you go kid...keep at 'em

Discussion in 'Spirituality & Religion' started by msilverstein47, Jan 18, 2012.

1. luftmensch

luftmensch Member+

United States
    May 4, 2006
    Petaluma
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "You better let us keep our Christian prayer mural or we'll kick your ass." Absolutely classic....

2. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    It always amazes me that there are still districts that would even fight something like that.

3. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'm more amazed that the districts that would fight actually have to fight... social ostracism and workplace intimidation tend to work just fine in a lot of areas of the country.

4. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It's not like she was never ostracized or intimidated over this.

Then again, you're right that it's amazing it didn't work simply because of how often it's enough.

1 person likes this.
  5. Justin Z

Justin Z Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Club:
    Heart of Midlothian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3 people repped this.
  6. Justin Z

Justin Z Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Club:
    Heart of Midlothian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For some reason, persianfootball felt it necessary to neg rep the above post. Not really sure why, since this incident has absolutely nothing to do with him or his country. I guess he doesn't care for bright, intelligent young women getting a chance at furthering their educations. Or maybe it's jealousy, seeing Americans standing up to their government and getting results, while his people got serious smack laid down on them last time they tried. Whatever it is, it's pretty sad.

1 person likes this.
  7. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In pf view of American we never stand up for our rights (even if I think all girl is being to crazy with this shit). So he must neg rep anything that may show his straw man may be incorrect.

1 person likes this.
  8. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i simply don't understand why people give neg rep. what's the point in being negative on an internet board?

a) send a PM.
    b) give + rep with a snarky comment.
    c) post something intelligent that adds to the discussion.

btw, i'm not sure i understand the bit about furthering her education. she was being prevented from getting an education? or her response to the attacks she felt she was receiving made it too difficult for her to continue her education?

9. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    ???

10. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the video showed "pages" of threats but we never had the opportunity to view what was written, and nothing was quoted or qualified in any way. i'm not sure why. i don't doubt that she received lots of threats, but i have to wonder what drove the decision not to clarify the nature of those threats.

11. Justin Z

Justin Z Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Club:
    Heart of Midlothian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, I was just referring specifically to the scholarship fund that was established for her. Obviously that's going to help a great deal to serving that end.

12. Justin Z

Justin Z Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Club:
    Heart of Midlothian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This should suffice:

http://jesusfetusfajitafishsticks.blogspot.com/2012/01/ahlquist-screenshots-if-by-christian.html

She was also called an "evil little thing" by Rhode Island State Representative Peter Palumbo. Click the link, buy a t-shirt, help support her scholarship fund.

13. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Probably the fact that they were easily accessible or viewable by anyone and had been making the rounds in the atheist blogosphere.

Which, to be fair, doesn't mean that everyone would have seen them so I guess they took for granted that everyone knew about all the reactions she had gotten or how to go about finding them.

14. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    its funny how you wish death upon someone on the internet with a neg rep but then give your money to someone else that you dont know. my point proven exactly. you are the epitome of logic are you not? you are such a prime difference maker in the world.. you give double digit donations to random, isolated causes.

15. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    neg rep is when someone posts something detrimental to the bigsoccer, and consequently, world community. but yes, things such as hoping someone dies via a retaliatory neg rep on a random post only shows frustration and mental weakness, and justifies any neg rep you received.

16. Justin Z

Justin Z Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Club:
    Heart of Midlothian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol. If you take this--on the internet--seriously . . .

[​IMG]

. . . you are not smart.

Besides, talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Your neg rep, "you tool," was CLEARLY wishing upon me that I become an inanimate implement used to complete some physical task, which is TANTAMOUNT to death, as I would no longer be in any sense, living. So in the words of the playground you came from, YOU STARTED IT! NYA NYA NYA!

17. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    Please learn how to speak and write English in a way that doesn't hurt my eyes.

18. Justin Z

Justin Z Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Club:
    Heart of Midlothian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Article in the New York Times:
    What an incredibly well spoken young woman.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/27/us/rhode-island-city-enraged-over-school-prayer-lawsuit.html?_r=2&hp

1 person likes this.
  19. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. Justin Z

Justin Z Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Club:
    Heart of Midlothian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ahahahaha. Well played.

21. topcatcole

topcatcole BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 26, 2003
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did like the mayor's comment:

"Our country was built upon civil discourse, not hate for one person exercising their constitutional rights."

Good words. He's probably toast at the next election for supporting the Constitution though.

1 person likes this.
  22. luftmensch

luftmensch Member+

United States
    May 4, 2006
    Petaluma
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Prayer banner: Atheist teen speaks out, lands $44,000 scholarship

23. Justin Z

Justin Z Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Club:
    Heart of Midlothian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just came to post that--can someone cover rep, please? Some serious ignorance at the top of the comments section. A sad reality of the continued dulling of the American populace. She's learned more about life and the Constitution than DavidArizona, CitizenKhan and Jesse4SD put together, and in only sixteen years.