Zizou is set to return!

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Zidane05, Sep 26, 2005.

1. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I really want to either see Baptista played as an AM tomorrow, at least as the starter. ZZ can come on for him later in the match. Either that, or move Raul into an AM and play Baptista alongside Robinho. Baptista is obviously not as bad as some of these posts insinuate, scoring 50 goals in 2 years is proof. We just need to find his ideal position, something that should have been done while ZZ was out.

2. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I say go with Zidane and the Brasilian rising star, Robinho. Loads of creativity and unselfish.

3. Abe The Cop

Abe The Cop New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Robinho with Baptista in ronaldos position.

4. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    zizoyu wont be fit in time for olympiakos but says he will be back for mallorca at the weekend.
    this is ok. he will be fesh to play agaist mallorca rather than 80 or so % against olympiakos.

5. Madridi

Madridi Member

Sep 15, 2005
    The 971
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's true Zidane wont be able to play tommorow against Olympicos, I think we will do fine with out him with if Guti has a good night...It seems like they are taking this one very seriously, Luxe said "I dont care if we play well or not as long as we win".
    Im a bit dissapointed that Woodgate wont get the start but it was expected.
    I dont think this will be a walk in the park like many people are making it to be but we will have a good game and win.

My Prediction: Madrid 2 - Olympicos 1

6. shaf

shaf New Member

Aug 29, 2005
    Auckland, New Zealan
    Zidane and the wonderkid Robinho!

We need to put on our best team against Olympiacos, this is a must win game, leave guti on the bench (although hes a fantastic player) just the same as Baptista, in case either zidane or robinho aren't playing well.

1 game played in champions league, 1 game lost, we need this game, we need all three points.

/edit

Just read zidane wont be fit to play against Olympiacos... oh well, play Baptista and Robinho, for the Brazilian chemisty :D.

7. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    i think guti's form is begging for him to be picked, he played a good game on Sunday, that last pass that began the 3rd goal was quite nice. let guti get a run in the side i say. he is really talented, and I would like to see him back in the SPanish NT.

8. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree in principle, also considering Zidane has been out for some time and is poor match fitness comparatively.

However, what worries me is that Guti might disappear this game (he's not exactly known for consistency) and that the Greek champions might scrape a draw from 3 points we vitally need.

9. forcamadrid

forcamadrid Member

May 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Club:
    Real Madrid