Youth Yanks Abroad (1997s or later)

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Balerion, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Based on what the coach has said, it seems like he will be signing. They only have one GK on the roster, and the other guy in contention for a spot is a keeper from their youth teams. It would seem like Silva is ahead of him/better than him. And teams need three keepers, anyway.

I read what the fans had to say, and supposedly he did well in the game he played on Tuesday. He played the first half, the other young keeper played the second half. Silva kept a clean sheet in his half, the other guy gave up a goal. They have two more games this weekend, so maybe he'll play again.

I believe he has a Portuguese passport, although I can't find confirmation. Wouldn't be a bad level to sign at. I think the SPL is a worse league than MLS, but its been a decent club the last few years. The first keeper is a new signing from Czech Republic. 32 year old keeper without much of a resume. It seems a situation where he could break through in a few years, if he signed there.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport...-12850389?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

2. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    I think that Tillman is the most under hyped player in our system. For me he should be very favorably compared to Parks.

3. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The great thing is if we eventually get Timothy Tillman, there's a strong chance we'd get Malik too.

Lookingforleftbacks repped this.
  4. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    From what I've read and seen, he's a skilled attacking mid, mostly a winger, but can play centrally. The problem I've seen and read about is that the performances aren't there consistently. And I actually saw that in a two-legged series between Munich and Schalke U-19's a year ago. He was bad the first match, great the second match. Bayern fans have mentioned his mentality a lot in a negative way.

TCS35 repped this.
  5. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    Yes, but potential is very high. And if our best CM ever played LB for Ajax then skilled Bayern LW might be great for us in the middle.

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  6. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    This is good news, but its also unfortunate because he will have 2 (maybe only 1) preseason match to impress the manager. The other youth players in preseason training are going to get up to four games.

Namdynamo, SCSAutism, Sombrerito and 3 others repped this.
  7. Sombrerito

Sombrerito Member

Arsenal
    United States
    May 6, 2018
    I agree but hey as long as he's in line to be on the first team somewhere next team is progress. The more young attackers we have developing, the better.

Lookingforleftbacks repped this.
  8. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    They really like him, Ramos highly rates him. If he can stay healthy, he will be fine. I fully expect him to play somewhere in BL next year.

9. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    EPB going on loan to NAC for the season.

Understand it financially, but still frustrating the clubs he turned down to sign with City and is now going on loan with a club like NAC. Oh well, at least he can get consistent minutes.

Winoman repped this.
  10. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He doesn’t seem to have the best agent/advisor. Seems to be on the Gale career track

11. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Agbossoumonde only played 8 top flight games in Europe (in any league) during his career. EPB played 9 during his half-season loan.

His path so far is more comparable to Miazga. They left at the same age and same window. Miazga got two games at Chelsea that half-season, EPB went on loan and got 9 games at a lower level. Miazga was loaned out late in the 2016 summer window, and took some time to establish himself as a starter at Vitesse, but was by the end of his first season. Then he had a very good second season. Vitesse and Breda are both feeder clubs. The difference is that Vitesse is a better team than Breda. Chelsea's feeder club is more successful than Man City's. At the same age, they also had the same number of NT caps. And I think Palmer-Brown is a better talent with a more complete game than Miazga.

I don't like the loan either. I think he could play at a higher level, and I would've preferred he sign with a smaller club where he can establish himself instead of the yearly loans. But the difference is probably not much. If you play well, you'll move up. Thats what Miazga did. Palmer-Brown is further ahead at the same age, and likely should in a couple of years be playing in a big league.

largegarlic repped this.
  12. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Palmer Brown has never played a full season as a regular starter. He's been on loan to three different teams now and never gotten a full time role anywhere.

Miazga established himself as a vital regular for Red Bulls and then has played the last two seasons at the same place as a regular starter.

I don't think it's a stretch to say Palmer-Brown's career route up until this point has not been ideal at all.

13. ckajMonet

ckajMonet Member

Spurs
    United States
    Jun 8, 2017
    #3113 ckajMonet, Jul 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
    Ledezma is trialing w/ PSV this week -

14. kba4life1

kba4life1 Member+

Jul 14, 2010
    Irvine, CA
    He turns 18 on September 6, for those wondering.

ChuckMe92, Winoman and ussoccer97531 repped this.
  15. largegarlic

largegarlic Member+

Jul 2, 2007
    That's what I think too. I suppose a lot hangs on where Miazga ends up by August, but so far the path he took seems to be working. He established himself as a starter in the Eredivisie and looked much improved in the USMNT friendlies this spring. NAC is little bit worse than Vitesse, but EPB is essentially on that same trajectory, despite the much discussed hiccups in his journey to this point.

16. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, but it is a stretch to compare him to Agbossoumonde, who made dumber choices in his career (Traffic??), was not nearly as talented a prospect (despite some hype), and who (IIRC) did not display all that much professionalism (he certainly didn't stick around places very long).

Sandon Mibut repped this.
  17. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The analogy was only supposed to be stretched as far as Palmer Brown also jumping around to multiple teams and never settling.

18. It's up to him self now. He's in the hands of a very good coach now at NAC. I've a very high respect for this coach. So EPB's qualities will be pulled out by him or they donot exist. I hope for the first.
    He had a CD on loan from PSV and this guy was under his management the leading defender in the league before he got injured.

Pegasus and Winoman repped this.
  19. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--

Lookingforleftbacks, Peretz48 and ielag repped this.
  20. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Richards has started in germany............

The partnership between FC Bayern and MLS club FC Dallas is starting to bear fruit. Defender Chris Richards (18) will join the FC Bayern Campus from the Texans’ youth academy and play for the FCB U19s coached by Sebastian Hoeneß.

“Chris made a very good impression during his trial in Munich, so we’ve decided to bring him here and give him a chance to play for our U19s,” commented Campus director Jochen Sauer: “We have a lot of confidence in him.”

TxEx and TheFalseNine repped this.
  21. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    1016345980525047810 is not a valid tweet id

TxEx, ckajMonet and Winoman repped this.
  22. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas

Seems like Josh Sargent is doing.................something? Tor is "goal" so that's good.
    In this lineup with Aron Johannsson.

23. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sargent scored within two minutes of the start of the second game of the day.

Winoman repped this.
  24. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    TheFalseNine and Winoman repped this.
  25. TheFalseNine

TheFalseNine Moderator
    Staff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 15, 2014
    Norman, Okla.
    Club: