Youth Yanks Abroad, ‘01-‘04 YOBs (and younger): 2019/20 Thread

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by TheFalseNine, Jul 20, 2019.

1. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I absolutely see Armas being ushered out quicker because Clark is signed. Not necessarily because of Clark himself but rather that he is proof of concept that there is an alternative route to stock up the talent pipeline.

Patrick167 repped this.
  2. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Interesting.

One to watch.

The 23s for the 2024 Olympic cycle are gonna be loaded in goal.

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  3. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    This could....................finally be the day.

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  4. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas

5. David Kerr

David Kerr Member+

United States
    Oct 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Should be noted that Lukas Tamarez, although very good, is doubtful for the 2023 u20’s who are already loaded at the 6. He’ll likely have to get Bundesliga minutes or a loan to find first team minutes to break into this cycle

Greyson Dettoni also is not u17 eligible for 2023 as he’s an 05. If he keeps progressing he’ll likely be the starter for the 2025 cycle when it begins

6. David Kerr

David Kerr Member+

United States
    Oct 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In regards to Clark, I teeter totter on his level and potential very often but this is because I’ve been watching him be hit or miss in games since he was at Barca AZ where he’d be invisible or dominant with no in between

For NYRB2, Caden had his moments but most of his standout performances were against the weaker teams in the USL (Philly 2 for example) but nonetheless Caden still showed a few moments every game of the potential he had.

For NYRB in MLS overall I thought most of his performances outside of the bangers were very underwhelming but also promising because Caden is an 03. His debut goal is notable and a real take away of his potential quality. His other two goals are right place right time volleys that I expect any attacker who is YNT level to bury.

Caden’s spatial awareness is good and getting better but not great. He does a great job checking his shoulder but his movement off the ball and where he decides to show and receive the ball could still be better as a 10, this was noticeable especially in USL. I do think this is improves with more MLS experience and something that RBL really refines for Caden.

The biggest issue I have with Caden’s game right now is security on the ball. Very often Caden wants to make the flashy play or his the exciting pass that will wow fans. This is great that he wants to do this but also leads to him being a turnover machine in games. Caden still has to learn when and where to make the blockbuster play attempts. He tried this very often (and got away with it often) in the DA but at the pro level they stop most of it. This again is an issue that mostly just has to get ironed out with more consistent MLS/higher level minutes.

A huge positive of Caden’s is his father being a strength and conditioning coach who works with professional athletes. The first positive is that it helps Caden be more mature and professional off the field because of examples that have been set in front of him since an early age. The obvious benefit of this as well is that Caden will physically be ready for the Bundesliga and will know how to reduce injuries and overall stay healthy. This is very underrated considering how many youth are we have to bubble wrap because they are constantly injured

In 2021 we need Caden to get consistent minutes for NYRB which right now seems to be the plan. Is he going to keep his production up? Almost certainly no but that’s unreasonable to expect of an 03 who wasn’t nearly as productive in USL. The big question I have is will Caden be good enough for the RBL first team in 2022, will he go on loan, or will he go to the u19 or reserve team. I don’t think Caden is nearly as ready as Tyler Adams was when Tyler was noticeably the best player on a Red Bulls playoff team. Overall I’m incredibly optimistic on this kid’s future

deejay, Patrick167 and Luksarus repped this.