Zidane out for 3 weeks!

Discussion in 'France' started by bwiorly, Sep 8, 2005.

1. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    our "kind of emmentaler" is beaufort.

1) better than any cheese watchmakers and bankers could ever make...

2) NO HOLES! :p

2. Garci

Garci Member

May 18, 2005
    Lausanne / Pully

I though our Emmental Président!!!! ;)

3. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    now i understand your confusion, because our president...

no beau

no fort

yes holes

4. Garci

Garci Member

May 18, 2005
    Lausanne / Pully
    Correct!

However, do you really think that Zidane will play? I think no, Real will not allow him to risk the end of the season!

5. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    if you were talking about (for example) drogba, chelsea and the ivory coast, i would see your point.

but the rapport de force here is different. zidane's not going to be made to stand in the corner if he decides he wants to play for france; on the contrary, he probably would get more support from press and fans than wanderlei or florentino if push came to shove, and at the slightest sign of a divorce his agent would have to get an unlisted number.

6. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  7. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    True, he is in the top 3 greats.

from Goal.com:

Zinedine Zidane has announced that he expects to be fit for Real Madrid's match with Mallorca on Sunday and will be available to play for France in their next World Cup qualifier at the start of next month.
    The former Juventus midfielder has been out of action since September 7, when he limped out of the French team's victory against the Republic of Ireland in Dublin.

Zidane was told that he would be out for three weks after picking up the groin injury and he has responded well to treatment and is set to return to action.

"That match (against Mallorca), plus five or six days of training with France, will allow me to be up to speed for the match in Switzerland,’’ he said.

"Except for a last-minute catastrophe, I will be able to play.

"I’ve run and played with the ball,’’ he said. "I didn’t push it, and I stuck to making short passes, but the feeling has been rather good. I didn’t feel any pain.’’

8. subbuteo

subbuteo New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    dude, try to post links, not whole articles/snippets.

~~~~
    Zidane's return is a blessing for anyone who loves the beautiful game!

9. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    in general i agree, although when the length is reasonable, i see nothing wrong with a little cut/paste.

but the most important point here is that the original text is in french. lefutur has made a special effort to offer information our monolingual friends here would otherwise not get, and as such deserves thanks rather than criticism.

10. Garci

Garci Member

May 18, 2005
    Lausanne / Pully
    I don't speak about press or fan's support... but Zidane is Real "employee"!!!! Real pay Zidane's wage and could ask him to not play if he will not have completly recover.

I hope for the show that he will play and that for the Swiss side, Wicky, Senderos and Frei will also fully recover before October 8, 2005.... :)