☀ Club friendlies 2020

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by sbahnhof, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Lyon 3 - 0 Juventus
    (Reneard 29', Buchanan 33', Malard 78')

Lyon wins Trophée Veolia

2. Juventus
    3. PSV
    4. Montpellier

blissett repped this.
  2. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    [​IMG] Champions League warm-up games for Bayern Munich, a 3-1 v Freiburg (2 goals by Lea Schüller), goalie Laura Benkarth is said to be OK for tomorrow after a concussion in the 9 August game. This week, Bayern beat Slavia Prague, 4-0, the first appearance of Marina Hegering in defence.

For Wolfsburg's part, Pajor and Rolfö netted twice each as they won 5-2 against Frankfurt, the FFC women's team having merged with Eintracht Frankfurt last month.

[​IMG] Arsenal v Aston Villa, the Gunners won 5-1 while wearing their new kits, red in the "Bruised Tomato" style. (They're working their way through the food groups.)

[​IMG] Barcelona's women had a hell of a time! I know I put an Uzbek 9-0 win as a 0-9 once, but I don't think FCB can be feeling very confident...

[​IMG]
    Soccerway says Montpellier 6, Barcelona 1

But yes, it was really * Barça 6, Montpellier 1

Match info & video on https://www.fcbarcelona.es/es/notic...nsiva-en-la-preparacion-para-la-champions-6-1
    So, thanks Soccerway for making the game sound more interesting!

The very idea of a Barça team losing by such a score would be absolutely ridiculous...
    [​IMG]

From 7 Aug, a win in Belgium for 2019/20's top Dutch club, with debuts for women's internationals of the Netherlands and Australia: "In addition to [PSV's] Lisan Alkemade, Nadia Coolen, Aniek Nouwen, Julie Biesmans, Naomi Pattiwael, Joëlle Smits and Jeslynn Kuijpers, newbies Mandy van den Berg, Melanie Bross, Amy Harrison and Kyah Simon were also in the starting XI."

Anderlecht 0 - 2 PSV Eindhoven - (Simon 2', Ellie Jean 54')

The following week in the Lyon tournament, as mentioned by @Lechus7, PSV lost 4-0 to the European champions, and PSV won late 2-1 in the 3rd-place game.

[​IMG] [​IMG] In Austria, league runners-up Sturm Graz lost 5-2 to Slovenian champions Pomurje, while the Graz side won comfortably v Maribor (SVN) and Viktória FC (HUN).

Lohmann and blissett repped this.
  3. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    [​IMG] In the Basque country, the customary pre-season tournament was held in September, the Euskal Herria Kopa. All the finals have been Athletic Bilbao v Real Socieded, and they ensured that it stayed that way in the semi-finals:

Athletic Club 4 - 0 SD Eibar

Final: Athletic Bilbao v Real Sociedad
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh2EJho85MA
    [​IMG]

ATHLETIC: De la Nava, Moraza (Min. 74, Sierra), Gimbert, Naroa Uriarte, Eunate, Unzué, Valdezate, Jone Ibáñez (Min. 66, Mariana), Erika (Min. 46, Cirauqui), Istillart (Min. 46, Nevado) y Paula Arana (Min. 61, Monente). REAL SOCIEDAD: Quiñones, Lucía, Tejada, Mendoza, Iraia (Min. 79, Nuria), Gemma (Min. 86, Itxaso), Franssi (Min. 86, Lareo), Maitane, Bárbara (Min. 66, Amaiur), Eizagirre y Palacios (Min. 46, Baños). Árbitra: Rivera Olmedo. - (Deia)

Fans of impractically large trophies will be disappointed that there has been no "Trofeo Ramón de Carranza" this year - it alternated to the men's version, which is postponed. So, Athletic's women's team will have to keep the thing for longer.

[​IMG]

4. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    NWSL needs that trophy!!! It’s big and impractical! It’s perfect!

blissett and sbahnhof repped this.
  5. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    Ooh, I dunno if they would even sell it for any price, it's like a family heirloom, probably. It goes way back to the 1950s (as a men's football tournament). Of course, in those days, the stadiums didn't have the big screens, so... I guess... they wanted fans to be able to see the cup from space?

[​IMG]

And the line officials' flags were the size of a bus!

[​IMG]

Klingo3034 repped this.
  6. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Seriously we need a new big trophy. Not the employee of the month trophy.

7. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    This one?
    [​IMG]

Hmm, it does look a bit like an "Emergency Exit" sign. But it's a great thing to win, anyway... right?

Now I'm looking around for the smallest trophy in soccer (Does anyone know?). All I could find was a parade of silly trophies, each sillier than the last...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A lion wearing a crown? No chance!​

8. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    I'll take the smiley trophy anyday over the NWSL. Only awesome thing about winning the NWSL trophy is winning it as a champion of NWSL, top league of women's soccer world IMO.

blissett and sbahnhof repped this.
  9. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    [​IMG] Argentina women's competitions will return in a few days with the league's transitional tournament. And we've had a set of friendlies for the clubs of Primera División A, which was abandoned last season when the pandemic struck.

An overview of the games was on El Femenino site (16 Nov), and these were some of the scores, including league high-flyers San Lorenzo and River Plate:

Of course, there is a bigger story today in Argentina - the all-encompassing thread in The Beautiful Game forum has tributes to Diego Maradona.