Your Squad Pick for Euro 2016

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Italy-Azzurri-Fan, Jul 19, 2015.

1. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Zaza, Giovinco, Insigne, Verratti, Eder.
    These are all small players. How many can Conte realistically field at the same time in an 11. Two is what I'm thinking.
    Therefore at least possibly two you would think would have to be surplus to requirements and would be cut from the final 23.

2. sheva_7

sheva_7 Member

May 12, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Berardi
    Bona-Sapo-Insigne
    DDR-Verratti
    Anto-Roma-Barzagli-Darmian
    Buffon

or

Berardi-Insigne
    Bona-DDR-Verratti-Marchisio
    Anto-Roma-Barzagli-Darmian
    Buffon

3. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Starting ddr and veratti over Marchisio?

4. sheva_7

sheva_7 Member

May 12, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I think you're really clueless if you want Bertomerda to play in the Euro's
    This guy shouldn't even play in Serie A

whill4, calabrese8 and Rossonero23 repped this.
  5. sheva_7

sheva_7 Member

May 12, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Marchisio doesn't strike me as a player who could work in a double-pivot
    Either way I prefer the 4-4-2 formation over the 4-2-3-1 one

6. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    He played in the double pivot vs Napoli. I think he could play in a double pivot next to Verratti allowing him to venture forward.

Rosay, Calcio Pauly and Rossonero23 repped this.
  7. sheva_7

sheva_7 Member

May 12, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    In the contrary Marchisio would have to sacrifice himself and play more defensively if partnered with Verratti that's why I don't like him there it'd be a waste of his abilities...he's better off as an RM in a 4-4-2 where he has more license to attack imo

He's not a holding midfielder who plays in front of the defense...he's better when given more freedom to move/charge forward

8. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    For 2 seasons now he has proven that his best position is as a holding midfielder. Him playing a more defensive role is actually a better use of his abilities. Marchisio starting as a DM as a DM would improve Italy's defence ten fold just like he did for Juve and he can come in with a Pirlo esque passes once in a while.

Marchisio is a far superior player at DM then as a B2B.

9. sheva_7

sheva_7 Member

May 12, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I dunno man...I think Italy needs all the help they can get in attack
    That attack ain't looking so hot and that's why I thought he'd be more useful as a B2B for Italy but that's just me

10. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Zaza is 6'1...

Rosay, La Magica and phat repped this.
  11. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    he's not what you would call stocky though and for a forward he is below average in height so the comments still stand.

12. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Lewandowski: 6'0
    Higuain: 6'0
    Augero: 5'8
    Kane: 6'2
    Vardy: 5'10
    Suarez: 6'0
    Tevez: 5'8
    Diego Costa: 6'2

Please, get a clue. Zaza is taller than both Gabbiadini and Immobile. You don't need to be "stocky" to be a forward lol. You comment does not stand...its moronic.

Rosay and Stamos repped this.
  13. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So players play taller than others. For instance, Gabbiadini is better than Zaza in the air. They are both 6'1 though I always thought Zaza was shorter.

Physical stature is important though. Muscle strength, build etc. No way Messi becomes the player he is if he has the slight build of a Giovinco for instance.

Though not sure why I'm responding to you because you obviously already know everything there is to know about the subject.

Rosay and Rossonero23 repped this.
  14. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Don't forget Giovinco. He is a starter but of course he plays for a league thats not that good, but still he broke tons of records, and when we recently fielded him for the Azzurri he changed the whole game and was always hitting the targets, involved in both goals against norway. Of course we all know Giovinco is NO Suarez, or Lewandowski, but still with the support we have we don't need a striker like that. Look at Germany and Belgium, their teams are world class. Lukaku is a great player but again he is no Lewandowski or anything, he has potential and is more in form but still he can't dribble and gives the ball away easily, yet he is still used. For Germany Klose retired and Gotze has been played as striker and again he is a good player but he is no Suarez or Mandzukic. The best option for Germany would honestly be to put Muller as striker, but anyway enough about Germany.

Immobile is shit and only does good for Torino. I don't trust him.

Zaza is a great backup and has showed his capability, but not quite a starting player for a team that wants to win the euros if you ask me. Zaza is the type of striker we expect to see on teams more like Czech Republic, Turkey, Switzerland, etc, not Italy.

Gabbiadini: the only downside is he isn't a starter but probably would be for any other club than Juve or Napoli, as I honestly see potential in him. He is a big and strong player that is good at dribbling, shooting, heading, and set pieces. He should be our Number 1 striker.

Giovinco is also a great player, but again he plays for a league thats below most european ones, and I have watched MLS before its like the defenders are too afraid to aggressively tackle. Because of his size he might get tackled a little too easily, but still he is a good option.

15. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No, it doesn't.

La Magica repped this.
  16. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Would love to see how Conte utilizes Montolivo this year. He has been the DM of the year

phat and totti fan repped this.
  17. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Conte is in the stands to watch Bernardeschi and Fiorentina today. The young midfielder is having an incredible season so far. Many are starting to consider him the best young Italian talent in the peninsula....superior to both Verratti and Berardi. The chances seem very high that he will get a chance to play for the Azzurri in March.

Rosay repped this.
  18. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    what a beautiful goal he scored too... i hope he gets the call

19. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    It got slightly deflected. Even more so than Ronaldo's goal on that Florenzi deflection yesterday

20. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #545 whill4, Feb 21, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
    Conte needs to find a way to play without a prima punta because all of them are trash right now. Italy has a lot of quick and technically gifted second strikers/attacking mids. Just utilize them all like Germany/Spain do instead of building the attack around one or two tall donkeys.

Berardi, Insigne, Bernardeschi, Bonaventura, Saponara, Florenzi, Vazquez, El Shaarawy, Giovinco. A competent coach could making something work from this group.

Rosay repped this.
  21. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #546 Nek Sanalet, Feb 22, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
    Your point is definitely true, but El Shaaraway isn't that great either. Bernardeschi, Insigne, and Bonaventura are all way better than him on that left side for a variety of reasons. He has no business making the team with those three guys around (neither does Inter flop Eder).

22. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I agree. Eder and El Shaarawy really shouldn't be there at all. First of all they aren't really italian. Second of all they are flops. SES maybe scored a few important goals for Roma but thats just those first games. Eder hasn't even scored a goal for Inter yet.

23. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    El Shaaraway was born in Italy to an Italian mother. He's Italian by any reasonable definition. His problem isn't nationality, but simply not being better than other players he's competing with...

Rosay and Rossonero23 repped this.
  24. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah not necessarily saying all of those players should go. Just emphasizing my point of the abundance of these types of players Italy has

25. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Conte needs to call up Diego Perotti:cool:.

Rosay repped this.