You're the coach: does Beckerman go to England?

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by greenie, Aug 8, 2002.

1. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    Last night against the Burn the Rapids were without any offensive subs on the bench. Not to mention, playing with only one true forward.

Meanwhile, Beckerman and Trembly are busy guzzling pints in England with a squad of U23s that hardly represents our best group of young'uns.

If you were Hankinson, would you have released Beckerman for this trip?

I find it hard believe that Mooch and US Soccer would be able to force the Rapids into releasing Backstreet Beckerman and Hampton Roads.

2. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    I'm not up on the FIFA or whatever release rules at any level, so I sure don't know the whole story on a U-23 tourney that's not the U-23 WCs. However, I would have at least fought Beckerman's trip big time if I were Tim H. In his defense, Musa's injury, and perhaps the seriousness of Spenny's, may not have been known yet when Beckerman left. (I've only been to one training scrimmage so I wouldn't know if it's the case, I'm just throwing it out there as a possbility).

But, this could have been anticipated as well. If Trembly gets 40 seconds playing time, it's worth going for him, but I would have fought to keep Beckerman here.

3. wcgcapone

wcgcapone Member

Feb 6, 2001
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those toothless bastards can keep Hampton Roads Seth for all I care.

4. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    I'm pretty sure the U23s just finished their tour -- I think the game against ManUre reserves was their last one.

Anyone know if Backstreet Beckerman will be available for the Crew match?

5. cldiscodan

cldiscodan New Member

Feb 12, 2002
    Hampton Roads = Trembly?

Explain