Zulte Waregem

Discussion in 'Belgium' started by Magpie Ranger, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Magpie Ranger

Magpie Ranger New Member

Oct 13, 2006
    Fantasy Island
    Hi Guys, any supporters out there?

What interest is there in the upcoming Newcastle game & how easy will it be to get tickets? I hear Ghent is a lovely town; we are all booked up but await ticket news. In any case we intend to have a bit of a party:) There will be 1,000 or so Toon supporters going over (if we get that many tickets) & everyone will be looking to enjoy their visit. Don't worry about trouble; we are too busy enjoying oursleves:)

How are your team doing this year?

2. destekke

destekke New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    I guess there will be a sufficient amount of tickets available.

I'm not a fan, so my vision of the team's results are more realistic :p
    Last season, the were 4th in the competitio, after just having promoted to the highest division. This year, their league position is a bit poor, but their performances in Europe are really good (1-4 at Austria Wien, 3 points against sparta praha, they won against Lokomotiv Moskou in an aggregate win) , but some are embarassing (6-2 at Osasuna, 1-4 at home against Ajax) .
    Newcastle will have no problem at all. Zulte don't stand a chance against the likes of Duff, Martins and N'Zogbia

3. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    A nice little twist you might not be aware off: a lot of the regular starters are semi-pros who still have day jobs like shoe salesman or construction worker.

4. Magpie Ranger

Magpie Ranger New Member

Oct 13, 2006
    Fantasy Island
    Sounds a bit like the line up of The Village People :)

More than anything we are going over to enjoy ourselves. We have a lot of injuries at the moment so I expect the game to be a lot closer than you may expect.

5. destekke

destekke New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    yeah, that 1-5 against Birmingham i saw on the BBC the other day was quite shocking :d
    I predicted an 8-1 victory for Newcastle at home, but that'll be less likely now ;)

6. Magpie Ranger

Magpie Ranger New Member

Oct 13, 2006
    Fantasy Island
    The mixture of injuries and playing kids is catching up with us. Still no news of tickets from Newcastle Ticket Office.

7. hell-side-boy

hell-side-boy New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Hombeek
    Go Newcastle I will support you for the game against [SIZE=-1]Zulte Quoi

[/SIZE]

8. Magpie Ranger

Magpie Ranger New Member

Oct 13, 2006
    Fantasy Island
    Does anyone know if ZW have sold all their tickets or if any are still on sale?

9. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I'd like to hear the reasoning for this. Why would you want to root against our only team left in Europe? Don't you want them to pick up UEFA points, so that Standard at least has somewhat of a chance at European football in the next few seasons.

10. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    That's a joke about the part timers right?

11. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    No, there's a construction worker, a shoe salesman and a HS gym teacher in the line-up, among others.

12. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    My dear lord.

Is this a normal thing in Belgium?

13. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    No, it's the only team in the Jupiler league with semi-pros on the roster. But that's part of their charm. Their European top scorer sells shoes during the day. :p

14. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    That's got to make the other Belgian teams feel like shit. A bunch of part timers are still in the tournament when they are all at home eating waffles.

15. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Actually, they turned this into a story about work ethic: the part timers still know what hard work is, while the spoiled pros don't seem to have the same desire for success.

16. Magpie Ranger

Magpie Ranger New Member

Oct 13, 2006
    Fantasy Island
    Well, here I am sitting in Newcastle as I couldn't get a ticket for the game.:( I should be sitting in a pub in Ghent & having a good laugh.

17. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    J'ai vu jouer Zulte contre le Sparta sur Eurosport, c'était sympa ! :)

18. Magpie Ranger

Magpie Ranger New Member

Oct 13, 2006
    Fantasy Island
    Sorry guys but it looks like we will now go through. An own goal, a dodgy penalty (Duff did dive) & a well taken 3rd goal will see us through.

Hope everyone there had a great time & a good drink afterwards :D