Zamparini WANTS Uefa exit...

Discussion in 'Palermo' started by Cassano, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  2. bineaz

bineaz New Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Illinois
    Zamparini follows in the long line of Italian owners that are twats. They just cannot leave well enough alone.

Remember this is the guy that ran Guidolin out of town after winning them promotion from Serie A and a European place. This recent statement, while cynically realistic, is a ball- and morale-buster for the players. What's the use of winning or doing well in Serie A if you don't want to compete in Europe. Stronzo.

3. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe he thinks this is the year that Palermo could compete for the Scudetto.

4. AmericanRosanero

AmericanRosanero New Member

Dec 11, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
    Yep. In a year where A.C. started gimped for three games, Inter being good old Inter, and The Old Lady a letter behind us, this could be a VERY heated race for the Scudetto. But I think he's nuts. Isn't Amarui cup-tied? So we can play Carra?!?! Has no one seen this? Mincha...

5. Kenntak

Kenntak New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Florida
    I don't know what to think of this. I don't think I ever heard an owner stating that he wants his team to lose. I wonder how this will affect the players.

6. tutto_azzurri

tutto_azzurri New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    toronto
    good idea.. i agree with him... who cares about uefa anyway..

7. ForzaItalia117

ForzaItalia117 New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    I've never heard of an owner wanting his team to lose in a competition like the UEFA cup, nor do I agree with it. However, the first thing on his mind is winning the Scudetto this season, and if he thinks the players wouldnt have a chance to win it if they had to play in the UEFA cup, then maybe they can't. We'll see how good of shape this team is in once this 6 or 8 or however many game spree in a short time period is over.

8. Tuscany

Tuscany New Member

Apr 19, 2006
    UAE
    i am shocked !!
    Italian clubs have been dropped to the third rank in UEFA yearly ranking because of continuous disppointed results. I remember how UEFA Cup was another phase of Coppa Italia !! The Italian teams were so suceeded during the 90s.

This is a riddle to me which i want to solve. I think people originally from Italy can help me. Serie A is a precious title, i admit it , but why the mentality of the Italian clubs have changed ? why they don't care about the UEFA CUP any more?

The Only reason i see clearly now, which is the reason for Zamparini's statement, is that competing for the CL spot is better economically than winning the UEFA CUP itself !!!
    so, there is a hole in the UEFA system in my opinion.

looking at the Asian Confederation, they have Asian CL which is a competition for highly ranking nations (Japan, KSA, Iran, UAE, Korea, China, etc) and there is ASIA Confederation Cup which is designed for the second string of the continent such as (Oman, India, Lebanon, Pakisan etc) ..

what i want to say , this is the right time for the UEFA to improve the CL and segregate between top nations and lower nations ..

however, honestly i see the Italian are the ONLY nation to ignore the UEFA CUP since 2000 ..

For example, Parma in 2005 was playing with second string all the way , and in some way Lazio did in 2003 .. and not forget the Milan dual in 2002 .
    these examples are the best ones for the Italian presence since the emerging of UEFA CUP and the Winner's CUP .

back to the main topic, Italy are in the third country ranking for the 2007 season, and UEFA CUP results are very much affecting !

I was hoping Palermo could bring UEFA CUP back to Italy , or even Livorno .. but ... .