"You can't buy success in MLS," (Roxburgh)

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by metz, Nov 21, 2012.

1. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    That has been my beef with Osorio and after Soler and Backe, that they was with the illusion hat if they have 15 Europeans overpaid and wash out players they will sweep with all and any trophy there and by having in MLS and they were and are wrong...

I always say that the team have to be with American Flavor, with a CORE of Local players and add here and there to complement this core with Internationals, but not to change the flag and idiosincrasia of the team and Country....

loden repped this.
  2. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    You have to like this fellow:

http://www.newyorkredbulls.com/news/2012/11/andy-roxburgh-aims-focus-domestic-talent-coach

3. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Well said Sir. I couldn't agree more.

5. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
  6. theENFORCER

theENFORCER Member

Apr 10, 2010
    NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Don't have to be him necessary, but some body with the knowledge and experience like him and dedicated to scout that part of the world, they are 100s of good players over there, and in very harsh condition of living, some playing for peanuts and some times not even that, you offer them good programs and benefices and they will come....I mean young kids 18 or so, to develop in our reserve teams for the future, and if you do a program like that you never will run out of subs not matter how many players get hurt or retire....And players used to the system and the kind of play of the team, ready to affront first grade games, and producing the right players for each spot, not bringing good old players out side position like we have been doing for 17 years, because a player because he is good, but will play on the wrong position is and will be a waste of time and money for ever....