Zidan and Mido Not playing for Egypt Again

Discussion in 'Africa' started by soccer krazy, Apr 17, 2006.

1. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    The coach is not going to call up these 2 players anymore and that is a shame because they are some of the best egypt has, here is an article.

Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has declared he will never invite Germany-based striker Mohamed Zidan to join the national side.

Although the striker, on loan from Werder Bremen to Mainz 04, has been a consistent performer on the German club scene, Shehata claimed Zidan had no desire to play for his country.

"Zidan refused to join the team when we needed him most, before the Nations Cup. You can never count on these kind of players."

Shehata also reiterated his vow not to recall striker Ahmed "Mido" Hossam to the squad.

The Tottenham Hotspur striker was given a six-month suspension by the Egyptian Football Association (EFA), following an altercation with Shehata during their Nations Cup semi-final against Senegal in February.

"I do not need him in my squad and even if the EFA decides to end his suspension, I will not call him for the game against Spain in June," Shehata said.