You guys easily are the best supporter's club for the 2004 season

Discussion in 'Lot 8' started by Sempuukyaku, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    everyopne always says that about Columbus, but I've seen them be on the point of turning people away and still have 2,000 empty seats. So I don't think their sales estimates are all that far off. I subscribe to the theory that a lot of people show up and stand in the aisles or 'terraces' (and a lot of folks buy tix and don't show, as must have beena particular factor in that game).

Now that I can't argue with.

2. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I don't mean to pile on but this has been my general feeling as well.

K

3. Begbie

Begbie New Member

Mar 10, 2001
    La Barra Brava
    Throw Andy down the well....

4. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Fair enough. And thank you for explaining your feelings in an non-confrontational matter by not bringing up unrelated stuff. I respect you and your approach. I'll try to pay closer attention to what forums the threads I'm reading are in before replying. On that note, I apologize if anyone read my remarks as anything other than a no offense meant, objective view of things. Sorry.

Good luck on Saturday.

Edit: Go to hell, Begbie - whoever you are

5. Darth Norteño

Darth Norteño With Buddha In My Fists

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Yeah, but we don't admit it with the apparent glee you take in bringing it up. As small as we may be, you can't deny that we bring it a whole lot more than many other supporters' clubs in the country, and I guarandamntee that we would rock the living hell out of Arrowhead like it was Blackbaud if we ever make our way out there. It's quality vs. quantity, and we're winning that battle. Can any KC supporters' clubs say the same, or do they even exist?

Oh, and McOwen, your rep is forthcoming. :D

6. Begbie

Begbie New Member

Mar 10, 2001
    La Barra Brava
    Thanks for the directions. I'll see you at Arrowhead.

[​IMG]

7. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Looks like HELL to me :D

8. mcontento

mcontento Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Catalina Wine Mixer
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No that's Durham, NC. ;)

9. Darth Norteño

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Are you watching, are you watching, are you watching, Andy Mead?!
    ARE YOU WATCHING, ANDY MEAD?!

Yeah, we were pretty packed tonight, weren't we? I saw you over by us. There were more of us in La Norte than all of Arrowhead on Friday. Don't you wish your Wizards were that well supported?

10. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    HA.

Remember Darth HE is the guy that "helped" you get people back in La Norte :rolleyes:

--Just saw the highlights of KC-LA on FSW... football lines and a half dozen a$$clowns with bangers.

If there is a God and he loves soccer the Wizards will lose Sunday. :D

11. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just want to take this opportunity to say how strongly I feel for you guys down there during the PKs. I don't know how much Reis-fscking-with and Rimando-buoying-up you did, but I can't imagine that it didn't count. Feel good about yourselves. You deserve to.

12. Darth Norteño

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Oh yes, how could I ever forget? After all, who better to breathe life into a DCU supporters' club than a Wiz fan? The funny thing is, I looked dead in his eyes for a second, and I'm not sure if I sensed hubris in him or fear or what, but goddamn, did it feel good.

That was easily the most agonizing and thrilling time I've ever had in La Norte. There was a thread earlier about the best time people have had in RFK, and I couldn't decide...the decision is made now. :D

13. Hezbolt

Hezbolt New Member

Jun 4, 2001
    La Norte
    I just hope next year they keep the enemy warming up in front of us because we do get to them.

I owned warren last night. He got so pi$$ed off that he actually stopped warming up, turned around to me and told me to "Shut the fvckup!". well that only encouraged me even more. As he was finally leaving the field the mocked kicking the ball at me, prompting me to act oh, so scared. His response was to throw the ball he had at me. Damn, I own him.

We were also doing the same for the scum prior to both games.

You could see it getting to some of them

14. GrillMaster

GrillMaster Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You .. you .. you guys have no class! Hee hee! :D

GM

15. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just wanted to say--I wandered into the Barra tailgate for the first time ever (I'd been invited before, but I usually go to games with the family and we kind of do our own thing). Thanks to Mike and Red&Black and whoever else I talked to (I'm horrible with names even when I haven't drank a six-pack in an hour :) ) for making me feel welcome. Hopefully next year I can join up and do it more often.

EDIT: Almost forgot--I did manage to sneak into your part of the stands for the second half. (It's Sunday afternoon and I ALMOST have my voice back.)
    What a blast!

16. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    It was a pleasure to meet ya!

My voice isn't close to being back.

17. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Mine either. My sister-in-law called a little while ago, when I answered the phone she asked if she could speak to one of my parents.....She thought I was Jimmy!!! :eek:

Vicky

18. RMDad

RMDad New Member

Nov 15, 2001
    Fredericksburg, Va.
    This is a great thead for me to thank all the folks whom have been so kind to Garth and I this Season.

From help watching him, to Oscar's kindness, tickets to trade from BarbaraJune, and the warmth and welcome we always recieve.....
    THANK YOU!!!!!!

19. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Back" is different from "back to normal." ;)

A few hours ago, a friend called me. After I answered, she said "Oh God I'm sorry--are you really sick?" :)

20. TEConnor

TEConnor New Member

Feb 22, 1999
    Think of the bright side. In case your boss is unaware you were at the game and are a complete nut, she/he will be very sympathetic to calling in sick with a crackling voice.

Cheers,
    Tim

21. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    That fvckhead?

Didnt he have somewhere more important to be last night?? :D

22. EdTheRed

EdTheRed Member+