You know you might be a FSW addict if...

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by wjarrettc, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Nicodemus145

Nicodemus145 Member

Jul 10, 2003
    AL
    ...you only knew today's date because the transfer window closed

2. Nicodemus145

Nicodemus145 Member

Jul 10, 2003
    AL
    ...if you e-mailed your linguistics professor asking if he might end class 5 or 10 minutes early so you could have enough time to walk home and watch the Man U/Arsenal game

3. billf

billf Member+

May 22, 2001
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For me the addiction became clear when the FSW Report theme started to generate a Pavlovian style need to sleep in my wife since it officially signals her bed time. Our six month old also will fall asleep in short order if he hasn't fallen asleep by the time the show starts and the theme plays. It's very strange.

4. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    You sir, are not a FSW fan. A FSW fan does not want the formula screwed with. The glasses are part of the "Michelle Mystique."

This Lissel oddity is similar to 9/11 junkies who tuned in to MSNBC every night during 2001 & 2002 to check out Ashliegh Banfield who was broadcasting for Afgahnistan, Jordan, Iran, Pakistan, Rockefeller Center. Brown Hair, Blond hair, burka, no burka, but dammit, she always had the glasses. They sucked you in. A true dissapointment when she came on the air one night without them!

5. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    I'm happy to say that I've had my first FSW Saturday, today. We've had the package for 5 days (first match Arsenal vs. ManU on Tuesday). What a great day - Crystal Palace vs. Bolton, Stugart vs. Klauserhaulten, Arsenal vs. Aston Villa (bypassed WBA-Norwich for GolTV Real Madrid-Espnanol and 1st half of UMD game). :)

While I haven't experienced many of the items discussed above, I'm looking forward to it soon!

6. DoctorD

DoctorD Member+

Sep 29, 2002
    MidAtlantic
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you wonder if the 41-yr-old volleyball player is going to hook up with the 50-yr-old grandma.

7. JTorres

JTorres New Member

Mar 2, 2000
    The Globe-Chicago
    ... you're watching another station and you see those two fake express mail guys pull up to that house and you immediately think that you must have keyed in your FSW ... er, I mean, FSC channel number by mistake.

8. Cholo82

Cholo82 Red Card

Feb 10, 2005
    NeWjErZ
    THE US Needs ESPN DEportes fill out info and hit send . Pass this on!! it will make a difference!!
    click here: http://getespnd.cablesource.net/
    they get all CHAmpions league games!!!!!!!!!

9. Cholo82

Cholo82 Red Card

Feb 10, 2005
    NeWjErZ
  10. Nicodemus145

Nicodemus145 Member

Jul 10, 2003
    AL
    man i got no idea what i'm filling out. is this a survey? a subscription request? wtf? i want Deportes, but I can't get it, so what's with all the personal info needed???

11. fireballil

fireballil Member

Jun 22, 2004
    Litchfield,Illinois
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you still call it Fox Sports WORLD, even 10 days after the name change...and sorry if someone else has said this before. :)

12. Nicodemus145

Nicodemus145 Member

Jul 10, 2003
    AL
    ...if you blushed when Kelly Dalglish said 'congradulations fox soccer channel!'

13. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Might go against the spirit of the thread, but I am an addict.....
    of Fox Sports Espa~ol... to such a degree that i'm waiting for GolTV to come, so that i can set up my soccer viewing schedule, once i compare and contrast............. I don't i'll be leaving home much after that :)

14. Won_United

Won_United Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Spring Lake, MI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ..... If you wake up in the middle of the night and the only thing going through your mind is the catchy F S C chant they have on the new comericals

15. . . . your 8 y.o. son refuses to watch Arsenal-Crystal Palace with you because he knows it won't be much of a match

. . . your buddy flies to Spain, shoots a Gatorade commercial, brings you back an authentic Ryan Giggs jersey that the man himself wore while shooting a commercial, and your 8 y.o. son begs you not to wear it because he's a Chelsea fan

. . . your 4 y.o. daughter's favorite "movie" is "Mia Hamm." (Okay, that was from ESPN's Sportcentury, but let me slide on that one)

. . . when GolTV finally arrives on DirecTV you have a nagging concern that you're being disloyal to FSW (now FSC) by watching it, even though FSC doesn't show the Guatemalan league anyway

. . . you hope every Friday that when Nick and Steve go "across the pond" that its the chick reading the back pages, not the dude

. . . you look forward to the Dodgers/Angels "derby"

. . . you can't say the word "MLS" without immediately advocating a single table and relegation/promotion

. . . you refer to a strong Randy Johnson outing as "pitching a blinder"

. . . you know more national teams' goalkeepers than nations' prime ministers

. . . you didn't care what Springsteen or Sheryl Crow said about politics, but when Abby Wambach endorsed Kerry, you thought "hmm, maybe the guy's not so bad"

16. Nicodemus, that is brilliant.

I will use that often.

I guess that in baseball, you'd say maybe 250 pitches per game, an average of 5 interesting seconds per pitch, total of 1250 seconds of action. If there were a time clock in baseball it might be 20-22 minutes, but you're taking a risk if you TiVo a ballgame and don't set it to record beyond the standard three hours.

17. Dude. Vacation. Its only three or four weeks and you have over a year to plan for it.

18. . . . you say things like, "Nicodemus, you are in a fine patch of form!"

. . . you hear a tale of woe from Ivory Coast and you immediately worry if Didier Drogba's family were victims

. . . you are aware that Suriname is somehow related to Holland because Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink was born in Suriname but plays for Holland and that must have been cool somehow

. . . you believe Puerto Rico, Wales, Palestine and the Faroe Islands are actually sovereign nations

. . . you wonder whether you could create a better team by combining All Stars from Slovenia, Croatia and Serbia, or Ukraine, Latvia and Russia, and for just a moment you wouldn't mind returning to the Cold War, if only to make things a bit tougher for Germany to win

Okay, I'm getting away from FSC addiction into FIFA WC addiction

19. . . . You assume "Allo? ALLO! Fox Football Friday!" is a sample from a real song, that it must be a damn good song, and why the hell isn't it in heavy rotation on your favorite alt-rock station

20. . . . you figure Saudi Arabia can't be all that different from the US. They have a soccer league, we have a soccer league.

. . . you wonder why you have to explain yourself after slipping Q-league into a conversation

. . . in December, you were wondering whether your favorite baseball team (if you still have one) would sign that free agent slugger before the "transfer window" closed

21. . . . you have no qualms about the fact that you're posting the seventh consecutive message on a board on which nobody else has posted in several days, and you're still cracking up while reading last month's posts.

22. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You want to be able to pay $5 a month to watch FSC through www.foxsoccer.com

And you've posted this message before.

And it's driving you MAD that you can't pay.

23. JTorres

JTorres New Member

Mar 2, 2000
    The Globe-Chicago
    So much top shelf stuff posted Jack. Tip of the hat to you.

24. . . . you're thinking about getting drunk just to see if Chaser works

Okay, that's GolTV but this thread was started before Gol came to the DirecTV masses.

There's probably been enough content over the first two weeks of GTV/DTV to get a new thread rolling . . .

25. Nicodemus145

Nicodemus145 Member

Jul 10, 2003
    AL
    but that would make us digital cable people feel envious and obsolete....

say, how much do yall pay for a minimum directv package that includes FSC and GolTV?? i might end up switching; it's just too sweet