Your Post-Confederations Cup Squad

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Canadian Azzurri, Jun 20, 2009.

1. vlucia

vlucia New Member

Mar 29, 2009
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well, can't blame Zanetti. At the end of last season, Santon warmed the bench too. Zanetti was used as midfielder at that moment, but the LB is Chivu. The same happened yesterday. Maicon-Lucio-Samuel-Chivu

2. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Cassetti, not Motta, played RB today vs. Juventus...

3. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Inter have the best defense in club football.

4. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Maybe not THE best, but def top three in the world. Zanetti, Maicon, Chivu, Lucio, Samuel, Santon, and Cordoba is a nice list of potential defenders for a coach to have.

5. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He was a joke for them too. I've never like Cassetti as a defender and he is another example of an Italian winger being moved into a full-back position. He should always be a winger because he is a very hopeless defender.

6. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nbkxga9RJuQ"]YouTube - Gigi Buffon (Italy National Team Story) - Ma il cielo è sempre piu' blu - Esoesgallo[/ame]

7. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  8. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkKB8OWinbw"]YouTube - Andrea Pirlo - Radar Maker - Esoesgallo[/ame]

by ScardanelliScarpe

9. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    In all honesty guys, it would really be kinda hard to ignore Di Natale at this point. The guy absolutely lit up Catania today with a hat-trick performance, which now brings his Serie A leading goal tally to 6 so far in just 3 matches! The guy's on fire to say the least...

10. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Funny - I just posted something similar in another thread. Yea, I agree, Di Natale has earned a call-up for the next qualifier or two. Right now he is looking as good as or better than any of our forwards. Plus, Di Natale can bring some creativity and width to our forwards.

Buffon
    Santon - Cannavaro - Chiellini - Grosso/Criscito
    Camoranesi - De Rossi - Marchisio
    Pirlo
    Rossi/Iaquinta - Di Natale​

What do you think about Rossi and Di Natale starting at the same time though? Not too sure how and if it would work as they are both similar type of players. I feel like we need a target man to partner Di Natale. But, we can always experiment

11. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    That wouldn't work, as both are very small guys, and we all know how much Lippi likes have a bigger target man to go to up front. It will likely be one of the two partnering Iaquinta in attack though.

12. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Exactly what I think as well. But, I like having both Di Natale and Rossi as possible second strikers. We need more than one explosive forward. Di Natale has good pace, even for his age, can be a game-changer if he comes into the game as a sub.

13. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    cassano, rossi, pirlo (moved forward), di natale, iaquinta/gila/quags, (other) make a pretty solid and deep forward line plus A-Mid front 3 positions IF pirlo and di natale are fit and on good form, IF lippi called cassano and IF italy had a world class number 9 to start in that (other) slot.

the first IF could come true though we won't know until summer approaches, the middle IF is up to lippi but at this point is doubtful and the third and final IF has no chance in hell of being true...but it is still nice to pretend. :eek: :p

Lippi would be an idiot to call this guy up

Cassano 8.5 Mette in difficoltà la retroguardia atalantina con le sue continue ripartenze. Nel primo tempo una punizione sfiora il palo e una conclusione finisce fuori misura di poco; nel secondo tempo non perdona e con una discesa sulla destra si porta dietro mezza difesa avversaria, si accentra e con tempismo perfetto smarca un puntualissimo Mannini che conclude alle spalle di Consigli. Fondamentale.

datasport.it

seriously with kaka and ibra leaving, there may be no better player in serie a right now, though eto'o and maicon would beg to differ

14. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If Cassano isn't the best player in Serie A right now, he surely is close to #1.

15. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Well, the only other players that I think have come anywhere near close to him in terms of form at the moment are Di Natale and probably Diego. The guy is just too damn good! He's pretty much the main reason why Samp are currently sitting at the top of the table right now with 9 full points!

16. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I meant over a longer period like 10-12 months not just these 3 matches, but yeah it is becoming more and more ridiculous that he is being frozen out.

17. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Remember, this is the man that forced the great Roberto Baggio to stay on the bench when he was the coach at Inter. It doesn't matter how awesome the player is, as talent will immediately take a backseat to Lippi's own personal vendetta's. If we get humiliated at WC due to an ineffective attack, then I'm sure Lippi will have a great time explaining how it was well worth it in order to protect his pride and ego.

18. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Ya, over the past year him and of course Ibra and Kaka have been the stars of the show in Serie A, without question. Now that the latter two are gone, Cassano has only become even more of a standout in Italy. I personally full expect him to venture off to a bigger club, either in Italy or abroad, by next Summer. I don't expect Samp to sell him for anything less than 20-25 million either.

19. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Buffon has been in absolutely sensational form for club and country thusfar this season... I'm excited; it shows his form is creeping back to that of the early-mid 2000s.

20. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    yeah, buffon has been great.

here's cassano's ratings for today. another match, another game where he terrorizes defenses. ho hum

Cassano 7.5 Suo il primo tiro in porta blucerchiato che dà la scossa alla Samp. Grande assist per il 2-0 di Mannini. Entra anche nelle azioni del 3° e 4° gol. Un incubo per la difesa senese.

datasport.it

---------------------------------------------

Cassano 8 - E' il simbolo di questa Sampdoria che guarda tutti dall'alto in basso. Non segna ma con i piedi è come se dicesse ai compagni: 'Tieni e mettila dentro'. Una volta era croce e delizia, ora è soltanto delizia: si becca un'ammonizione e non fa una piega. Spettacolo puro, il resto sono chiacchiere.

sportmediaset.it

on a side note, palombo also had a good match it seems from the ratings

21. Aranycsapat

Aranycsapat New Member

May 27, 2009
    Padova, Italy
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm not watching the match, but according to a live ticker Foggia is wonderful this evening: he came in around 60th and in a couple of minutes gave an assist to meghni for the 0-3 and almost scored from "metà campo".

22. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  23. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Fabio Cannavaro Tests Positive For Doping Substance After Taking Medication
    The player reportedly took medication as a reaction to a wasp sting...

http://goal.com/en/news/10/italy/20...s-positive-for-doping-substance-after-taking-

24. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I know this is the "Post-Confederations Cup Squad" but we may have a "Post-WC Squad coach" lining up...

Ancelotti: My Italy and Roma dreams
    Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti admits he has two dreams of a return to Italy. “I’d like to Coach Roma or the Azzurri.”

http://www.football-italia.net/oct10k.html