You know when we started getting shutout?

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Z010 Union, Aug 2, 2002.

1. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right after the National Anthem crackdown on here!

FROM NOW ON, everyone should yell O! during the Star Spangled Bannner to help ensure that it does not appear on the scoreboard after 90 minutes ;)

Sorry, just trying to shake off the depression.

2. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    Actually - I believe the shut out streak started the same time as the Mini Ditka predictions!

Burn Eric! He's a witch! He turned me into a newt! If he weighs more than a duck he must be killed!

[this insane rambling brought to you by Monty Python and the Holy Grail]

Put me down - I'm not dead yet. We still have a chance for the play-offs. I can walk - and score!

3. Topo

Topo Member

Feb 15, 2001
    I disagree. I think everybody should NOT yell "O" in the National Anthem. Then, the players think that's what we want and these MLS guys are so nice they give the fans what they want.

4. ONE

ONE Member

Aug 11, 2000
    NOLA
    what if we yelled "gooooooal" say can you see?

5. mcontento

mcontento Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Catalina Wine Mixer
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Rick77

Rick77 Member

Apr 25, 2001
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Goal suck -- because they're always scored against us. 0 - 0 road "wins" 4 ever!

7. Darryl

Darryl Member

Nov 27, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    I'm sorry, but I must confess that it's all my fault.

Last year I started losing interest in United. I didn't go to any United matches this spring. But when the WC came on, I started watching soccer again. I woke up early for all the USA matches.

I decided to go back to DC United. The first game I saw was the DC United --- Boca Juniors game. Total joke and waste of ticket money.

I went to the next game: our thrilling 1-0 overtime victory over someone, I forgot who, when Convey scored a 98th minute header.

I went to the next game: we lose 3-1 to Crew. Convey got a tying goal but then we fell apart. Alas, that was the last goal DC United has ever scored.

I didn't watch our away goalless games, but I came back to the stadium to see us lose nil-1 to the Revs.

It must be my fault because this drought started when I started coming back to RFK. Sorry.

8. Gunnersaurus

Gunnersaurus Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Jurassic Period
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    O! No! Not This Again!

Shout "O!" if you want to. Don't if you don't.

Key was born in Frederick, not Baltimore. He lived a lot in Georgetown, MD (later DC), and the "first" Key Bridge links DC and VA. He done a real cool thing near Fort McHenry in the War of 1812 (O, thus be it ever when free men shall stand...).

Let's nip this one in the bud right now.

-G. Rex

PS- JH6, I'm surprised you've let this go on so long - being from Dundalk and all...

9. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    Re: O! No! Not This Again!

Ain't nuttin' rong with Dundalk hon'!

10. RMDad

RMDad New Member

Nov 15, 2001
    Fredericksburg, Va.
    During the rain break yesterday, I was talking with Cweedchop, and realised the losing started when the rain stopped.
    United played much better in the rain, earlier in the season.
    Actually, it probably doesnt mean anything, but makes as much sense as the "O" drivel.
    Mark

11. Topo

Topo Member

Feb 15, 2001
    I do like yelling GOOOOL rather than "O."