1. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Mudryk got a standing o? He couldn't have been that good. He did outplay kroos from the 40 min that i watched. He was solid but not pantheon level football God.

Bondarenko? They have a Bondar at CB who is solid but hasn't broken in like Sikan, konoplia, sudakov, and mudryk. Shakta has an impressive collection of young ukrainian talent. Don't know if they will have the patience to let them blossom

2. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Mudryk looked tired to me in the 1st half, wasn't as active as I expected. In the 2nd half he had 2 runs where he beat several players, he was unselfish setting up a player to take a 2-1 lead and the shot was unfortunately blocked, in hindsight he should've shot it himself right at the top of the box

It wasn't a full stadium ovation, but when he was subbed off he walked around the pitch, the fans near him all clapped for him. Bernabeau culture is like you're going to the Opera, they expect a masterpiece. When they see talent they acknowledge it

Spanish journalist in Kyiv for the Barca game said Barca were linked with Tysgankov and he should be playing in Spain somewhere for the last 2 years. These kids are good they just stagnate in Ukraine, need to get them abroad much sooner like in Yugoslavia, that's the only benefit of having a poor domestic league...

3. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Bondarenko made football.ua starting 11 of the week.

Chernomorets: Gio Tsitashvilli looked lethal. It was against Rux but he was gliding his way through defenders with ease. Good on Georgia for caping him. Overall, young chernomorets got out of the relegation zone. Artur Avahimyan is on older propesct (24) but he has looked dangerous, productive despite being supported by bunch of teenagers in attack. He played for UA youth but surprised he has never been called up by Armenia.

Seleznov is still goal-less. He's hell bent on getting the goal record, saying he is going to play until he gets it. Minai is heading for relegation, maybe he can latch on with Metalist next year

4. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I'm confused, you said you don't know of a Bondarenko? He played for Shakhtar this weekend and got into the UPL team of the week??

Yea surprised he's not capped by Armenia, I've got a few buddies from there and they are fighting with Romania, Macedonia & Iceland for 2nd place. They have some kid from USA plays in MLS even. Would be ridiculous if Gio ends up making it into a good pro. He was fantastic in that u-20 World Cup and that slalom game-winning goal in the Final was like a video game or young Messi

Seleznyov is being such a mafia thug its unreal. I've not watched the clips because its just too cringey for me, but the headlines alone are hilarious enough

5. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Shocking late collapse by Shakhtar @ home v. Sherriff, what an embarrassing European season for Ukraine, if Zorya win tmrw its the worst since 2003, if they don't guessing mid 90's or so

On the positive side our players played high level games and the national team members performed admirably. Zabarniy is top class, Shaparenko is a dream of a center mid at the moment, Tysgankov has impressed (sad he missed an open netter today), Tymchyk also is an advanced stats beast at times, shocking he nor Karavayev start over the Pole tho usually...the Shakhtar youngsters have shown lots of promise, and Dynamo u19 squad having a great tourney so far, dumped Barca & Bayern academy out

Btw faux Dnipro is looking really good last 2 months. They'll be a noticeable improvement over Kolos next season if they can finish in Europa spots. Vorskla elimination was unforgiveable, they better redeem themselves next season

6. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    This is certainly a low point for the League and quite the fall from 8-10 years ago when we had 4 very good clubs. It appears the UPL have lost an automatic qaulifier for champions league.

But plenty reason to be optimistic. Like Footy said, Dnipro-1 (please change the logo) has looked like a worthy bronze medal contender. Dovbyk continues to blossom and watch out for Hutsylak who appears to be coming into form lately.

Shakhtar has developed an impressive class of Ukrainian attacking players. I never thought I would be saying that. Mudryk looks special. For me, his ceiling is higher than Yarmola and Konoplyanka. I don't know if Petrakov is going to trust him in March and it would probably be a bad idea for his first international to be a playoff.

Metalist is coming and they already look like the 4th best team in Ukraine.

Kryvbas appears to have the infrastructure to be a solid mid-level contributor.

Hope springs eternal and I'm excited for next season. This year...there's just no intrigue left. No Europe. Shaktar will probably walk away with the title. Hopefully, Chernomorets can stay up but most of their team is loanees. So there's no telling what their roster will look like next year

Kolos, Inguleyts, Veres and Minai are great stories but they shouldn't be supporting the mid level foundation of the league. It would be nice to get the old guard back. Karpaty are in position to promote from the 3rd to the 2nd as is Metalurg Z.

7. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    There's a 17 year old kid at faux-Dinpro who Guardian included in their annual 100 rising stars article. I looked at other years and there are surprisingly a lot of guys who they correctly predicted to become stars

I'm surprised Ukraine doesn't employ more Yugoslavian managers. Croatian guy at faux-Dnipro has them humming and confidence is bubbling. If you take the point totals for the 2021 calendar year I bet they are even closer than the 7 pts that separate them from the big 2 clubs

Glad to hear Metalist is coming back, I think next season could be very interesting again. Then again, who knows with rumors of war and a Russian invading looming. How fitting that our powerful league ruined by war, now 8 years later when its about to get spicy again war could erupt again. God forbid nothing more than just NATO pressure by Sauron

Imagine if we manage to qualify for the World Cup, it'll take place beginning in Nov., and our 5 clubs in Europe are Shakhtar, Dynamo, Dinipro-1, Zorya & Vorskla...hopefully after the World Cup in winter Surkis has some decency and lets our stars go abroad and flourish...

8. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Another super easy comfortable win for faux-Dnipro today

The 17 year old lads name is Yegor Yarmolyuk, he came on for 7 minute cameo today and he has 3 league starts this season. He started a game last season @ 16, somehow the Guardian knows about these diamonds and he was featured in their brand new top 100 stars u17

9. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine

I think he was the kid that was on the u21 recently. He may be the youngest debutant in the UPL since Maxym Koval. Yeah, good on the guardian. They seem to go far and wide with these lists - India, China, Malaysia but I've never heard of guys from there make noise in European club football and their national teams can't qualify to WC from Asia. A side note, Malaysia is football mad. I've seen a few Copa90 videos about their ultras and they rival the best South American atmospheres. Another side note, I think Roman Eremenko's little brother made the list a few years ago.

Espn had a similar list recently and it was comically bad in scope. They just asked themselves "who are the best young players in the Super League." But thats par for the course for the network.

10. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    #35 FootyFan365, Dec 12, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
    Yea he was 16 last season when he was handed his 1st appearance!

I've seen some of those Malaysia fan tifos btw you're right, very underrated atmospheres. I think LAFC atmosphere in MLS is underrated too. I went to USA v. Mexico qualifier in Cincy last month, was better atmosphere than Croatia qualifier in Split and the Belgrade Derby i went to in Sept. lmao!

I dug through those Guardian articles to test if this Yaremchuk kid being included means anything special, and was shocked how many household names today were unknowns on that list a few years ago its legit. I noticed a kid named Eremenko and was wondering what that was about wow. About to check where he's at now. Eremenko was very solid on that Dynamo team in 2009 that went to the Europa semifinals

Edit: wow he was suspended for cocaine use between 2016-2018. Still playing in Russia but seems like that's what dropped him from the Finnish squad. His brother is obscure in Finland yet dropped from Finnish youth setup to play for Russia, failed 6 month loan stint @ Spartak, weird. Dynamo Kyiv should buy him and revive his career haha..

11. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Mikolenko to Everton for 23 mil. Seems like a hard rumor. Wait a see.

He's had some gaffes this year. He's no where near what Liverpool have in Robertson and Alexander-Arnols. Maybe they'll try him out at CB

I don't keep track of transfers so I don't even know the value

12. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Lucas Digne fell out of favor with Rafa Benitez, they need a new LB desperately. Seems like Roma wanted him for $18M and Everton will outbid them. Fantastic news if true

Mykolenko is an athlete, he's got the type of physique & attributes suited for EPL. Not sure if you use Fotmob app but its a fantastic way to study player performances. Not only do they show final game rating like Sofascore, but if you click on the players face (lineup tab) it will breakdown all the advanced statistics. Almost every Champs League game or Ukraine game he has very solid stats, his 'ghost stats' are solid. Sobol is an absolute beast in ghost stats as well, guy needs to play in a top 5 league as well

Mykolenko biggest weakness is a habit of diving at inopportune times. He did it v. Holland gifting away a goal, shockingly did it again next game v. Macedonia and I saw him do it recently v. Bayern I think.

13. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Mykolenko indeed to Everton, Supryaga to Sampdoria too, and Ignachenko from Dnipro to Bordeaux. Mudryk turned down Brentford. There should be about 10 more Ukrainians abroad in top 5 leagues. Hopefully see Tsygankov & Shaparenko leave next winter at the latest

Btw Dynamo u19 squad won @ Deportivo in front of 25,000 fans @ Riazor today to advance to the u19 Champions League sweet 16. Shakhtar were runners-up to Chelsea about 5 years ago. This is a cool new culture most people don't realize is essentially the footy version of March Madness

14. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Dynamo Kyiv u19 will play their sweet 16 matchup v. Sporting Lisbon in Romania tmrw @ 8am EST. Was originally scheduled to take place in Lobanovsky on March 2nd. The winner will face Benfica (Dynamo's group stage opponent)

This is a beautiful generation. They destroyed Barca & Bayern and narrowly finished 2nd in the group behind Benfica, then defeated Spanish champions Deportivo La Coruna on penalties in front of 20,000 fans @ Riazor. They've had Lucescu with them in Romania last few weeks so hopefully can keep the dream going. If they win the quarterfinal will be a home game as well. Final 4 takes place @ UEFA HQ as per tradition

15. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Valiant effort fought back from 2-0 down early, lost 2-1 with several chances to equalize and a corner in the 93rd min last kick of the game. Only 1 player collapsed on the pitch afterward in that traditional soccer snowflake style. Everyone else stood shook hands and walked off the field like a man. Had the game taken place in Kyiv when it should probably could've won

16. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Also a ridiculous thing happened in Europa today, Lyon scored a goal against West Ham today via an assist from Tete of Shakhtar, he was signed by them a few weeks ago after UEFA allowed foreign players from Ukraine to sign temporary contracts with former clubs

Young unproven Shakhtar signing also signed a loan with Real Madrid for a year with an option to buy I believe

17. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    As much as I wanted Ukraine Villarreal Indiana Pacers to win today, just found out them losing secured Shakhtar an automatic spot in Champs League next season. That should hopefully bring back some of their new young foreign talent. They just signed Neres from Ajax in winter window for fvcks sake

Also think they said 5-10% of UEFA tv revenue next season will be donated to UPL, that's probably be like 10x more revenue than UPL clubs ever received in one season? Not sure what type of numbers those are but that's a generous gesture