Your press announcements and scouting...

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by AAGunner3, Oct 24, 2004.

1. AAGunner3

AAGunner3 Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why do so many of us tell our series mate via supporter press conferences that so and so was just sold to FC Fukengruven....

I'd never tell my series mates who was just transferred. I don't think so anyway. I'd rather them find out on gameday that Joe Schmoe, super-forward will be facing down their defense, and that to fund it my former uber-trainee has been sold.

Or is it more along the likes of tell them a bunch of stuff so that they'll get lazy and rely on your press announcements instead, so that you can hide the one blockbuster deal you just made?

2. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, if your series mates are anything like me the first thing I do when scouting the people in my series is check their transfer history.

(shrug) It doesn't seem like much of a big deal.

3. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    I think it is because real teams do the same thing. Transfer history is available to anyone who wants to look for it. I guess we can't stop tooting our own horns. :)

4. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly, I recently bought a new striker and goalie, and I didn't put out a PA, but the next day, a guy in my series sent me a ht-mail congratualating me on two nice pick-ups. The active teams watch what the other active teams do, it's not gonna matter if you make a PA about it or not.

5. ur_land

ur_land New Member

Aug 1, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    I mostly relay on press announcements to talk about games that have already been played, countries I'm visiting for friendlies, and players I've sold (but not players I've bought).

6. Mandibal

Mandibal New Member

Aug 15, 2004
    The logins are also a good scouting tool. If the guy hasn't logged in in 2 weeks then I his last lineup is all the scouting needed. ;)

7. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    The only time I did it was just to taunt. I made a real nice sale that I knew the suckers couldn't compete with.

:)

8. rpi-fan

rpi-fan New Member

Jun 2, 2004
    Troy, NY
    It's kind of like - if they bother to make adjustments based on your press announcement(s), they'd be willing and able to adjust based on your transfer history too.

If they aren't willing to check your transfer history, they aren't going to bother adjusting to your press releases.

9. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    i guess my approach is, its not like they can do much about it.