Young English players in the prem

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by Andyobri, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Andyobri

Andyobri New Member

Nov 15, 2006
    Haslingden. Rossenda
    I think that there is a wealth of young english players in the prem, almost all of teh lower leagues are of a firm English base and sooon i think the prem will be to, for a long time the stand out players in the prem have been english with the foreigners making up the numbers. now i feel that will change, the l;ikes of Ronaldo, Tevez, Torres, Droga, Anelka will be the money men, but what are they without a team, i think managers will begin to build a British if not english base on there team. I was in favour of Spurs atempt a few years back whent hey bought up lots of young english talent, Robinson, Dawson, Lennon, Carrick, they wanted a core, now ofcourse it has faqllen apart with the appointment of a director oif football looking for cheaper players.
    The price tag is a concern but English players are worth it, Bent sold for alot, this is because he is English no other reason, And one day he'll come good, Dean Ashton will also find himself on a big money move, again because he is English.