Young emerging Turks!

Discussion in 'Turkey' started by O-twn Beat-dwn, Jul 10, 2011.

1. O-twn Beat-dwn

Jun 20, 2011
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey guys thought I would start a thread where you guys can tell me about some young Turks that look like could be future stars!

Also a question, when can the footballers choose to join the National Team they want?

For example there there are 9 German-Turks on the Germany u-17 team!

Hope we can take some :D

Especially that Emre Can, but doubt it looks like they really want to secure as making him captain

2. delante

delante Member

Apr 26, 2011
    You can change the NT you play until you play a official match for the senior team of that NT. Like 1993-born-Alpaslan Öztürk in Birmingham played for both Belgium and Turkia young teams U17.

Oğuzhan Özyakup of Arsenal. 1992-Netherlands born. Plays for Netherlands young team and also captain like Emre Can. He is regarded as Wenger's new Fabregas.

First example is Oğuzhan which came up to my mind. It seems like he is gonna choose Netherlands for senior NT.

3. MrRossi

MrRossi Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Schwalmstadt
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    There are no Turks in the German teams. They are all Germans.

4. O-twn Beat-dwn

Jun 20, 2011
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thats why I said German-Turks.....

5. Barish

Barish New Member

Jun 28, 2003
    Istanbul, Turkey
    They are not German Turks. They are Turk Germans.

They are as Turk as Bon Jovi is Italian.

They were born in Germany, they are citizens of Germany, and choose to play for Germany, and we should accept and respect that.

I personally hate this pushy patronizing "no, you are a Turk" chauvinism. The guys say "no we are not, we are Germans and we play for Germany". Who the f... are we to still say "no you aren't"?

Most of these guys can hardly speak Turkish, if any at all, and there isn't anything Turkish about them apart from their names.

I think we should let it go.

B.

6. O-twn Beat-dwn

Jun 20, 2011
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I respect any descion, if they choose Turkey or Germany

Personally if I was born and raised in Germany there is no way I would choose Turkey over Germany just becuase my parents are Turkish or I speak Turkish

7. delante

delante Member

Apr 26, 2011
    hey guys look, i just found one here! It's some another kid who is talking about the same old thing again. Thank you for letting us know, waiting for other great news from you! keep in touch with us.

8. delante

delante Member

Apr 26, 2011
    you cant know that. It's easy to say like this for you but gotta live like them to say something which matters.

9. winster

winster Member

Jul 7, 2008
    Club:
    Besiktas JK
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cenk Tosun (20) had 10 goals for Gaziantepspor. He previously played for the German youth teams had a really good strike rate with them.

Mehmet Ekici (21) will play for Werder Bremen next year.

Necip Uysal (20) has been playing consistantly for Beskitas.

10. O-twn Beat-dwn

Jun 20, 2011
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea looking at his stats, watching highlights and reading couple articles, Cenk really exploded well for Gaziantepspor