Yunus Musah at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Jun 19, 2019.

1. DCU1984

DCU1984 Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting, curious what they think of RLC who has been invisible the last 2 games. I agree that Musah should contribute more to the attack but the whole midfield has been lacking.

Winoman, glutton4Bolts and TimB4Last repped this.
  2. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah... Reijnders' form has also dropped significantly since the start of the season. As such and somewhat surprisingly, I think Musah might be the best CM they have on the roster. Obviously he still has aspects of his game that he needs to improve upon but I am so content w/ how he is progressing so early in his career at Milan.

acima and nbarbour repped this.
  3. nbarbour

nbarbour Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't disagree with their assessment of Musah (he is oh so close, just needs to take that next step), but their take on Reijnders is baffling to me. He has been wildly inconsistent to my eyes.

4. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Member+

Nov 10, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Reijdmers IMO needs a rest just not enough rotation

RunthePoint and glutton4Bolts repped this.
  5. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed.

RunthePoint repped this.
  6. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    First he needs to get through the busy holiday season.

7. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just what I was thinking. He's basically moonlighting with Santa right now.

TimB4Last repped this.
  8. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Once again, you don’t measure fatigue so much by playing time as you do by mileage.

9. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I am not as big on him needing to open his scoring account. He does a lot of things amazingly well for such a young lad and he just needs to continue to develop. Ngolo never scored lots of goals and he has managed to become a pretty fair footballer. Not to make any comparisons other than the fact that scoring is not the only way for a midfielder to become valuable to his team.

10. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    #2660 FC Tallavana, Dec 4, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2023
    He leads the regulars in SoT% (71.4). Pulisic (62.5) is next. RLC (25) and Reijndeers (14.3) are well off the pace. Eventually Musah will get some past the keeper and woodwork. RLC doesn't play defense and can't pass longer than about 15 yards. Reijnders couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with his shot from a yard away.

11. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    These reindeer jokes are sleighing me.

Pegasus and Anderson11 repped this.
  12. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RLC plays defense.

His presence there was clearly missed when out.

13. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RLC definitely doesn't play a defensive position... so I assume you meant that a significant portion of his value comes from the D he brings in the midfield. I guess I would agree with that. Although I admired his O qualities early in his Chelsea career. AAR, one wonders if RLC has some Yank blood in him because injuries have certainly curtailed his development. He may have been fit enough to play recently, but I am not seeing the physical explosiveness that I saw when he was younger. I am going to be a bit more patient because sometimes it takes guys a lot longer to go from "ready to play" to "playing at their best".

14. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
  15. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Rolling on, per SempreMilan …

“Instead of opting for the 4-2-3-1, Pioli is due to revert to a 4-3-3 formation. As such, Yunus Musah will likely act as the deepest of the three, giving Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Tijjani Reijnders slightly more advanced roles and a bit more freedom to attack.”

Probable Milan XI (4-3-3): Maignan; Calabria, Tomori, Hernandez, Florenzi; Loftus-Cheek, Musah, Reijnders; Chukwueze, Giroud, Pulisic.

Winoman repped this.
  16. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    Musah starts for AC Milan in their visit today to Atalanta.

Winoman repped this.
  17. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Musah didn’t score or assist but he was playing more advanced last weekend and had several great moves.

18. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Pulisic and Musah start vs Newcastle. Win puts them in Europa League at least; win plus Dortmund win over PSG keeps them in Champions League. And Leao is back.

Winoman and usnroach repped this.
  19. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I guess this guy doesn't get a lot of attention because his game is so unspectacular? He is a really solid player and most of what he does is spot on. He is just good enough that he can do what is required, and he works his tail off. He seems to just keep on doing his job, and pops up pretty regular right where you needed a capable somebody to be.

This guy might end up being pretty good at this game of football.

Anderson11 repped this.
  20. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He gets plenty of attention here.

21. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    In McKennie and Musah, we have two of the world’s most versatile players. Neither will be world class at any position, but all a manager has to do is plug them in and press play.

Gotberg and usnroach repped this.
  22. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    No Musah today. I saw a few comments after the midweek match that Musah is having muscle issues.

23. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    “Pioli will have to do without the likes of Davide Calabria and Yunus Musah tomorrow, with the former serving a suspension and the latter suffering from muscle fatigue.”

I haven’t seen anything more specific.

Winoman and schrutebuck repped this.
  24. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle FC
    Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty reasonable he sits the odd game out. He's covered a lot of ground and played a lot of minutes recently

TimB4Last and Winoman repped this.
  25. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Yeah, he was due a rest. Kind of his turn to rotate. Wild if you think about it, he is sitting out because he has played too many minutes.