SuperCoppa TIM - Inter vs Roma 08/26/06 pre/post match [R]

Discussion in 'Italy' started by SueB, Aug 25, 2006.

1. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Saturday's curtain-opener between Inter and Roma is going to be shown live on RAI International. Kickoff at the San Siro is at 2:45 pm EDT.

Here are the squads for the two teams:

Inter squad: Toldo, Julio Cesar, Carini; Zanetti, Grosso, Maicon, Materazzi, Samuel, Andreolli; Stankovic, Figo, Vieira, Dacourt, Cambiasso, Solari, Cesar; Ibrahimovic, Cruz, Adriano, Crespo, Recoba

Roma squad: Curci, Doni, Pipolo; Cassetti, Chivu, Cufrè, Ferrari, Mexes, Panucci; Aquilani, De Rossi, Faty, Mancini, Perrotta, Pizarro, Rosi, Taddei, Tonetto; Mido, Montella, Okaka, Totti

2. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm surprised RAI actually got the rights for this. Usually Mediaset owned the SuperCoppa rights.

3. Campioni_2006

Campioni_2006 New Member

Aug 15, 2006
    The scoreline is 3-1 at halftime in favour of Roma. Mancini scored the opener and Aquilani scored 2 after that. Then just before halftime Viera scored for Inter. Roma's playing quite well compared to Inter.

4. italianblood23

italianblood23 New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Near Philly
    nice, i thought our new players played great, except for grosso, but he will hopefully get the hang of it. Dont know whether adriano will be given many chances after todays weak performance. Any way, Maicon played great, And the second half was near flawless, PAZZA INTER

ps- a 4-3 comeback, it should have been nearly impossible, FIGO WAS ASTOUNDING. GREAT UNBELIEVABLE, the whole game.

FORZA NERRAZURRI
    FORZA INTER

5. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    Hahaha

Inter sucked. That was a great comeback but against any solid Serie A defense that would never happen. Roma's midfield is unbelievable with Perrotta, Mancini, Aquilani, and De Rossi..and they squashed Inter in the first half, but clearly ran out of gas in the second.

Too bad Roma's defense is horrendous. Panucci now blows and Cufre and Mexes aren't far behind. Chivu is good but today he sucked. Roma is going to be in a lot of shoot-outs this year.

6. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    More detailed game thread was posted in the Roma board:

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=400467

For some reason, there was no thread on the game in the Inter board. Nice game for neutral fans to watch. As an Italy fan, I was really encouraged by the performance of Aquilani in the first half. This could be his breakout season.

7. Figo7Ronaldo

Figo7Ronaldo Member

Jul 17, 2005
    Hamilton ON
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Luis figo played amazing..i love to see that from him.That was a great comeback inter played great after and what a goal by Luis Figo!!!!!

8. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Figo and Vieira were Inter's best players. Ibrahimovic sucked as usual. After watching that match I'm even more glad that Milan didn't buy Ibra.

9. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
  10. Figo7Ronaldo

Figo7Ronaldo Member

Jul 17, 2005
    Hamilton ON
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon