATTEND PRACTICE AND WHEN ON THE FIELD AT GIANTS STADIUM NOT TO TELL PLAYERS HOW TO PLAY ON THE FIELD OR WHAT CHANGES BOB SHOULD MAKE..

YESTURDAY NICK WENT TO THE PRACTICE AND MADE A COMMENT TO BOB IN FRONT OF EVERY ONE.. AFTER BOB WAS DONE WITH THE PRACTICE HE CAME TO THE OFFICE AND BASICLY TOLD NICK TO PISS OFF.

LIKE I SAID HE HAS TO HAVE CONTROL OF EVERY THING LAST WEEK HE ASKED EACH ONE OF US TO "PITCH HIM" AND TO GO THROUGH OUR SEASON TICKET SALES PITCH AND REBUTTLES WITH HIM..

6. Vistula

Vistula New Member

Jul 2, 2001
    Garfield
    God I hope Faith's kid is alright. The flu sucks.

7. Matt in the Hat

Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will pass your heartfelt wishes on to her. She will appreciate the sentiment

8. Keep87

Keep87 New Member

Apr 24, 2003
    North Carolina
    Keep up to great work. :)

9. denver_mugwamp

denver_mugwamp New Member

Feb 9, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    This is normal...

If you pick any 100 American workers, at least 60 or 70 of them will tell you that:
    (1) His boss is a controlling jerk.
    (2) The people upstairs are always fighting. among themselves.
    (3) He's looking for another job so he doesn't care if he gets fired from this one.

Good to see that the Metros are a normal office.

10. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    amen

chick next to me has the snuffles... she better not be getting me sick

*#*#*#*# that

11. Speedball

Speedball Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Harrison Stadium
    Interesting ... Faith's kid "has the flu" and Ken is taking an extended lunch. I smell inter-office tryst, keep us informed.

12. gwebster

gwebster New Member

Aug 30, 2002
    Bethany, CT
    Just got an office email marked "XXX Confidential". The email contained my new phone number. Guess that means I can't let anyone know my phone number.

I hate phone calls anyway.

13. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
  14. That is a good thing.

15. Yes, and a simple privacy lawsuit will drive BigSoccer into bankrupcy. Smart.

16. ToddP25

ToddP25 Member

Apr 19, 1999
    Richmond, VA
    ????

17. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't get why MFO doesn't just block employees from access to bigsoccer.com at work.

18. Matt in the Hat

Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then where would they get their best ideas?

19. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

SETH: Hello?
    SALESMAN: Hi, this is Ron calling you from the Daily News. How you doing this morning?

SETH: I'm not interested.

SALESMAN: Okay. I'm sorry to have bothered you. Have a nice day.

SETH: That's it? That's your pitch? You consider that a sales call??!

SALESMAN: Well, ummm...

SETH: You want to sell me a paper right? Well you guys call me every Saturday and I get the same half-assed attempt. You wanna close me? Then sell me.

SALESMAN: Alright.

SETH: Go ahead, start again.

SALESMAN: Okay... Hi, this is Ron from the Daily News. How you doing this morning?

SETH: *#*#*#*#*#*#. What do you want?

SALESMAN: It's not what I want, sir... it's what you want.

SETH: Alright, now you're talking. What are you selling?

SALESMAN: I'm offering you a subscription to the Daily News at a substantially reduced price. We're trying to reach out to people that have never had home delivery before.

SETH: So, everyone else that already has a subscription is getting *#*#*#*#ed on this one huh?

SALESMAN: ...Yeah, I guess so.

SETH: Good, I can live with that. Now why do I want your paper? Maybe I should get the Times or the Voice.

SALESMAN: Well the Village Voice is free, sir, so if you want it you should certainly pick it up. But the Daily News offers you something no other paper can, a real taste of New York. We have some writers on staff that have been with us for over fifteen years. We have the best features! More photographs than any other daily in New York! And we have the most reliable delivery in the city! Now what do you think??!!

SETH: Alright, Ron. Now that was a sales call. Good job!

SALESMAN: So are you going to buy a subscription?

SETH: No. I already get the Times.

[​IMG]

20. Section113

Section113 New Member

Feb 26, 1999
    Boonton
    Hey moron...your IP is being logged right now. EVERY post has its IP logged. Look! In the corner! the button that says "IP"! Zoinks! Every post, every thread, every activity on the site has an IP linked to it. The only reason us 'general public' can't see it is because they only want the moderators to see it, which is all fine and good.

Before you write...think. You have no clue. There is NO privacy issue.

21. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    If this is legitimate, why would anyone be opposed to finding out what the hell is going on?

22. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    I think that if DLB just remembered to put cover sheets on his TPS reports, none of this would have happened.

Sachin

23. supermetros

supermetros New Member

Aug 20, 2001
    Park Ridge, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If it's not legitimate, who cares anyway? It provides better posts these days than the 50 "Is Mathis gonna start at forward or attacking mid this week?" threads.

24. Return Of W.Tymczyna

Jan 5, 2000
    Fort Lauderdale
    Boiler Room! One of the best movies of our generation!

25. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Did you get the memo about the cover sheets?