Your Game of the Year?

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by zinsy2, Apr 15, 2006.

1. zinsy2

zinsy2 New Member

Jan 9, 2006
    here's a question for all of you...in your opinion, what was your team's best/most exciting/clutch game of the year?

for the Steamers i'd have to say the game at Savvis Center on March 25th against the Wave.....Milwaukee scored the go-ahead goal with around a minute left...the goal scorer, Tod Dusucksky then thought it was a good idea to go to the glass and taunt the great crowd on hand by breaking out some vintage 80's Hulk Hogan like poses...

way to jinx yourself

a mere thirty seconds later, with the sixth attacker on, Mike Apple headed in a headball pass from Joe Reiniger ....we head to overtime....

a couple of minutes in Mariano Bollella hits a left footer from outside of the area that snares the upper left corner past Nick Vorberg...

8-7 Steamers....

i think that game sent a message to the champs that we are for real...all game long the Wave tried to push around and intimidate the Steamers but we pushed back...something we did not do last year....we also showed that we don't lie down and die when we face a little adversity...we come up swinging now....

i think that was the most exciting game that i saw all year...

2. justaguywholuvssocur

Apr 11, 2006
    I saw that game, was quite fantastic. My Favorite game of the year would also include the Wave. Not because the Storm have anything to prove, but, nice to beat the champs in their home. The Storm scored two short handed goals in one penalty to beat the Wave.

3. Capt. Chaos

Capt. Chaos Member

Chicago Fire & Reno 1868 FC
    United States
    Nov 12, 2005
    Way out in the land of the setting sun
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    That was a great game, more importantly a win on the road. But I think the best/most exciting Storm game of the year was on,"Peter Wilt Day" vs. Wave.

I mean we just sparred in the first quarter and knocked them out in the 2nd. We played it like a hockey game with hip checks and elbows, a whole helluva lot of shin kicking. It was already 7-1 at halftime and it's as if Rowland just decided to play the injury card after he gave up the 7th goal. More physical play ensued in the 2nd half but the scoring slowed down. Final: Storm 9 -Wave 4

4. OsFan

OsFan New Member

Mar 2, 2006
    The Blast against the Wave on February 4th. We were trailing but managed to come back to beat the Wave on a wonderful goal by Neto.

~King

5. zinsy2

zinsy2 New Member

Jan 9, 2006
    i'm guessing tonight's playoff game in Chicago won't win any votes eh?...

6. lmfoust

lmfoust Member

Aug 2, 2000
    Cleveland
    not mine, b/c C-town wasn't involved

7. zinsy2

zinsy2 New Member

Jan 9, 2006
    i know another C-town that wasn't involved either...*snicker*

8. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Anyone who would have voted for tonight's game as the game of the year would have probably enjoyed watching lions eat Christians in ancient Rome.

9. lmfoust

lmfoust Member

Aug 2, 2000
    Cleveland
    way to get in the easter mood everybody! HAHAHAHA

10. Steamer

Steamer New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    I agree with Zinsy. I can't see how that Wave/Steamer game could not be considered as the game of the year. A tying header with 13 seconds left on a head ball pass. Classic.