Your country not in the World Cup?

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Fans & Travel' started by LostintheBarrens, Jun 9, 2010.

1. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Colombia is out:mad:

but we have a hell of an outdoor party to view saturday's game
    at midlothian -TX, just south of dallas!!

huge screen and over 23 soccer teams invited to view and participate in a 4X4 tourney....morning quals and after the game finals!!! how can you list this info into viewing parties thread?

http://www.midlothiansoccer.org/

2. ELMELOH

ELMELOH New Member

Jul 4, 2009
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    thank goodness all three..lol
    by background argentina and mexico, and my birthplace,. US

3. samlei72

samlei72 New Member

Jun 9, 2010
    asia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    yes... and it never qualifies since from the start.... pity

4. tranthienthanhtoan

tranthienthanhtoan New Member

Apr 12, 2010
    yes, I live in a country where football is god dishes indispensable information for every citizen, where they love football more than anything. country of Vietnam is pretty great if one day Vietnam round of World Cup

5. samlei72

samlei72 New Member

Jun 9, 2010
    asia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    i live in a country where basketball is number one sports, 2nd is boxing...... soccer is poor 5th most popular.

6. Brady

Brady New Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    My country should have been in the world cup.....if it wasn't for Henry cheating. Born and bread in Ireland. Thou we did a random sweep in work (€5 in a you pick a random team from a hat - winning team takes all) and I got France......I'll probably be the only person in Ireland shouting for France (still hate them thou)

7. MrSoloDolo

MrSoloDolo Member

Aug 2, 2009
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    colombia :( ecuador :( I hope both make it in 2014 since brazil doesn't have to qualify...

8. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Irish born and bred too and still living here.

Football is by far the number 1 sport here although sadly English football and not the domestic game. There is still huge interest in the World Cup eventhough we didn't make it.

9. JMoMo

JMoMo New Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Vancouver
    Canada out as is typical. One WC appearance. (Ice) hockey is #1 by far here but soccer is big at the grass roots level.

BUT... I am going to SA! Can't wait.

10. devioustrevor

devioustrevor Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Napanee, Ontario
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I'm guessing Philippines?

11. cuyseco

cuyseco Member

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    PERU is not there.
    I guess we are busy with Joran Van Der Sloot :mad:

12. devioustrevor

devioustrevor Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Napanee, Ontario
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

Did Peru not finish last in South America this time? Even behind Venezuela and Bolivia?

13. uuaww

uuaww Member+

Nov 21, 2007
    New Orleans, LA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, we're never qualifying... winning a game is a stretch. 199 World FIFA ranking!

14. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Im scottish. WE sadly didn't qualify but I m coming to SA and going to the QF and Final ;-)

15. AlexY

AlexY Member

May 3, 2006
    Kaliningrad, Russia
    Russia misses this World Cup, but many russians going to SA.

16. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Watching the World Cup is a bit painful for me, because Iran didn't qualify despite. While I don't rate Iran's current team as being all that good, they were still much better than N.Korea which qualified ahead of Iran. In fact, Iran failed to qualify to the World Cup, and even failed to finish among the top 3 in its group, despite the fact that it lost only one match in the qualifying games. And that loss totally against the run of play at home against Saudi Arabia. I honestly can't remember that last time a team finished 4th in a group of 5 teams while only suffering one loss in 8 games!

Put differently, neither of the two teams that qualified from Iran's group had a better aggregate record against us in the qualifiers. Iran drew S.Korea twice 1:1 home and in S.Korea, each time leading the game before allowing a late equalizer. Iran beat N.Korea 2:1 at home and was held to 0:0 draw in N.Korea, with N.Korea play bunker ball for much of that game. The only thing that lessens the hurt feeling from Iran's failure to qualify to the World Cup is that our squad, while decent enough and better than some of the teams that did qualify, was really nothing all that special. Better Iranian teams have both failed to qualify and have qualified and done less than expected. Still, this World Cup would certainly be much more enjoyable for me if Iran was there too.

17. EastTerracer

EastTerracer New Member

Mar 21, 2010