Your NT Rosters for 2010 WCQ

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by midknight, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Do you think Carlos Pavon will make it to 2010 WC qualifying? I think he's 34 right now, and it wouldn't shock me if LA let him go this off-season. Honduras always disappoints me, because I pick them to finish in that 4th slot every qualifying cycle. Not this time, though. I'm already predicting the order of finish in the top 4.

Mexico
    USA
    Canada
    Costa Rica.

It's Canada's time. Why? I don't know, just a feeling.

2. TopDogg

TopDogg Member

Jan 31, 2000
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I hope so :cool:

3. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    This roster is a bit old, because we are starting to use U-23 in it.... this roster looks like from 2005, with the exception of a few players

4. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Try adding this list also, theres a few players you missed out on.... this was the roster from the Panama game.

HONDURAS NT

As of Oct. 14, 2007

Goalkeepers

Noel Valladares Olimpia
    John Alston Bodden CD Victoria

Defenders

Victor Bernardez CD Motagua
    Maynor Figueroa CD Olimpia
    Sergio Mendoza CD Olimpia
    Emilio Izaguirre CD Motagua
    Oscar boniek Garcia CD Olimpia

Midfielders

Amado Guevara (Captain) CD Motagua
    Edgard Alvarez A.S. Livorno
    Ramon Nunez Chivas USA
    Hendry Thomas CD Olimpia
    Mario Rodriguez Real Espana
    Osman Chavez CD Motagua
    Danilo Turcios CD Olimpia
    Julio Cesar de Leon Genoa C.F.C.
    Wilson Palacios Birmingham City
    Missael Ruiz CD Platense

Fowards

David Suazo Inter
    Carlos Costly GKS Belchatow
    Walter Martinez Beijing Guoan

We are starting to look like a lot like Costa Rica in terms of using more local league players vs. Foreign Legion.... i guess its a good thing, although i wouldnt mind a bit more creativity in the midfield and more shots on target from our forwards.

5. Azuran

Azuran Member

Nov 15, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    You can add Ivan Guerrero and Emil Martinez to that list. There's no way Rueda can ignore Emil that way he's playing right now and Ivan Guerrero is a must when he's healthy.

6. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    Dont forget
    Luis el bombero ramirez,elvis scott and maybe nery turcios winter as well as some of the youngsters in cagliari and in uruguay

7. lawrenceterp

lawrenceterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 2, 2006
    Virginia
    Clint I like your list for the most part. I'll throw in my own thoughts on each group.

They just brought in Tally Hall for the friendly against Switzerland. From everything I've read, he and Seitz will be the two US keepers in the Olympics. He could be in this mix as well. Otherwise there isn't too much to argue about here unless you want to quibble over the #2 spot between Hahnemann and Guzan.

I think you've got most of the regulars here. There are some changes I'd probably make. I think Conrad may be at the end of his run. I don't know that he'll be around for the 2010 team, so I'd take him out. Same for Gibbs. Just too old. I don't know a lot oabout Subotic. Maybe this is a projection on your part, but I'd take him out as well. In their places I would like Marc Burch, Marvell Wynne and Danny Califf. I really think you're going to see Marc Burch make some real noise with the national team.

Similar to the defenders, I'm going to take Mastro out because of his age. Also, I'm not feeling Lee Nguyen at all. Hopefully he'll show something and prove me wrong but I would not have him in here. Also, I thought Johann Smith was a forward, so he'd be out of my list also. In place of those three I would add Freddy Adu (I think he is a mid, not a forward), Landon Donovan (I think he also will be playing a supporting role with Altidore and Dempsey up top) and Robbie Rogers. Robbie is a hunch for me. I think he got off to a bad start in Europe but it was just because circumstances weren't good. You see players end up with the wrong fit all the time and I think Robbie had a little of that. I predict he is going to be the surprise of MLS next season and will launch himself into the national team picture. I'd might also move Zizzo to a forward spot. If I did, then I may put Kyle Beckerman in his place.

Since I sent Donovan and Adu to the mids section for me, they're out. The rest is pretty much right where I'd have them. In place of Donovan and Adu I'll put Robbie Findley and Johann Smith back here in their places. Zizzo might also be here in which case I would drop Kenny Cooper. Josh Wolff is fairly old and will probably not be around in 2010. I'm not sure who I'd put in his place though.

8. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Nery Turcios winter, i dont even think he plays football anymore. Last I heard of him was when he tried out for some C1 team in Italy, i heard he couldnt even make the first team. After that never heard from him again...... who knows