Your verdict on SWP

Discussion in 'England' started by Alan D, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    To quote none other than myself:

2. lanman

lanman BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 30, 2002
    Which Routledge is this, because you cannot be talking about the one at Spurs.

3. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    You're right, im talking about the one on loan at Fulham, the one who was awesome on loan at P'mouth last year, the kid who played every minute of the season Palace were relegated yet gets rested "so he doesn't burn out"....Inconsistent, hell yes. BUT the only English winger with skills that even compare to Cristiano's, as much pace as SWP (tho. perhaps not that of Lennon or T-Dub).
    Nearly every game I've seen him in he does something fantastic that could change said game. Sure, he's not without flaw, but the UPSIDE (u do know what that is, right?) he has gives me alot more reason to think he COULD become the real deal than having to watch SWP embarrass daddy further.....
    But then Wrighty would'a had us believe than Sinclair was doing a good job in the 02 WC.....

4. Spur_Forever

Spur_Forever Member

Oct 1, 2005
    DC
    As has been said time and time again, SWP needs to leave Chelsea in order to fulfil his full potential. Parker realised it, even someone with the talent of Duff had enough. And I think every England fan is hoping that Joe Cole has also made the right decision to keep on plugging along.

But the sooner SWP leaves, the better. Though the likes of Makelel will soon be leaving, Chelsea will just keep on adding 2 or 3 world class players every season, and it will just keep getting harder for him to break in.

As for England, we absolutely need him in the set-up. Lennon is obviously his direct competition and just edges him out at the moment, just on the basis that when fit, Lennon plays for his club. And while Lennon is a little bit quicker (and a more natural winger), SWP has a much better eye for goal. Ideally I'd like to see them both in the same team (just imagine them constantly switching wings throughout the game) with a central midfield of Gerrard and Hargreaves.

5. LetsGoYanks

LetsGoYanks Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Dirty South
    He needs to cut bait with Chelsea and move somewhere he can play consistently. He's a great talent, but I don't see him ever becoming a part of the regular 11 at Chelsea.

6. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lennon gets the nod over him because he is playing consistently.
    I think he should leave Chelsea and try some where else.

Maybe playing both one on the right wing and 1 on the left