You know what is idiotic

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by metz, Mar 28, 2012.

1. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    That from the "Rio Grande" up to "Tierra del Fuego" all the Leagues Teams there have a big economic problem, and taking in consideration that over there are maybe the best players of futbol around the world that have not been pay for months for they job, and that they are willing to change scenery and try for new horizon's like the MLS where they can and will be pay on time, is a infamy a ridiculous to look for some place else to replace any player that you want....

Why not take advantage of this, instead of bringing old tired old men, that at the final they don't give us nothing in return for they high, high ridiculous salaries...

2. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it is because Backe and Soler and to a certain extent Red Bull Corporate know very little about Central American and South American soccer. The Red Bull scouts are Europe based and Scandinavia in particular is the part of Europe that Backe seems to know the most. It is a shame but we are only fans, we don't get to make those decisions.Please correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Red Bull have an academy in Brazil and another in the African continent? You would think MLS might be a good, low risk place for them to send their youth prospects once they graduate from the academy.

**Edit: on second thought I dont know how that might work with the MLS allocation or entry process? I'm sure Red Bull wouldn't want their players being allocated to other teams!! But maybe they could be claimed as being Red Bull "home grown" players? On the other hand though, MLS has become more liberal in letting the individual teams sign the players they want--so there's no reason to think they might not be allowed to sign 2 or 3 of their young foreign academy graduates as low tier base salary players with the option to rework contract if they turn out to be really good. The other way it could be done is sign them to a base salary contract with incentives built into the contract so they could potentially earn more if they hit certain marks.

3. amr888

amr888 Member

Mar 22, 2010
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what is the big deal with scouting in Europe? There are tons of MLSers scouting South and Central America, leave it to them.

4. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Live what to whom?... I want to tell you a news, Philadelphia right now has lost they three games they play so far this year, but I bet you anything, that from here to the end of the season they will be on top of the chart and on top of the RBNY, because they have a bunch of South and Central American KIDs that will play for them all year around...with out rsst or injuries...Because they are good and young players.....

5. amr888

amr888 Member

Mar 22, 2010
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, I want to tell YOU a news. There are good and young players in Europe as well as Central and South America.

6. Soccerski

Soccerski Member

Dec 2, 2000
    Georgetown, CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The RBNY roster has a lack of ethnic and national origin diversity. Amazing, even without considering the diversity in metropolitan NY.

7. theENFORCER

theENFORCER Member

Apr 10, 2010
    NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What?
    We have American, French, Jamaican, Swedish, Norweigen, Finnish, Icelandic, Estonian, Mexican, Costa-Rican players on our squad. We can't be more diverse..

OR maybe you don't like the fact we have alot of Europeans on this squad?

Anyways, I don't think our problem lies talent wise. All the Euro players on our squad have been for the most part good signings..

8. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah.

So you are JCO.

Explains a lot really.

So tell me, what's your notebook up to nowadays?

9. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I'm quoting you on this at the end of the season.

10. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    A lack of what.....We have 80% of foreign players and a;; of them are old and crap what the hell are you talking about.....

11. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    I will not agree with you on that, maybe in will that all the foreign players are good players, included Marquez, but to be good players into the RBNY team, I don't agree with you a freaking bit....

12. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    People still continue to read what metz says? Why?

13. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Because I like to say the true no matter what....

14. juan agudelowns

Apr 27, 2011
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    This is awesome, and it makes so much sense that it's almost scary.

15. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    If as coach you will contract "Mr Magoo" his visual impediment will prevent him to find a fillet Mignon in a 5,000 pound cow, because he never will have the opportunity of see it.....And that was the problem we have with coach's like Osorio, isn't because isn't good players around there....

16. redmetrobullstars

Nov 13, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And they (European players) don't want to come to America to play for, what they presume, an inferior league.

17. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love sweeping generalizations.

18. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    For the price you will pay for a young player from Europe you will get 3 maybe 4 in Central and South America, that's why...Special right now that you have a bunch of team in bankruptcy......

19. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    This topic.

20. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club: