You guys rock

Discussion in 'Portland Timbers' started by FijiUnited, Jul 15, 2007.

1. FijiUnited

FijiUnited Member+

Feb 21, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I caught the Timbers/Victory match on FSC last friday. The atmosphere was insane, far more than I could ever have expected from USL considering most MLS sides can't even muster up half of what you guys did. Could the Timbers be the reason that MLS hasn't looked into setting up shop in Portland? Because soccer is very much alive there.

2. Lendog

Lendog Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Mt. Hood
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cool thanks, it's taken a few years to get at this size. Lots of people with great ideas helping get 107 off the ground.
    Hopefully one day all the teams will have big loud crowds!

3. Gooner_for_Life

Oct 26, 2005
    Portland, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Supposedly there were over 6000 people at the match on Friday. Seemed like a decent amount today as well. I was at both games, my 2nd and 3rd ever and both games were great. Whos at the top of the league...the timbers baby!

4. HighburyForever

HighburyForever Red Card

Oct 15, 2006
    Wooloomooloo, New South Wales
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Let me second the first posters sentiments. I recorded the game and just saw it last night! That is a fantastic atmosphere you guys put together!

If you removed the all the logos and colors, you wouldn't be able to tell if you were watching an EPL game or a USL game. I hope you get into the MLS within the next couple years. Well done! :)

5. ThaSaltCracka

ThaSaltCracka New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey guys, friday's game was the second one I have been too. The first one I sat behind the supporters section, but on Friday I was on the sideline. You guys sounded great over there and I tried my best to represent in my section, but next time I am joining you guys back over there. Awesome support and great to see!

6. Totalnerd

Totalnerd New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Portland, OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This Thursday's game is on regional cable (Fox Sports Net Northwest) and against our other hated rival Vancouver Whitecaps. I don't know if these regional fox sports channels are available in any way outside the region, just thought some of yous might want to know.

Hated rival + $2 beer = good atmosphere in PGE Park...

7. FijiUnited

FijiUnited Member+

Feb 21, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't get that channel. Can I do the USL online deal for one match?

8. Totalnerd

Totalnerd New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Portland, OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes. According to our webcast dude Hurly Burly:

9. Rochester

Rochester New Member

Jun 10, 2005
    WESTERN N.Y.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ditto.

10. Deepdale Diva

Deepdale Diva New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Preston North End Fan here. Is there anyway of listening to the Portland Timbers v PNE game over the net?

11. Totalnerd

Totalnerd New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Portland, OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You'll almost certainly be able to listen live at www.portlandtimbers.com

As for video feed: if it happens, which is unlikely (they normally only broadcast league and some Cup games), it'll be on USLLive.com (the Cup games are free to watch, so if there's an exhibition I assume that'd be free too).

Hurly Burly?

12. Deepdale Diva

Deepdale Diva New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Thanks for the info. I was having a bit of a preganacy brain moment (my hormones stop my brain functioning properly.....well, that's my excuse....) just realised that unless I want to log on in the early hours of the morning, I'm not going to be able to catch the game.

Let me know how we do.

:)

13. HighburyForever

HighburyForever Red Card

Oct 15, 2006
    Wooloomooloo, New South Wales
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    If that game is on TV in the States, there's a good chance someone will upload a torrent (if you know how to download games via bittorrent). Go here and click on the "?" Question Mark for USL games:

http://torrents.huntparkinsider.com:6969/