Bob Storms out of office really mad..

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Decepticon LazerBeak, Sep 18, 2003.

1. Hey Metro fans

just wanted to let you know what just happened here at Metro HQ.

Bob Bradley and Nick were having a major argument in Nicks Office. Our Coach just stormed out of the office telling Nick that he does not want to see him at the training field.. Its not the first time this season that these 2 go at it..It seems Nick was not happy with how the team worked out today. Its a shame Bob is doing really good work but I guess thats not good enough for the powers that be. The rumor is that Bob wants out of his contract. But Nick wont let him get out of it.. Also Some NY Power ticket sales guys will be joining us this monday and get this the Power marketing dept was Hired to help in our marketing dept..

Nick wants us to have a major season ticket drive for 2004 but other than the core fans that we have already on season ticket plans new buisness will be as bad as last year or even worst...

other than that I'll continue to spy here and report on the boards.. I want you guys to know what really goes on here..

As far as why Tickets will go up next year. Our rent at the stadium will go up next year..

2. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    ... so Bob wants out of his contract to go where?
    Dallas? Perhaps? With a new stadium for sure in the next year as opposed to maybe a new one in Harrison by 2006?

Or DC? Will Ray really be there another year?

Luckily for Metro (and other teams) there are 8 WUSA coaches looking for new gigs. Hot from "the best women's league in the world."

What, me worry?

4. Richie

Richie Red Card

May 6, 1999
    Brooklyn, NY, United
    Do you think people get along all season with all that pressure constantly on them?

What does nick know about training players?

How was the last practice compared to this practice exactly. Maybe bradley felt this practice should be light because other ones before it were not. Have to always worry about over use injuries.

Once the teams game gets really good spectators will come to see them play, and attendence will go up. Some things take time.

Since you watch their practice you don't see players argue and or fight on the practice field at times? You think they always get along on the practice field at Manchester United? I would bet you see a lot of peer pressure arguments and fights during practices of every pro team.

5. Return Of W.Tymczyna

Jan 5, 2000
    Fort Lauderdale
    Soundwave : Soundwave superior! Constructicons inferior...

Mixmaster : Who are you calling inferior?! No one would follow an uncharasmatic bore like you?

Rumble : Hey no one calls Soundwave unchrazamatic...

Frenzy : Yeah let's pound them!

Mixmaster : Constructicons UNITE (transform to Devestator)!!!

Rumble/Frenzy : NO WAY!!!! (start piledriving the shuttle).

Decepticons start to fight...

(from Transformers, the Movie)

6. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    That was my first question too, why jump ship on one contract with a year left to go someplace to jump again? The answer: Walsh Cup 2003 obviously.

7. Vistula

Vistula New Member

Jul 2, 2001
    Garfield
    Easily the Best First Post in BigSoccer history.

Nanu Nanu.

8. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

for how long has this rumor been going on,? if its just after todays argument i say people read into things that take place, and when people are mad( Bob) they say things they don't really mean otherwise.

9. Speedball

Speedball Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Harrison Stadium
    Hmmm.... Steve Jolley's wife perhaps?

10. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Why does everyone else seem to believe this whole thing word for word?

11. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Surely a guy with deception in his handle wouldn't lie to us.

Side note, in the history of the english language has any truth ever surrounded statements like "I just want to let you know what's going on"? It's like watching a politician go "Listen, I'm going to be honest with you...[insert BS here]."

12. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Since "deception" is a reference to Transformers it's all good :)

13. Speedball

Speedball Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Harrison Stadium
    What's not to believe?

14. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Maybe it's time for Sir Bob to kick a boot across the locker room and give Mathis a beauty mark above his eye.

15. Mark Washo

Mark Washo New Member

Aug 30, 2001
    Decepticon Lazerbeak as soon as I find out who you are - YOUR FIRED !!!

16. Arisrules

Arisrules Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Washington, DC
    This thread is just getting weirder and weirder. Anyway, we all know on these boards that Nick is a lightweight, celebrating the full glory of the word.

He has never done anything in his career - to warrant the arrogance that he carries, which many have commented on.

Also, wasn't it stipulated in Bradley's contract that Nick had no say over personel???? Who knows.

If Bradley leaves, which I pray he doesn't...maybe he woudl go to the Nats??? What about some of the youth teams. Developing talent does seem to be his forte....

17. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    The idea that Bob would ask out of his contract, for instance. If this kind of conflict actually existed, which person do you think would be out? Bob? or Nick? (Hint: It's not Bob.)

18. JayKay

JayKay New Member

Apr 22, 2003
    NJ
    We have a marketing dept.???

19. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    both

20. CbR

CbR Member

Nov 10, 2000
    Bergen County NJ
    stay safe out there soilder, we'll need you once the purification of MFO begins

god speed

21. That's "YOU'RE FIRED". Let me guess, you proof advertising copy for the MFO.

22. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Aren't you the same guy who said Nick got beat up at a Springsteen concert two weeks ago?

If you REALLY work for the Metros, can you name just 3 of their ticket sales reps? I doubt it.

Next imposter please.

23. Return Of W.Tymczyna

Jan 5, 2000
    Fort Lauderdale
  24. Section113

Section113 New Member

Feb 26, 1999
    Boonton
    Billy Walsh needs a hobby.

Try Stamp Collecting.

25. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd guess that this one is true -- a total fabrication would have been more sensationalist.

Nick shouldn't have anything to do with the on-field product. His job is to build the stadium.

Bob's not going anywhere.