Your Favorite Title Season...

Discussion in 'Manchester United: History' started by sdotsom, Jan 22, 2008.

1. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I've been watching a lot of our old title charges over the last few weeks, and it's been great reliving some of our great runs to glory in the last couple decades. Just wanted to know what you guy's favorite title charges have been.

My personal favorite must be 2002-2003. When we took the trophy from Arsenal after being down more than 12 points, I was absolutely over the moon. All the knives were out for Fergie, people were questioning us left and right, Wenger and Vieira didn't stop talking shite all year, but we set them straight. Scholesy hitting a nice run of goalscoring form, Ruud being absolutely on fire, and Becks hitting the beauty passes all across the pitch.

Sure, other seasons yielded more glory,etc, but 02-03 was awesome.

2. Twix

Twix New Member

Apr 28, 2007
    06-07 has to be my favourite season.

We went from a horrible transitional phase, the 'winker' '06 storm, Ruud leaving etc at the beginning and the it finished with us beating Chelsea to the title, Ronaldo having his breakout season and Scholes coming back in style. We scored beautiful goals, Rio and Vidic became the best CB partnership in arguably the world and Giggs cemented his place as a british alltimer with his 9th league medal. One of the best things about last season was how everyone stepped up to the plate and chipped in with the goals. Our transitional period was finally over and Fergie was heralded a genius for finally having a fantastic foundation for a 4th great team.

I could go on and on but in my opinion 06-07 was a very special year.