You 8-2 See One Team Score 9 Times- The Other Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Aug 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    It could be a combination; it doesn't prove that players only develop when they play matches.

My point wasn't that we didn't grow in a game. My point was that if you focus on practice and film study your growth is substantial off the field so we can see the progress when you get on it.

This idea that players only grow from play games just doesn't make sense. It isn't an NFL thing either; same was said in high school and college. The game finally slowed down for me in college when I understood more while we were in spring practice my redshirt sophomore season.

The same will be for these young players. In my opinion if they train well off the pitch things will come into focus and the game will slow down for them mentally. Then we will see their explosion and ability to relax into their talent during the match.

madridista_hr and Drouchk repped this.
  2. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    I could see him go for south of 40 mil ( 33 mil according to transfer market) , which wouldn’t be bad considering he’s 29. Throw in a Mariano or mayoral and you pay even less.

3. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Simeone annoying as ********. Running around and celebrating after the game like he just won the title.

Lyra repped this.
  4. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    You misunderstood me, I’m not saying that they only grow by playing, I meant that playing is a vital part of their development, but yes of course there are other factors such as the environment, coach, dressing room etc.. And as you said the player’s ability to grasp many of the concepts.

5. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    NFL is different than soccer

NFL is a very specific and detail oriented sport. Practice film means the world. They practice opponents movements, plays, they game plan on the other team's specific weaknesses, etc. It literally is a game of inches

Soccer is a game where players feel their way through the game. Players grow into the game and grow into form.

Basketball and soccer are more comparable in this aspect where playing time often leads to better performance

Ahmadi8 and Bear Crotch repped this.
  6. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    This isn't the 90s and 00s...

The game has changed. You can obviously see the growth in tactics the attention to detail from watching how other teams and players play. You see defenders turning certain ways from film study of attackers and so on. At the highest level it isn't just kick and run for the best sides.

Also basketball is far from what you said. Do you know how much film study and attention to detail they do?? Almost the same as the league. Bad example.

7. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Basketball players depend a lot on form and confidence just like soccer. That's why they talk about a player getting into rhythm whether it is with his shot or passing.

I never said they don't have tactical preparation or game planning, but there is a lot of feel on both sports because it is a continuous game as opposed to American football where every single play is designed, practiced, and called by a coordinator or the QB.

There really is no comparison for the sports here bro.

A soccer coach or basketball coach is not involved in every play or decision as they are in football.

Bear Crotch repped this.
  8. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    What is your point? Football players need rhythm in play as well. QBs need rhythm with their WR/TE, RBs need carries, etc. We also depend on form from confidence.

To be elite we (basketball players as well) also study a lot of film, learn tendencies of opponents and get comfortable with tactics, etc.

Continuous play has nothing to do with finding rhythm on play or form.

Which makes individuals who want to be elite knowing more about their opponents tendencies even a greater advantage. It's the reason why people love tactical managers who watch filmnof their opponents and set their players up for success to counter... and if you're countered you adapt in response.

I don't even understand why you quoted me. In my initial post I am unequivocally stating it's a combination of both not just playing matches and getting better from simply that.

Shay Z and madridista_hr repped this.
  9. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I didn't quote you lol. I was just saying that I think playing time plays a bigger role in other sports than in the NFL because NFL is very play specific

So I can see how a player can master the playbook and practice the plays and get better without playing an actual game. In other sports i feel the players need that but need playing time.

Rarely does a player that is not playing consistently has good form while a player can come in football for an specific play and make a difference.

Anyways

I do wish Kubo would play but I don't blame the coaches. They gotto do what they gotto do and what they feel is best for their team

10. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    My bad man. In the end I don't think we're that far off from what we're saying.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  11. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Wait till hazard goes back to chelsea on loan, then he'll show ya

Lyra repped this.
  12. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I still can't believe you were a pro man.

Football is such a hard sport to be elite at. Respect

13. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Lol I kind of wish I could meet a few of you irl. I wouldn't be against it if it doesn't become weird.

Shay Z, Chinky24 and Deep Pal repped this.
  14. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Lol I just caught this.

Dude would go back to Chelsea and immediately return to his previous form and people would blame the club instead of him for being an overpaid manchild of a mental midget.

temesgen, Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.
  15. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Lol I'm game. I like traveling to cities and go to games. Met a few internet people at soccer and basketball games. Not that weird lol

Deep Pal repped this.
  16. PigBenis

PigBenis Member+

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I wish Chelsea would take him back. That would make everything so much easier (getting Mbappe and/or Halaand).

Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.
  17. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'd be fine leaning out Hazard.

Difference between Hazard and the others is that Hazard actually gets preferential treatment and undisputed playing time and somehow he still manages to suck lol

Deep Pal repped this.
  18. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    It's weird because of what I used to do. It makes everything weird; friendships, dating, etc.

19. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Lol I can see that.

But I'm a grown man. I'd be like man. That was cool. Moving on lol

20. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Honestly

I'd be like man you are one stubborn hardheaded guy more than anything :ROFLMAO:

21. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Unstoppable force against immovable object [emoji14]

22. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How the hell was Felipe not sent off for Atletico today? Smh. Can’t stand that squad and their shithead manager. We have to catch them.

temesgen repped this.
  23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I watched most of the first half and they are just incredibly boring to me. Efficient, but if you're not rooting for or against them and the opponent has a good chance of beating them, they are mostly unwatcheable for me.

24. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Some great Serie A defending. That second block by Tonali was world freaking class.

25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm super anti calling these lunges great defending. Mostly because once you flopped on your butt you're incapable of doing anything else and you're out of the game.