Your name is Jürgen Klinsmann - first move?

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by shirteesdotnet, Aug 29, 2007.

1. flippin269

flippin269 Member+

Aug 3, 2003
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I were Klinsmann, I'd tell Galaxy that I wouldn't start coaching the Galaxy until the exibition in Sydney around the end of November. There's no way as a coach that I'd want my name associated with the Galaxy 2007 regular season 19 points from a playoff spot with two months to perform a miracle and pray that Colorado loses 7 in a row. I'd tell Lalas or whoever "you guys figure out who's going to coach your team until the playoffs, then call me, and we'll turn it around and use Australia as the first step towards showing the world we're on the way to becoming a top-tier quality club."

Then instead of getting rid of any of the starters, I'd work on building the depth of the team by finding more defense players and having them compete with the current injured starters in training camp when they heal up for starter jobs. The starters on Galaxy aren't the problem; it's the bench that's horrible. So when eight of your starters are either injured or fatigued and you have to depend on that weak bench to become starters, it makes Galaxy suck honestly.

So basically, if I were Klinsmann, the first people I'd replace is the bench. The starters (when healthy) are a lot of talent to work with.

2. iride_mybike

iride_mybike Member

Mar 31, 2004
    DFW
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Widen the flippin field!