You sounded great - thanks!

Discussion in 'Sons of Ben' started by DoctorD, Jul 10, 2010.

1. CopaMundial

CopaMundial Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd be willing to bet if you called the ticket office they could presto-chango your seats and put you in the River End no problem. There are still seats in the River End available because they have some for sale as single game seats that you just need to Sons of Ben promo code to access.
    If you call now you could probably get your season tickets switched. But if you wait for next season there may not be any River End seats available (although TBH there are more than a couple sour pusses who don't sing at all that seem to have gone for those seats due to lower prices so some folks will probably be looking to move out of there next season... or at least I hope they're leaving).

2. SOB - Fleetwood

SOB - Fleetwood New Member

Jul 25, 2009
    PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They will not switch the seats. I tried.

3. MrUnionFan

MrUnionFan New Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Washington Twp
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, thats what I was told as well. Thats why I said I'm stuck until next year.

Copa - thanks anyway for the suggestion.

4. sully127

sully127 Member

Apr 3, 2010
    138, C
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Which, to me, raises the issue of how do we get rid of the people that only want the discount and don't want to actually be a 'Supporter' for future seasons

5. TerrierFC

TerrierFC New Member

Oct 23, 2007
    Conshohocken, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's kind of annoying, to be honest. I'm in the back row of 138, and I'm 99% sure that some seats in the row in front of me (Row N, I guess?) are not season tickets. They have been different people each game, and someone said they asked them and they said they just bought for the game they were attending. Don't see why they wouldn't switch you. Especially since you're paying more for your current seats, and I assume wouldn't be asking for the difference back.

6. TerrierFC

TerrierFC New Member

Oct 23, 2007
    Conshohocken, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That moment was beyond cool -- gave me goosebumps. You could just see the whole crowd realize that we were pressing for a goal and really really needed one (too bad it was San Jose that scored). Everyone stood and was just clapping and cheering.

I feel like when something like that happens, it would be best for us to just go totally ape-sh#$ crazy. Jump up and down, yell and clap. Nothing organized. It would create a very cool and very different kind of feeling in the place.

7. SOB - Fleetwood

SOB - Fleetwood New Member

Jul 25, 2009
    PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Part of the problem is the agreement they had with Comcast tics.

8. bhastie8269

bhastie8269 Member

May 12, 2009
    King of Prussia, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone know where I can get a feed for the 6abc Broadcast, I don't have a DVR and they put the canadian broadcast up on MLS Matchday Live. Really want to hear Tommy and JP

9. SoItGoes

SoItGoes Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Section 109
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I'm not 100% sure about this, but I'm almost positive that you can get season tickets this year in the River End if you're interested. The website says that the section is sold out, but every SOB email says that there are tickets in the section available. The corners of the section are sparse sometimes, and I know it's not simply a matter of people not showing up. I'd call the Union ticket office if I were you. Two more seats permanently filled by chanters would be great.

10. bhastie8269

bhastie8269 Member

May 12, 2009
    King of Prussia, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those are single game tickets, season tickets in the River End are sold out, unfortunately.

11. MrUnionFan

MrUnionFan New Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Washington Twp
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for everyone's feedback & help. We'll just try our best to join the crowd when we can. In the mean time the four of us will try & make as much noise as we can in our section. I know Seitz can here my big mouth.

I was lucky enough to get tickets in the supporters section for the Man U game. That should be fun!!

12. SoItGoes

SoItGoes Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Section 109
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Thanks for the clarification. I keep telling friends who are definitely interested that season tickets are still available, based solely on the empty seats in the corners. I should trust the Union website more. I guess I can still buy them single game tickets in the River End if they're still available for certain matches.

13. SoB Bolton

SoB Bolton New Member

Mar 25, 2007
    Chester, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Call the team and see if they can hook you up with some sort of package. They want to sell tickets....

14. ChefJim27

ChefJim27 Member

Feb 9, 2008
    If you find one, Brian, let me know. I'd love to see/hear it as well.

15. CheeseGromit

CheeseGromit New Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's a YouTube video in which Nick S. explains that there are a large number of tickets reserved for the league (1000?) and a good portion of them get released back for sale at the last minute. He also mentioned that season tix will go from 12,000 to 14,000 next year.