ZICO : The Movie

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by SoccerScout, Aug 6, 2002.

1. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    ZICO : The Movie was anounced this week in Brazil. ZICO a movie about legendary Brazilian star of the 70's & 80's and current new Japan head coach should be released by years end. I imagine it will also be shown in Japan where Zico is also a hero.

I saw some footage on a Brazilian Sports show on Globo TV INternational and basicly its a movie that mixes real footage (goals, plays) with some acted scenes, almost a documentary. The soccer footage is awesome showing Zico shine for Flamengo in the 80's with many of his historic and beautiful goals and passes.

I hope it makes its way to the US at least on DVD through Internet purchase. A HUGE MUST if you can see it.

Keep in mind most Brazilian consider Zico a greater player than Maradona, Zico just failed to win a World Cup, but otherwise Zico was extraordinary.

2. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If most Brazilians consider Zico a better player than Maradona than I guess they consider him a better player than Pele. Because in my opinion Maradona was a better player than Pele.

3. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Nice logic there, genius. Stop trolling.

Actually, many Brazilians consider Garrincha superior to Pele and Maradona...

4. pololo

pololo Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Sweden/Stockholm
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I would love to see the movie.

5. FiveXChampion

FiveXChampion Member

Sep 23, 2000
    California
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Consider whatever you want. That doesn't mean that it is true. Pele was the greatest player to ever enter the pitch. Zico was indeed better than Maradona, but unfortunately he could not win the cup in 82, and in 86 his knee was too bad to play. Zico was the most amazing player with the ball. Garrincha was better than Maradona too.

6. Vampeta

Vampeta New Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Portland, OR., USA
    Let's not turn this into YET ANOTHER Pele vs.
    Maradona thread, shall we? :rolleyes:

I also would love to see the movie.

7. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    I couldn't agree more.

Zico will always have a place in Japanese fans' hearts. He is a big reason why Japan came from pretty much nothing in 1990 to a pretty decent team in 2002. Not only was he a great player, he also has an amazing eye for talent.

8. FiveXChampion

FiveXChampion Member

Sep 23, 2000
    California
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: ZICO : The Movie

...And he was counselor for Zagallo and Parreira in 94.

Boy, I remember Rivelino playing for Fluminense, and Zico for Flamengo. FlaxFlus at those times were real classics, and the Maracana was always full.

9. Sao Taffarel

Sao Taffarel New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Zico was involved in 1998 not 1994. Does the movie contain his goals in the Brazilian shirt in the 1970s? Would love to have the video of Brazil's 4-1 win over Italy in 1976.