You really want to volunteer in 2013, right? RIGHT?!?

Discussion in 'Screaming Eagles' started by fatbastard, Feb 19, 2013.

1. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Screaming Eagles had a little volunteer meeting this weekend to make sure we're ready for y'all this season.
    We're fired up to bring you the big, fun tailgates you are expecting, the road-trips you are wanting to attend, the community outreach you want to be a part of! And plenty of other stuff I probably talked through and missed hearing about.

I would like to remind all of you who find this that we are not paid, we do this for you for "fun". For free! (okay, maybe for the free tailgates).

Well, we want you to be us! Doesn't it sound like fun if you were to volunteer to help? It is! You can trust me! ;)

As usual, a little bit of time from you on game-day is always desirable (especially if you can do break-down/clean-up), but there are things you can do before or after the tailgate and game so you don't need to interrupt your binge drinking tailgate or your zen relaxation tailgate time :)

For instance, we really need tifo people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Send an email to info@screaming-eagles.com if you have ideas (just good ones, please) or want to know how YOU can volunteer!!!!!!! Or hell, even volunteer your husband, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend, or someone you just want to meet!

* any opinions expressed in this sub-forum post are those of fatbastard alone and may or not be shared by the fine folks who run the Screaming Eagles or DC United who may not be as cool as fatbastard is.

2. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is the group going to Houston for the first game of the season?

3. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As far as I know, some people are going down for the opener but I don't think the group has an "official" road-trip set up - they can usually get you tickets if nothing else - send something to roadtrips@screaming-eagles.com and ask